(Topic ID: 226128)

ATARI PONG Coffee Table Club

By BladeFury

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5310 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5312 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5309 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    kk1 (resized).jpg
    20230119_153035 (resized).jpg
    20230114_180506 (resized).jpg
    210D0A6E-AF2D-4867-A890-60E0A5BD23A1 (resized).jpeg
    0A9FFFC4-47A7-4EC3-9EAA-5C84C29AA3F6 (resized).jpeg
    05C6E203-01C5-43BC-84A1-CDD19BEC97F0 (resized).jpeg
    FFD9D6FD-BFA5-4849-B36B-D1C79601C668 (resized).jpeg
    D9047835-7415-4D23-9D8B-FB0886F2DC46 (resized).jpeg
    C8C3630E-6CBD-408D-9996-F67FC4C62784 (resized).jpeg
    B915B6A7-771A-4DB9-AC59-067F5F7A1E65 (resized).jpeg
    C979D245-6301-4462-8B29-4CFDDE06F925 (resized).jpeg
    08C89308-D477-4B66-877E-DCD1BCCD6704 (resized).jpeg
    There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 4 years ago

Gotta say, after playing it all weekend the table is a blast.

#152 4 years ago

Finally arrived....2+yrs of kickstarter waiting

20190825_203820 (resized).jpg20190825_203820 (resized).jpg
    #153 4 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear back.
    I paid the shipping a month ago and have heard nothing.
    I send them an email over the weekend asking for a status update.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I'm still waiting to hear back.
    I paid the shipping a month ago and have heard nothing.
    I send them an email over the weekend asking for a status update.

It'll be worth it boys. Believe me. The initial novelty has worn off now since we got ours in Feb, but all the rest is still there. My teens play it the most with their friends.

#155 4 years ago

Just had my pong and stools delivered yesterday.

#156 4 years ago

I heard back from them this morning saying it's ready to ship and asking to confirm my shipping address.
    Ill update the thread later when I find out more.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

It'll be worth it boys. Believe me. The initial novelty has worn off now since we got ours in Feb, but all the rest is still there. My teens play it the most with their friends.

I've played it several time before at CAX, Texas Pinball Festival, Free Play etc., and have no question its worth the wait.
    I just wish their communication would be better.
    That said, I'm sure they have hundred if not more people they need to contact and are probably way understaffed.

I own an original Atari Yellow Pong and looking forward to putting this in the same room with it.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I've played it several time before at CAX, Texas Pinball Festival, Free Play etc., and have no question its worth the wait.
    I just wish their communication would be better.
    That said, I'm sure they have hundred if not more people they need to contact and are probably way understaffed.
    I own an original Atari Yellow Pong and looking forward to putting this in the same room with it.

Nice

#159 4 years ago

I got an email today with a tracking number stating that my game shipped yesterday.

1 week later
    #160 4 years ago

Status update:

Mine arrived today.
    I met the delivery guy at the house and got it inside and wend back to work.
    Guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

1 month later
    #161 4 years ago

I'm joining the club this sunday when I'm getting my nib Pong with 2 atari stools.

What I would like to see is a matching Pong table cloth / protector case, to protect the Pong when noth playing. Just like a protector case for a pinball machine!

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from marvinmax:

I'm joining the club this sunday when I'm getting my nib Pong with 2 atari stools.
    What I would like to see is a matching Pong table cloth / protector case, to protect the Pong when noth playing. Just like a protector case for a pinball machine!

Good idea. I’m in for one if someone decides to make it.

#163 4 years ago

I’m considering a pong cocktail high top table for my basement. My door is only 31” wide though and I’m not sure if it will fit. No clearance issues or tight spots once I’m through. Does anyone have the answer?

#164 4 years ago

Found this I assume the width doesn’t change between models
    B4FE04DF-76B3-42CD-B1F4-F4815EAB3AF9 (resized).jpegB4FE04DF-76B3-42CD-B1F4-F4815EAB3AF9 (resized).jpeg

#165 4 years ago

Just curious, how does this look in everyone's game rooms? Next to a bunch of pinball machines and arcade games, I'm wondering if it will look strange, since it's so low to the ground.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Found this I assume the width doesn’t change between models
    [quoted image]

I own the coffee table version and have played the upright version at Free Play in Texas.
    I think the upright commercial version is a wider profile as they added cup holders etc.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I own the coffee table version and have played the upright version at Free Play in Texas.
    I think the upright commercial version is a wider profile as they added cup holders etc.

You’re right. I forgot about the cup holders

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from cconway84:

I’m considering a pong cocktail high top table for my basement. My door is only 31” wide though and I’m not sure if it will fit. No clearance issues or tight spots once I’m through. Does anyone have the answer?

Just found the dimensions. 40” width for the cocktail table. Considering that most doorways are not that wide, I’ll bet that it somehow comes apart to fit through normal doorways.

865AF0C6-0F54-47AC-9FBF-3DD73EA0D037 (resized).png865AF0C6-0F54-47AC-9FBF-3DD73EA0D037 (resized).png
    #169 4 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Just curious, how does this look in everyone's game rooms? Next to a bunch of pinball machines and arcade games, I'm wondering if it will look strange, since it's so low to the ground.

I'm getting mine this sunday. could make some pictures if you like. Have 4 pinballs / a pacman battle royale / arcade cabinet / drumset / dartmachine and a 320 cm screen with beamer in my gameroom. Have 2 sofa's (one 2 and one 3 persons) and a table so we can watch a movie. When the Pong (coffee) table got my attention I noticed it has almost the same dimension as my coffee table (logical.... it's in the name that is standing with my sofa's at the moment. So I'm going to replace my normal coffee table with the pong table. So it's going to be used as a normal table also, therefore my question for a pong protector case to protect it when used as a table.......

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from marvinmax:

I'm getting mine this sunday. could make some pictures if you like. Have 4 pinballs / a pacman battle royale / arcade cabinet / drumset / dartmachine and a 320 cm screen with beamer in my gameroom. Have 2 sofa's (one 2 and one 3 persons) and a table so we can watch a movie. When the Pong (coffee) table got my attention I noticed it has almost the same dimension as my coffee table (logical.... it's in the name that is standing with my sofa's at the moment. So I'm going to replace my normal coffee table with the pong table. So it's going to be used as a normal table also, therefore my question for a pong protector case to protect it when used as a table.......

We use ours as a coffee table in our living room.
    The cool thing is it has four USB ports as well as a type C so you can charge things like a newer Mac Book.
    It's also blue tooth comparable so you can actually use it to listen to music.

#171 4 years ago

I think the fan is a bit too loud fo the living room but furthermore its a great machine in my arcade!
    Thing on mine is that it's a bit sticky and sometimes the puck 'rattles' over the play field.

Any cleaning tips?

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

I think the fan is a bit too loud fo the living room but furthermore its a great machine in my arcade!
    Thing on mine is that it's a bit sticky and sometimes the puck 'rattles' over the play field.
    Any cleaning tips?

I don't have any cleaning tips.
    I did find that if you go into the game setting and slow the speed down a bit, it makes the game more controllable.
    It will get progressively fast as the match progresses, but starts out smoother.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

40” width for the cocktail table. Considering that most doorways are not that wide, I’ll bet that it somehow comes apart to fit through normal doorways.

correct, top comes off the bottom section. It is a bit of a job to make it happen, but relatively straight forward.

The commercial version is kind of cool that you can raise/lower to the height you want.

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinPeet:

Any cleaning tips?

Fan too loud. I've done a little bit of looking to replace. Anyone looked at a quieter power supply yet??

#175 4 years ago

Fan too loud. I've done a little bit of looking to replace. Anyone looked at a quieter power supply yet??

I totaly agree, why not put a better / quieter fan inside for that kind of money? The standard one sounds like a plane….. Got my pong table delivered this weekend and very glad I bought a silent fan for 60 euro's with it. Have jet to put it in, but assume it's a lot better. Going to put in in tommorrow, I will let you guys know if it's worth the money!

Pinball universe in Germany sells them, but I assume these are for sale in the US as well: https://pinball-universe.de/umruestung-auf-silent-luefter

#176 4 years ago

I am considering getting the commercial version. How is the upkeep on it? What type of issues can I expect to address? Has anyone had any major issues? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I am considering getting the commercial version. How is the upkeep on it? What type of issues can I expect to address? Has anyone had any major issues? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Sometimes the pong comes off the magnet. You just have to open and lift the glass to re magnet. There have been a few issues with the mechs that move the Pong and paddles but nothing that wasn’t fixed or seemed horrible.

#178 4 years ago

I have had a couple times (only on one side) that if you turn the paddle, it wont move the bar(goalie) what the hell s the correct term for "your side" stopper? LOL

I took the control panel off that side, very easy, fiddled with the paddle below and voila, easy fix.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from marvinmax:

I totaly agree, why not put a better / quieter fan inside for that kind of money? The standard one sounds like a plane….. Got my pong table delivered this weekend and very glad I bought a silent fan for 60 euro's with it. Have jet to put it in, but assume it's a lot better. Going to put in in tommorrow, I will let you guys know if it's worth the money!
    Pinball universe in Germany sells them, but I assume these are for sale in the US as well: https://pinball-universe.de/umruestung-auf-silent-luefter

WOW, 60 euros for a $6 fan? shitty. Thats $87 CDN + shipping.

#180 4 years ago

Yeah I just replaced the Fan on my Dialed In with a quieter one for so much less. Less than 20 bucks shipped.

#181 4 years ago

That's true, but this one is really silent. Have put it in today, and it's way better then the factory one, almost no noise! Probably there are cheaper ones, but for me it was more important that it is as silent as possible. It's from blacknoise.com, from what I've red one of the most silent fans out there.

Has anybody put in better speakers in the pong machine? I assume that with better speakers the sound (especially when used as a Bluetooth speaker) is also a lot better!

#182 4 years ago

What you said got me thinking and I googled the type of the fan, finding it for 14 euro!!!

https://www.reichelt.nl/noiseblocker-blacksilent-pro-fan-pl1-120mm-noiseblock-pl1-p102458.html?PROVID=2788&gclid=CjwKCAiA8K7uBRBBEiwACOm4dziD91f-0bEKgUfANGMsonAswpfEJdAu-gutSyv20SOIpfvPs4UGwxoCRB0QAvD_BwE&&r=1

I'm gonna call pinball universe about this one. This is a kind of fraud, because they don't say what brand and type of fan they sell. Selling it for 4 times the price is ridiculous! So for those who want a silent and not to expensive fan, this is the one I have which is good.

#183 4 years ago

Question for the folks who have the commercial version. The machine is listed at almost 600 pounds. Is that true? Has anyone taken it upstairs? Is it possible to move it in separate lighter pieces? Or did everyone just move it as one unit?

Thanks

#184 4 years ago

If it weighs anything in comparison to the coffee table, I believe it weighs that much. The weight of the coffee table version seriously blew me away, incredibly heavy for it's size.

#185 4 years ago

Here it's on amazon also

https://www.amazon.com/Noiseblocker-NB-BlackSilent-PL-PS-Quality-1500rpm/dp/B00WVPA8S6/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1

I just bought it, for that price I will be much happier with the noise level. The first thing I noticed when receiving my Pong (other than the weight) was the volume level of that fan.

#186 4 years ago

Wow! That is some savings. Or heinous markup on the other one depending on your perspective.

Here it's on amazon also
    amazon.com link »

#187 4 years ago

Question for the folks who have the commercial version. The machine is listed at almost 600 pounds. Is that true? Has anyone taken it upstairs? Is it possible to move it in separate lighter pieces? Or did everyone just move it as one unit?
    Thanks

Yes. 500+ pounds. Cocktail version is built like a tank. Thick full-length tempered glass top on stuts and built in motorized height adjustment. Too wide for standard doorway without removing the top. There are instructions on how to do so. It’s the coolest-looking version, but maybe overkill for the home. Home version is much cheaper, has the USB charging ports and Bluetooth streaming capability, and is easily hand carried by 2 adults.

#188 4 years ago

I just bought it, for that price I will be much happier with the noise level. The first thing I noticed when receiving my Pong (other than the weight) was the volume level of that fan.

I'm happy that I could help you. You will be happy with the result especialy for the price. I would say a must buy for every coffee pong table owner! Now only 2 better speaker for a reasonable price and my pong is just like I want it to! Nobody tips on better speakers?

1 week later
    #190 4 years ago

Man I knew after Pac-Man royal, and pong people saying they weren’t done with making a pong game that this would happen. Should be insane with 4 player. Curious how they’ll do 1,2,3 player, if the other paddles are cpu, always hit the pong or just don’t move.

D0D656AA-A442-4DF5-B60B-B0C2827C77F3 (resized).jpegD0D656AA-A442-4DF5-B60B-B0C2827C77F3 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #191 4 years ago

Finally got it set up. For those who were wondering how heavy the commercial version is...I can attest so much heavier than a pin. Needed four guys to move it upstairs. I don't think it will every leave just based upon it's weight. lol

80363727_830918177333478_7141499090952519680_n (resized).jpg80363727_830918177333478_7141499090952519680_n (resized).jpg
    #192 4 years ago

That looks fuckin awesome!!!

#193 4 years ago

Had my new fan for a bit now, finally swapped it out today, much quieter. I’m pleased.

#194 4 years ago

Finally got it set up. For those who were wondering how heavy the commercial version is...I can attest so much heavier than a pin. Needed four guys to move it upstairs. I don't think it will every leave just based upon it's weight. lol[quoted image]

Another happy customer

2 weeks later
    #195 4 years ago

Hi Everyone! New Pong Coffee table owner here! After a few games we are having belt issues (grinding) and mis-alignment of the paddle and ball.

I have opened it all up and have redone the belts and it has helped for sure. I'd like to order more of the adjustment plates and screws but they don't have them on the parts website - https://www.unispartsandservice.com/games/pong

I called and spoke to them, they could not find the parts in the system either, even giving them the code and part no's. They actually told me I need to order through a distributor, which seemed odd since I can order on the website. I'm wondering if anyone has actually ordered additional plates or not?

Also wondering if anyone has had to replace felt and the teflon tape yet?

Thanks

J

#196 4 years ago

I’m going got have to replace felt and teflon tape fairly soon. As every game we start After a day or two now the “ball” is stuck to the playfield, I have to lift glass and give it a poke to release it.

There is some felt debris around the PF, I have vacuumed it lightly and used a cleaner.

Be VERY careful with the PF as it scratches quite easily.

There must have been one single piece of debris, one grain of something that the ball got under it and it made a 6-7” scratch on my PF, that was before the glass had ever been lifter

#197 4 years ago

Unis has another booth at CES, any rumors on what is next/new coming from them

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Unis has another booth at CES, any rumors on what is next/new coming from them

Not sure but I will be there and report back!

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Not sure but I will be there and report back!

I'll be there as well. Are you there working the show or just visiting?

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I'll be there as well. Are you there working the show or just visiting?

Just visiting with other Audio Video business owners like me!

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-pong-coffee-table-club/page/4?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.