Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 324 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by fluxgold
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.21.08 (resized).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.20.57 (resized).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.21.21 (resized).png
    IMG_5310 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5312 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5309 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    kk1 (resized).jpg
    20230119_153035 (resized).jpg
    20230114_180506 (resized).jpg
    210D0A6E-AF2D-4867-A890-60E0A5BD23A1 (resized).jpeg
    0A9FFFC4-47A7-4EC3-9EAA-5C84C29AA3F6 (resized).jpeg
    05C6E203-01C5-43BC-84A1-CDD19BEC97F0 (resized).jpeg
    FFD9D6FD-BFA5-4849-B36B-D1C79601C668 (resized).jpeg
    D9047835-7415-4D23-9D8B-FB0886F2DC46 (resized).jpeg
    C8C3630E-6CBD-408D-9996-F67FC4C62784 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 4 years ago

I am considering getting the commercial version. How is the upkeep on it? What type of issues can I expect to address? Has anyone had any major issues? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

#183 4 years ago

Question for the folks who have the commercial version. The machine is listed at almost 600 pounds. Is that true? Has anyone taken it upstairs? Is it possible to move it in separate lighter pieces? Or did everyone just move it as one unit?

Thanks

4 weeks later
    #191 4 years ago

Finally got it set up. For those who were wondering how heavy the commercial version is...I can attest so much heavier than a pin. Needed four guys to move it upstairs. I don't think it will every leave just based upon it's weight. lol

80363727_830918177333478_7141499090952519680_n (resized).jpg80363727_830918177333478_7141499090952519680_n (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Just visiting with other Audio Video business owners like me!

Me three! Don't want to derail the thread, but I would appreciate any tips/advice on attending. Please PM me if you care to share. Thx!

1 week later
    #209 4 years ago
    Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

Could the cocktail bar table adjust to coffee table height? Thanks!

Mine does not go that low.

9 months later
    #232 3 years ago

I have the coin-op version as well. My "cube" shudders when it moves diagonally. Does that mean I need to windex the playfield? If not, how do I make it smoother?

Thanks!

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

if your paddle or ball shudders, cleaning the playfield is a good, obvious first step but there is also a process to adjust the height position of the magnets below the playfield. If a magnet is even slightly lower than the optimum height, the ball or paddles can drag. I cant remember if this process is in the manual or not but UNIS has great tech support and should be able to provide guidance.

I just gave it a good clean. Still shudders.

By magnet, do you mean the belt tension?

#236 3 years ago

Thanks! I going to adjust it. I would guess higher position magnet means stronger pull which in turn means less shudders?

Also has anyone changed out the telfon tape?

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

Can tou please update when you know something? Is still have the problem after cleaning. Thanks so much

Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

No, under the playfield each axis has a magnet that is directly under the ball and paddles. depending how close (or far) away from underside of playfield those are, can affect how cleanly items move on the topside of playfield.

YES! I moved the magnet higher and my shudder is gone! Thanks so much.

Still curious if anyone has replaced the teflon or the wool felt pads. Unis Part store has them, but the shipping is a killer!

#241 3 years ago

Got mine from IdahoRealtor

He is a great guy to work with.

NIB coin op ~ $5000-$5500

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Other than the obvious visusl differences, is there anything substantially different in the mechanics/electronics between the consumer and commercial model?

What swayed me to the commercial cocktail version was the ability to adjust the height of the machine on the fly (using a remote). I just thought that was the coolest thing.

I am not completely sure, but I think the internal components may vary slightly. My only data point is from watching videos of how to fix the commercial version vs the home version as well as what is listed for parts on their support website.

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

can you explain how you did it? Or is it really straight forward
    Thanks!

Here is a good video.

https://www.unispartsandservice.com/helpful-videos/pong-magnet-adjustment

I didn't remove the magnet housing though. I just loosen it, raised the magnets and retightened.

Good luck!

1 year later
    #268 1 year ago

I have had mine for over 2 years and just had a fuse go out. Easy enough to replace.

I did replace the slick sticker underneath the 'ball'. Now it moves smooth as silk again.

4 months later
    #279 1 year ago

I have had my commercial version for 3 years.

Easy upkeep vs pin maintenance. Extra parts for fixes are pretty readily available and manufacturer has good video to show you how to fix anything.

I got mine from IdahoRealtor as well.

#282 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

Can you share where you got (and what are) important parts and where you found the videos for it?
    Thanks!

Sure!

Here are some videos for fixing pretty everything that needs adjustment or replacement. https://www.youtube.com/@unisusa553

And here is a link to parts. https://www.unispartsandservice.com/games/pong-cocktail-table

I will also say when I called tech support, they are VERY VERY helpful.

Their main distribution/repair center is in Dallas and I have visited several times for questions or pickup parts. What I thought was going to be complex to adjust/fix mostly just ends up being a 5 minute ordeal. If you have worked on your pins at all or installed the simplest mods, the pong table is easy peasy in terms of maintenance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-pong-coffee-table-club?tu=marioparty34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.