• Latest reply 4 years ago by Schusler
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0148 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Just doing a little research. Does anyone know where they are? Do they play? There was rumors of a third one, did that pan out. At this point any info would be cool.

thanks-J

#2 5 years ago

Hmm...Roadrunner? Don't know anything about that. While it's true I don't own the game, but I do own a copy of the original translight. Last I remember, either Tim Arnold or maybe it was Herb from Fabulous Fantasies owns or owned the game....?

John

IMG_0148 (resized).JPGIMG_0148 (resized).JPG
#3 5 years ago

Here is a short video of one on a virtual machine, I would think if the sounds/music are accurate it would get old fast.
-Mike

#4 5 years ago

Also 4x4 pinball .

#5 5 years ago

if it really made those cartoon sounds...makes me laugh.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hmm...Roadrunner? Don't know anything about that. While it's true I don't own the game, but I do own a copy of the original translight. Last I remember, either Tim Arnold or maybe it was Herb from Fabulous Fantasies owns or owned the game....?
John
[quoted image]

The originals are backglasses, not translights.

#7 5 years ago

Played this game at California Extreme back in 2003. Only 2 made. Very fun game and was for sale for $15000 at the time.
Love the look of this game and so glad I had a chance to play several games on it as well as the only ONE prototype normal size pin for Atari Neutron Star.
That was a blast to play too!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Here is a short video of one on a virtual machine, I would think if the sounds/music are accurate it would get old fast.
-Mike

The real game did not make any of these sounds. It made sounds like Atari Superman. Except it DID have that "Beep-Beep" sound if you hit the orbit shot.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The originals are backglasses, not translights.

Yes you are correct, I misspoke myself. Sorry!!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John
[quoted image]

Translite? Or backglass?

#11 4 years ago

Roadrunner was at the 1996 show at the Rivera in Vegas, at the time I didn't know it was such a rare game, but I do remember it being quite fun to play!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Roadrunner was at the 1996 show at the Rivera in Vegas, at the time I didn't know it was such a rare game, but I do remember it being quite fun to play!

Yes. I think that was the Pinfantasy show put on by Tim Arnold and Herb Silvers

#13 4 years ago

Both games are in CA, privately owned. Neither game is owned by Herb Silvers or Tim Arnold.

I know both the original owner who received them from the Atari factory, and the present owner to which they were sold. The original owner received them as part of being a former Atari employee.

One game was last available for play at Pin-Go-Go in 2016. The backglass was removed for safety reasons. There is no "third" game, but there were additional parts. There were only a half dozen screened backglasses made, the originals were NOT translites. I own one of the spares. Both games are fully classified as prototypes based on some of jankiness of the plastics and design. Both games are playable.

Keep flipping.

- TBK

#14 4 years ago

I thought Tim Arnold had one at PHOF.?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I thought Tim Arnold had one at PHOF.?

I know he had at one time along w/ a Atari 4x4. I just can't picture Tim letting anything go - especially that one.

The owner in the Cali area mentioned by Blackknight is an avid collector of all Atari coinop as well as a Bally Sente enthusiast.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-road-runner-pinball?hl=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.