Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 318 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5310 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5312 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5309 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    kk1 (resized).jpg
    20230119_153035 (resized).jpg
    20230114_180506 (resized).jpg
    210D0A6E-AF2D-4867-A890-60E0A5BD23A1 (resized).jpeg
    0A9FFFC4-47A7-4EC3-9EAA-5C84C29AA3F6 (resized).jpeg
    05C6E203-01C5-43BC-84A1-CDD19BEC97F0 (resized).jpeg
    FFD9D6FD-BFA5-4849-B36B-D1C79601C668 (resized).jpeg
    D9047835-7415-4D23-9D8B-FB0886F2DC46 (resized).jpeg
    C8C3630E-6CBD-408D-9996-F67FC4C62784 (resized).jpeg
    B915B6A7-771A-4DB9-AC59-067F5F7A1E65 (resized).jpeg
    C979D245-6301-4462-8B29-4CFDDE06F925 (resized).jpeg
    08C89308-D477-4B66-877E-DCD1BCCD6704 (resized).jpeg

There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Just visiting with other Audio Video business owners like me!

Me three! Don't want to derail the thread, but I would appreciate any tips/advice on attending. Please PM me if you care to share. Thx!

#202 4 years ago

I tried to play this at the new local barcade Up-Down but it wasn’t working right and the screen kept saying HELP

I hope to try again because visually the game looks stunning and draws your attention in a room full of different games.

#203 4 years ago

Unis has a 4 player pong and some new One game at ces...

1 week later
    #204 4 years ago

Hi there,

Our paddles and center puck (all the white items) are stuck on the playfield (random) every time we play. (so they come loose from the magnetic arm below it) Any idea what to use for cleaning? Or do we need to change them?
    Thanks!!

#205 4 years ago

My puck has been stuck a bit here and there to the PF.

I would give it all a light wipe down. might buy a new puck and paddles to on spec to have on hand anyway. I think maybe they get stuck because the Teflon tape is getting thin and the adhesive could be sticky through it?

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Unis has a 4 player pong and some new One game at ces...

This was a shooting range type game. I think it shot actually bb’s at the screen. Was pretty cool.

#207 4 years ago

Could the cocktail bar table adjust to coffee table height? Thanks!

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Special Announcement!
    We are deeply discounting our remaining inventory of the Atari Pong Coffee Table version! This is a one time sale we are running to move our standing inventory. We will continue to carry this product.
    Only $2999 shipped to your door in the Lower 48!
    No Sales Tax! (unless you're in CA)
    Locals may pick theirs up from us for additional savings.
    Our remaining inventory is very limited! These are brand new units with standard warranty.
    This deal is available nowhere else. Shoot me a PM.
    [quoted image]

Hi there. I'm interested. Is this promotion still available? Thank you!

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

Could the cocktail bar table adjust to coffee table height? Thanks!

Mine does not go that low.

#210 4 years ago

Anyone has the new version (v1.1 says the manual) of the coffee table model? Anyone noticed the score board is NOT on the playfield anymore?

Looking at the manual, Unis has removed the base plate (which holds the LED score board) under the playfield. This means, the LED score board is no longer under the playfield but mounted on the bezel of the playfield, as in the coin-op models...

I can understand their thinking doing this which probably the thickness of the two layers (playfield and the base plate) was weakening the magnetic field hence the ball and paddles got stuck or off shoot etc. So they removed the base plate to get the objects more close to the magnets.

But to me this has changed the originality of the game.

Anyway, anyone got the new version, any opinions?

1 month later
    #211 4 years ago

I'm going to sell my Pong coffee table.. am I allowed to list this on pinside or know due to it not being a pinball? Thanks in advance.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from jesselee72:

I'm going to sell my Pong coffee table.. am I allowed to list this on pinside or know due to it not being a pinball? Thanks in advance.

Don’t know why not.

#213 4 years ago

We are running a sale on Cocktail Pongs right now. Only 2 left. PM for details.

3 months later
    #214 3 years ago

I need help with my pong. Getting a er p1 error. Says player 1 motor or sensor. Do i need to replace both. Or is there a way to test them. And where do you find parts

3 weeks later
    #215 3 years ago

Not looking like this thread is very active but...

Im going to look at a used pong table tonight. Anything specific i should be looking for. Known issues etc?

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from Howie2673:

I need help with my pong. Getting a er p1 error. Says player 1 motor or sensor. Do i need to replace both. Or is there a way to test them. And where do you find parts

Try UNIS tech support

#217 3 years ago

I've got one I'm looking to sell - literally took it out of the box and it never got played more than 10 times I bet... Kids are just into other stuff in the gameroom - pinball or console games... I have the unit and 2 stools... PM me if interested - located in PA...
    Joe

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not looking like this thread is very active but...
    Im going to look at a used pong table tonight. Anything specific i should be looking for. Known issues etc?

If he will let you take the glass off and table top look at the belts and make sure they’re tight. Be sure to play it too and make sure the “ball” doesn’t get dislodged when moving quickly. This thing is still new though so I’m sure it’ll be fine unless it was in a public location.

#219 3 years ago

Does anyone have a source for P156-448-000, which is the belt - I think this is the entire length needed for replacement? My Y axis belt broke or snapper right at the fixed side, not the adjustable side. UNIS only has the 1 meter belt listed on the website, at $37, and I need at least 61" for the Y.

I wouldn't mind another source or for the belt if anyone has a suggestion? Auto part store etc.

Thanks

J

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from jking3:

Does anyone have a source for P156-448-000, which is the belt - I think this is the entire length needed for replacement? My Y axis belt broke or snapper right at the fixed side, not the adjustable side. UNIS only has the 1 meter belt listed on the website, at $37, and I need at least 61" for the Y.
    I wouldn't mind another source or for the belt if anyone has a suggestion? Auto part store etc.
    Thanks
    J

Did you try to reach out to them? May be as easy as that

3 months later
    #221 3 years ago

I'm really intrigued by this table. However, every operator I've talked to has stated they've had issues, such as The main PCB, a Mosfet, and belts and what not. Reading here, homeowners have stated there are a lot of issues. I read someone saw one out of order in a Arcade Bar in Texas. I'm just confirming if anyone has had one with heavy plays without severe issues. Maintenance comes with everything, but out of the box major issues seems to be a little much.

Thanks

#222 3 years ago

No problems on mine. Had it a couple years.

#223 3 years ago

My batt and ball are getting stuck on the playfield. I changed them and then it worked perfect again. Now the new have the same problem.

Do you clean the surface? If so, what to use?
    Thanks!

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from EightiesArcade:

I'm really intrigued by this table. However, every operator I've talked to has stated they've had issues, such as The main PCB, a Mosfet, and belts and what not. Reading here, homeowners have stated there are a lot of issues. I read someone saw one out of order in a Arcade Bar in Texas. I'm just confirming if anyone has had one with heavy plays without severe issues. Maintenance comes with everything, but out of the box major issues seems to be a little much.
    Thanks

Being a mechanical machine like pinball, there is certainly going to be maintenance on those mechanics. The more use, the more maintenance. I don’t see it as any different, and operators should know that going in. We have not experienced any substantial issues. If you decide you are interested I carry the Atari Pong tables and can get you one coming!

Greg
    Pinballpro.com

#225 3 years ago

Mine gets heavy play and no issues yet and I was in on the kickstarter so I've had it awhile.

#226 3 years ago

Three years home use (probably a couple dozen games a week by my grand children) and absolutely no problems

#227 3 years ago

Just a heads up, arcade 1up and unis teamed up to make a mini pong table. I mean this is board game size.

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

My batt and ball are getting stuck on the playfield. I changed them and then it worked perfect again. Now the new have the same problem.
    Do you clean the surface? If so, what to use?
    Thanks!

Mine did that also. I believe its from the tape on the bottom wearing a bit and the stickiness of that sticking to playfield. I have used a windex type cleaner and wiped it all down well to clean mine so far a couple times.

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Mine did that also. I believe its from the tape on the bottom wearing a bit and the stickiness of that sticking to playfield. I have used a windex type cleaner and wiped it all down well to clean mine so far a couple times.

thanks! Will try that

#230 3 years ago

Picked one up a few weeks ago. Fun addition.

#231 3 years ago

We have the coin-op version in the game room that gets heavy plays and zero issues so far.

#232 3 years ago

I have the coin-op version as well. My "cube" shudders when it moves diagonally. Does that mean I need to windex the playfield? If not, how do I make it smoother?

Thanks!

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I have the coin-op version as well. My "cube" shutters when it moves diagonally. Does that mean I need to Windex the playfield? If not, how do I make it smoother?
    Thanks!

if your paddle or ball shudders, cleaning the playfield is a good, obvious first step but there is also a process to adjust the height position of the magnets below the playfield. If a magnet is even slightly lower than the optimum height, the ball or paddles can drag. I cant remember if this process is in the manual or not but UNIS has great tech support and should be able to provide guidance.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

if your paddle or ball shudders, cleaning the playfield is a good, obvious first step but there is also a process to adjust the height position of the magnets below the playfield. If a magnet is even slightly lower than the optimum height, the ball or paddles can drag. I cant remember if this process is in the manual or not but UNIS has great tech support and should be able to provide guidance.

I just gave it a good clean. Still shudders.

By magnet, do you mean the belt tension?

#235 3 years ago

I just gave it a good clean. Still shudders.
    By magnet, do you mean the belt tension?

No, under the playfield each axis has a magnet that is directly under the ball and paddles. depending how close (or far) away from underside of playfield those are, can affect how cleanly items move on the topside of playfield.

#236 3 years ago

Thanks! I going to adjust it. I would guess higher position magnet means stronger pull which in turn means less shudders?

Also has anyone changed out the telfon tape?

#237 3 years ago

Can tou please update when you know something? Is still have the problem after cleaning. Thanks so much

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

Can tou please update when you know something? Is still have the problem after cleaning. Thanks so much

Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

No, under the playfield each axis has a magnet that is directly under the ball and paddles. depending how close (or far) away from underside of playfield those are, can affect how cleanly items move on the topside of playfield.

YES! I moved the magnet higher and my shudder is gone! Thanks so much.

Still curious if anyone has replaced the teflon or the wool felt pads. Unis Part store has them, but the shipping is a killer!

#239 3 years ago

Still curious if anyone has replaced the teflon or the wool felt pads. Unis Part store has them, but the shipping is a killer!

Fantastic. Glad that got you sorted.

#240 3 years ago

What are these going for again? Where are guys getting them from too?

#241 3 years ago

Got mine from @norcalrealtor

He is a great guy to work with.

NIB coin op ~ $5000-$5500

#242 3 years ago

Other than the obvious visual differences, is there anything substantially different in the mechanics/electronics between the consumer and commercial model?

#243 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Other than the obvious visusl differences, is there anything substantially different in the mechanics/electronics between the consumer and commercial model?

I've heard no.

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Other than the obvious visusl differences, is there anything substantially different in the mechanics/electronics between the consumer and commercial model?

What swayed me to the commercial cocktail version was the ability to adjust the height of the machine on the fly (using a remote). I just thought that was the coolest thing.

I am not completely sure, but I think the internal components may vary slightly. My only data point is from watching videos of how to fix the commercial version vs the home version as well as what is listed for parts on their support website.

#245 3 years ago

What swayed me to the commercial cocktail version was the ability to adjust the height of the machine on the fly (using a remote). I just thought that was the coolest thing.
    I am not completely surely, but I think the internal components may vary slightly. My only data point is from watching videos of how to fix the commercial version vs the home version as well as what is listed for parts on their support website.

The commercial unit came out after I ordered my sit down unit. I wish I’d waited a bit longer.

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

What are these going for again? Where are guys getting them from too?

I got mine from Germany (Europe) https://pu-parts.com/atari-pong-table-pedal-assy

#247 3 years ago

can you explain how you did it? Or is it really straight forward

Thanks!

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

can you explain how you did it? Or is it really straight forward
    Thanks!

Here is a good video.

https://www.unispartsandservice.com/helpful-videos/pong-magnet-adjustment

I didn't remove the magnet housing though. I just loosen it, raised the magnets and retightened.

Good luck!

#249 3 years ago

Great! Thanks so much

1 month later
    #250 3 years ago

I need a bit of help. When I switch it on, the light strip on the side runs in a direction and the score indicator shuffles the digits.

D6BE4C6C-E7DE-4885-B16A-29FBE16A45E1 (resized).jpegD6BE4C6C-E7DE-4885-B16A-29FBE16A45E1 (resized).jpeg
    There are 318 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-pong-coffee-table-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.