Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by misterschu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I recently won a Space Riders pin at an auction. The main problem I noticed was a blown transistor on the auxiliary board.

My main board is labelled A006020-15, so it is from a Middle Earth (ya... it's also got "ME" written on it...which should've been the obvious giveaway). Reviewing reference photos on pinwiki, there don't appear to be any obvious differences aside from ME having three (3) transistors at J8 where Space Riders has five (5).

Can this board be used for Space Riders with the correct ROMs installed? If not, are there modifications that can be done to make it work?

#2 1 year ago

There are sometimes missing or extra chips on the bottom half of the board, as well as various jumpers installed on various places on the board.

I haven't had a chance to really go through and document the differences, but there is some atari paperwork on it--it might be in the troubleshooting guide; I can't quite recall if that's where I saw it or if it was somewhere else.

Atari did make a "universial" board, which appears to be fully populated.

#3 1 year ago

thanks forceflow

The auction I won my game from also had a Middle Earth. I was able to contact the winner of that game and turns out he has my Space Riders board.

From my research, looks like the Auxiliary boards are interchangeable, can you confirm? Want to figure out whether we might need to swap Auxiliary PCBs too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 75.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 50.00
Lighting - Led
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 209.99
$ 99.95
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside