1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by RonSS
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180926_124941.jpg
    20180926_131734.jpg
    ATARI-Pong-Coin-Op-Version-coin-operated.jpg_640x640 (resized).jpg
    ATARI-Pong-Cocktail-Version-coin-operated-arcade.jpg_640x640 (3) (resized).jpg
    ATARI-Pong-Cocktail-Version-coin-operated-arcade.jpg_640x640 (resized).jpg
    ATARI-Pong-Cocktail-Version-coin-operated-arcade.jpg_640x640 (2) (resized).jpg
    Pong in a Barrel (resized).jpg
    528E80FA-A771-4FE8-91DE-4A669B485666.jpeg
    E06DC107-28D6-4A77-8673-3DB20354EE7C.jpeg

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago

So the Pinfest one was a proto?

#52 1 year ago

The game is very responsive and very smooth. I almost had the feeling like it was playing as if it was on a CRT .

Once it is finished it is going to be a great Add to my basement pool table and pinball Collection .

#53 1 year ago

I walked past it at Allentown and my head swiveled like the first time I saw my wife. I played one game and told my friend, "These better cost $5K, because if they're $2K I'll have to figure out how to get it in the car." Probably should have taken the same approach with her.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I'd buy one today @ $1700. @ $3k I'm putting that money towards something I want more.

Lol @ the idea that anybody can make money selling a brand new coin op arcade game at $1700.

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol @ the idea that anybody can make money selling a brand new coin op arcade game at $1700.

I don’t see them making much money selling it any any price. Played it at TPF and it was fun for a few minutes, but the 5-10 people I observed (very small sample set, I know) All had the same response when the heard the price. It’s basically foam blocks with magnets below the playing surface.

#56 1 year ago

I think they would do well on location in a Barcade. The type of place where the loser buys the next round. I also still really like Pong though.

#57 1 year ago

The spinner looks to be an unwieldy size, but maybe the intention is shorter games for coinop. Looks great though, I'd pop in a few tokens.

#58 1 year ago

Destined for Dave & Busters or barcades? Curious.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Destined for Dave & Busters or barcades? Curious.

I would think so.. Game is definitely fun.
    Have a few cocktails and let the fun begin . I don’t believe it’s a game someone is going to play by them self every night of the week .

For under 3K worth it all day long for family and friends that are over .

#60 1 year ago

Given that it is mechanical, I think they should add (perhaps it already has it), so tactile feedback. Kind of like the coil they put in the stock of gun games to give you the feel of recoil. I think it would really add to the experience if they had a similar 'pulse' everytime you 'hit' the puck.

#61 1 year ago

We will carry Automated Services Pong games...if you are closer to us than him! Todd

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

We will carry Automated Services Pong games...if you are closer to us than him! Todd

Thanks Todd. Thanks for the video from the show. Mike and yourself are good guys!

#63 1 year ago

I was in on the Kickstarter for this as well.
    It gave you different options/add ons.
    You could choose to have it coinop or not and it was a little bit extra to get coin mechs. I went ahead and went that route.
    They also offered some pretty neat looking Atari logo stools as one of the add ones. The Kickstarter was over a year ago, so I’m hoping they come out with this soon. Like a few other people mentioned, we plan on using this as a coffee table in the living room.
    I’m a big fan of Atari and have a quite sizable collection of Atari arcade games.

#64 1 year ago

I thought these were cool when I saw them online and looked forward to playing them.
    Finally got to see and play it in person at TPF and it was a wonderful looking piece and played well.

Was seriously interested in being a distributor for them.
    However....after seeing one of them go down mid way through the show and the two techs tearing into
    it trying to figure out why it wasn't working...and unable to fix it. I became Leary.
    Built in China, poor build quality. Mind you these were prototypes but the PCB was laying on a what looked like aluminum
    foil inside of the cabinet. I wasn't impressed. Hopefully the production model is built better.

Talked with their Sales Rep about becoming a distributor and she was telling me how they were really going to do
    everything they could to protect the distributors by enforcing MAP pricing at $2995 per unit. Which seemed promising
    but the margin is really terrible on these units. Not much reason to sell them to only make a few hundred off of each unit.

Here was the kick in the pants though. My good friend was their attending the show with his son. His son kept gravitating
    to playing PONG and they spent a good deal of time on Saturday playing it. Later that evening I met up with my friend and
    he told me that their rep offered him one for $2850. Sounds like they are doing a great job holding that MAP Pricing.

Needless to say.....it's a pass for us.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

I thought these were cool when I saw them online and looked forward to playing them.
    Finally got to see and play it in person at TPF and it was a wonderful looking piece and played well.
    Was seriously interested in being a distributor for them.
    However....after seeing one of them go down mid way through the show and the two techs tearing into
    it trying to figure out why it wasn't working...and unable to fix it. I became Leary.
    Built in China, poor build quality. Mind you these were prototypes but the PCB was laying on a what looked like aluminum
    foil inside of the cabinet. I wasn't impressed. Hopefully the production model is built better.
    Talked with their Sales Rep about becoming a distributor and she was telling me how they were really going to do
    everything they could to protect the distributors by enforcing MAP pricing at $2995 per unit. Which seemed promising
    but the margin is really terrible on these units. Not much reason to sell them to only make a few hundred off of each unit.
    Here was the kick in the pants though. My good friend was their attending the show with his son. His son kept gravitating
    to playing PONG and they spent a good deal of time on Saturday playing it. Later that evening I met up with my friend and
    he told me that their rep offered him one for $2850. Sounds like they are doing a great job holding that MAP Pricing.
    Needless to say.....it's a pass for us.

I played pong at TPF also and the ones at Allentown and they are getting better each time. Prototypes at the shows. The production models should be great... Cant wait!

#66 1 year ago

Kinda bummed I missed out on the kickstarter but the silver lining is I can wait to see if these actually get put into production and then see how reliable and serviceable they are.

#67 1 year ago

Played it at Allentown and really had fun. I was amazed how responsive the mechanics were and how much it reminded me of the original game, but better and more fun. My son loved it... he’s 11 and played it for awhile. I wish it was $2k and I think I would buy one. For $3k, I have a tougher time doing it... but liked it enough to take a brochure and think about it.

#68 1 year ago

Has anyone heard when the production models are supposed to come out?

#69 1 year ago

The distributor I'm working with sent me this a couple of days ago.

"The factory has not yet started production. Trust me, I am asking daily!
    Therefore, I really feel that it will be July (earliest) that I will have product in my Dallas warehouse. I can ship from there to you in Colorado.
    I will keep you posted. I will have an update in a couple of weeks"

#70 1 year ago

Anyone that’s thinking about using this as a coffee table, aren’t you concerned about scratches on the surface? I think it might be smart to consider covering it in some sort of protective film like 3 M stone guard for cars?

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

I can confirm this. My kid was on there quite a bit playing with random people.

I love the design and the feel of the game. The reliability of their prototypes and the fact that their own guys didn't seem capable of fixing them was...eh. And also the price thing, after having followed the kickstarter (but not funded, because I don't gamble with hundreds+) was just too much. Gameplay is definitely NOT the issue with these. It's a question of if they can ramp up their manufacturing and maintain any kind of quality alongside improving the reliability. What I saw in March was probably ok for home use, but definitely not at all ready for being in a location..

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

While a cool throwback novelty, $3k for Pong seems insane.

The sales person at Midwest Gaming Classic told me it's a steal compared to the pinball machines for sale in the next room over, which he said "all cost $9000."

Right...

#73 1 year ago

Turn on, tune in and drop out man.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from roffels:

The sales person at Midwest Gaming Classic told me it's a steal compared to the pinball machines for sale in the next room over, which he said "all cost $9000."

We can thank JJP for that

2 months later
    #75 1 year ago

Here are the guts playing

https://v.redd.it/9xjjh5tquvc11

#76 1 year ago

Wow. cool view.

2 weeks later
    #77 1 year ago

Any updates? Last I heard was 2 weeks about a week ago....

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Any updates? Last I heard was 2 weeks about a week ago....

I have no updates but I will contact automated Monday morning..

#79 1 year ago

Pong was huge because video games didn't exist at the time. Today it just doesn't have staying power. Unless it's in a high traffic area with few regulars I'll be surprised if it makes enough money to pay for itself.

Text pong link- http://www.lindqvist.com/pong/

4 weeks later
    #80 1 year ago

Sweeeeet just got notice that I will be paying in full Monday to get it shipped!!

