Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by fluxgold
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.21.08 (resized).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.20.57 (resized).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.21.21 (resized).png
    IMG_5310 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5312 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5309 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    kk1 (resized).jpg
    20230119_153035 (resized).jpg
    20230114_180506 (resized).jpg
    210D0A6E-AF2D-4867-A890-60E0A5BD23A1 (resized).jpeg
    0A9FFFC4-47A7-4EC3-9EAA-5C84C29AA3F6 (resized).jpeg
    05C6E203-01C5-43BC-84A1-CDD19BEC97F0 (resized).jpeg
    FFD9D6FD-BFA5-4849-B36B-D1C79601C668 (resized).jpeg
    D9047835-7415-4D23-9D8B-FB0886F2DC46 (resized).jpeg
    C8C3630E-6CBD-408D-9996-F67FC4C62784 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 4 years ago

Thinking about this and given that it has now been several months, I'm curious to know what people think about this game. Are you still enjoying it? Is the game holding up? Any maintenance needed?
    Thanks

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Still loving it! Family fun and most played by guests game I own...I bought it for this exact reason and happy for the outcome....but you will still find me at the pinball machines

Thanks, I like a mix of things and I'm thinking this is a fun change of pace that is 'approachable' to all ages/skills. Perhaps the best attribute is that I can simply replace the existing coffee table so absolutely no impact to game space!

1 week later
    #106 4 years ago

Quick question, which I'm sure is answered somewhere. I just can't seem to find it. I know there is a speed setting of 1-5. However, does the game speed up on its own as the length of a rally increases? If so, does the speed setting simply define the starting speed for a given point?

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

So I hate publicly saying I fixed something, because that usually means it comes right back

I sure hope you knocked on wood b/c if you are like me, you have just set yourself up for a catastrophic failure

3 weeks later
    #137 4 years ago

Joined the club today courtesy of IdahoRealtor

Played about a half dozen games with my wife and noticed something strange. Curious to know if other have seen this as well.

The right side of the table plays a whole lot harder than the left side! I mean a whole lot harder as in I only won one game...whats up with that?

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

hmm... had not noticed this, i did get my ass kicked by the AI for the first handful of games but then got the hang of it.

As I explained to my wife, I did not level the machine. I was sure the game was tilted towards me. As a result, the puck was coming downhill toward me and was picking up speed and, of course since it was heading uphill towards her, it was losing speed. She asked if that was the best I could do. I replied "Why yes, yes it is"

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

HA!
    Did you knock down the speed a bit? Ours came stockl at the highest level, muchg more playable with longer rallys at one notch lower

You don't know my wife. We used to play doubles Pong in college. She was up front and was like a backstop. It got to the point where no one would play us.

When I got it, I set the speed to 2. After a few games, she insisted we bump it up to 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Oldgoat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-pong-coffee-table-club?tu=Oldgoat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.