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Sweeeeet just got notice that I will be paying in full Monday to get it shipped!!

Congrats! Great game.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Did they actually give you a confirmation on shipping date?
    I.E. after you pay, are they actually shipping you a game on Monday?

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

This what was sent.....

The Pong Tables are in attached is your updated invoice. I will touch base on Monday to collect final payment so we can get your game shipped.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Ships tomorrow!

#85 12 months ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Ships tomorrow!

Awesome man congrats.
    I was in on the original kickstarter, so I'm patiently waiting for mine.
    I guess they are selling them at the moment to make up the the lack of current funding and hopefully the backers get theres shipped at some point.
    Anyhow, I did get to play one at CAX and was not disappointed.
    Very cool machine.

#86 12 months ago

Price is now $3600, another price increase of 20 percent.

#87 12 months ago
    Quoted from cudabee:

Price is now $3600, another price increase of 20 percent.

I'm out.

#88 12 months ago

If it has/had a coin door, I’d be having my route buy one. Be a great gimmick game

#89 12 months ago

How much was the kickstarter deal?

#90 12 months ago

kickstarter deal was around $1100, if i remember correctly.

#91 12 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

If it has/had a coin door, I’d be having my route buy one. Be a great gimmick game

Quoted from gliebig:

How much was the kickstarter deal?

There was an option for coin operated in the original kickstarter.
    Not sure if they are having issues with that now.

The lower level pledges sold out really quickly.
    The different pledge levels had different options etc.
    I wound up doing one with the Atari stools and coin op.
    Either way, still relatively cheap price compared to the retail ask.

Heres a link to the original kickstarter that shows you the pledge levels and options.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461917284/play-atari-pong-in-your-coffee-table

#92 12 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Heres a link to the original kickstarter that shows you the pledge levels and options.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461917284/play-atari-pong-in-your-coffee-table

Bummed I didn't get in on Kickstarter now.

#93 12 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I did the same. Coin op version with the stools. It will be the last one released due to "production planning and schedule". I'm OK with the wait though. We got a great deal since the retail coin op version will be even more expensive than the home edition and supposedly it will be stand up and not sit down. Kinda defeats the purpose of getting the stools but I have a cocktail arcade I can use them with.

#94 12 months ago
    Quoted from 1iblind:

I did the same. Coin op version with the stools. It will be the last one released due to "production planning and schedule". I'm OK with the wait though. We got a great deal since the retail coin op version will be even more expensive than the home edition and supposedly it will be stand up and not sit down. Kinda defeats the purpose of getting the stools but I have a cocktail arcade I can use them with.

Oh, interesting.
    I hadn't heard that the commercial version is an upright.
    Are there pictures floating around of what it looks like?
    Same design only taller?

I have a centipede cocktail at home, so I will probably use the stools for that as well.

#95 12 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Oh, interesting.
    I hadn't heard that the commercial version is an upright.
    Are there pictures floating around of what it looks like?
    Same design only taller?
    I have a centipede cocktail at home, so I will probably use the stools for that as well.

I'm not sure I'd call it upright. I'm thinking it will be like a Pacman Battle Royale style stand-up cocktail. I haven't personally seen the drawings/pictures. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

#96 12 months ago

I did some digging and found these. Looks like there will be 2 possibilities for the coin op version.

ATARI-Pong-Cocktail-Version-coin-operated-arcade.jpg_640x640 (2) (resized).jpgATARI-Pong-Cocktail-Version-coin-operated-arcade.jpg_640x640 (3) (resized).jpgATARI-Pong-Cocktail-Version-coin-operated-arcade.jpg_640x640 (resized).jpgATARI-Pong-Coin-Op-Version-coin-operated.jpg_640x640 (resized).jpg

#97 12 months ago
    Quoted from 1iblind:

I did some digging and found these. Looks like there will be 2 possibilities for the coin op version.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Totally different than what I was expecting, but I can get behind that.

#98 12 months ago

Integrated beverage holder, very nice!

I'd likely pump a few quarters into something like this on location.

#99 11 months ago

So apparently they were short handed and mine shipped officially yesterday!

#100 11 months ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

So apparently they were short handed and mine shipped officially yesterday!

Awesome.
    Post some pics after you get it opened and set up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 224.99
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside