Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 324 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by fluxgold
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.21.08 (resized).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.20.57 (resized).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.21.21 (resized).png
    IMG_5310 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5312 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5309 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    kk1 (resized).jpg
    20230119_153035 (resized).jpg
    20230114_180506 (resized).jpg
    210D0A6E-AF2D-4867-A890-60E0A5BD23A1 (resized).jpeg
    0A9FFFC4-47A7-4EC3-9EAA-5C84C29AA3F6 (resized).jpeg
    05C6E203-01C5-43BC-84A1-CDD19BEC97F0 (resized).jpeg
    FFD9D6FD-BFA5-4849-B36B-D1C79601C668 (resized).jpeg
    D9047835-7415-4D23-9D8B-FB0886F2DC46 (resized).jpeg
    C8C3630E-6CBD-408D-9996-F67FC4C62784 (resized).jpeg
    There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

8 months had it happen once but I had to pull the glass off and put them back in their magnetic spot! Nothing else other than felt side down...

Bit of a relief to know it can happen at least. I was kind of wondering how do you know what's the right spot to put the pieces back? Does it need to be exact - or just wherever you feel the magnetic pull through the playfield is close enough?

Also, my best guess was something needs to be calibrated as the magnet for the ball must be colliding into the magnets for the paddles. I assumed a type of calibration was happening when you first start things up - the ball moves to the center, then the game begins. But after three mishaps, one right after another, it doesn't seem to be fixing the issue.

Perhaps it's coincidence, but all of this happened shortly after I changed the default settings from a 5-point to 11-point game. (Is my table losing its calibration if a game goes on for too long?)

#102 4 years ago

Personally I would call their tech support or email them...I've done it once and they got right back to me!

#103 4 years ago

Kickstarter backers all made good now?

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Well mission accomplished getting it upstairs. I definitely feel it's harder to move than a typical pin. Have been playing it for two days and now I'm having some mechanical trouble.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    Photo 1 is taken right after we heard an awful clanking metallic collision sound on the player 2 side. I powered off the machine and took this picture where you can see the paddle is now crooked and touching the ball.
    I powered the game back on and it seemed to reset. Then came that same awful clanking metallic collision sound on the player 1 side. When that happened, the ball began reacting like it was attached to my paddle just before serving. (It moved left and right with my paddle like it should before hitting the orange button, but - as you can see in photo 2 - it was nowhere near my paddle anymore.)
    Powered off and restarted again. Things seemed to reset. Played an 11-point game with no incident.
    Then in the middle of the next game - same sound, and ball went flying into the side where it stayed. (Photo 3.) I've now shut off the game for good until I know what's happening.
    This isn't mentioned as a "common problem" in the manual, so is this normal?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Call Tech Support

# 972-241-4263

Tim Snelling – EXT: 1018

Email: [email protected]

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Call Tech Support
    # 972-241-4263
    Tim Snelling – EXT: 1018
    Email: [email protected]

Thanks for the contact

#106 4 years ago

Quick question, which I'm sure is answered somewhere. I just can't seem to find it. I know there is a speed setting of 1-5. However, does the game speed up on its own as the length of a rally increases? If so, does the speed setting simply define the starting speed for a given point?

#107 4 years ago

So I hate publicly saying I fixed something, because that usually means it comes right back - but I think I fixed it. Got a call today from Dago at UNIS while I was at work so we couldn't talk long, but he suggested I try the steps outlined in the manual for tightening the belts. Just thought I would share some photos as I bumbled through this...

Before removing the square frame you will need to unplug the LED lights. The plug for these is accessed under the player 1 control panel. It's a little difficult to see in the manual, so I included another photo. (Access it in player 1's left corner after removing the player 1 control panel.)

So as illustrated in the manual, there are five different spots where you can screw on one of two adjust plates (these are included as extras in a small box shipped under the table). I'm not sure why only two extra plates are provided if there are five spots. I'm also not sure why only one set of screws are provided as it makes the other plate rather useless when there are no screws for it. And I'm definitely not sure why one plate is plate A and another is plate B with separate part numbers when they both look identical! Anyways, the next three photos show red circles for potential spots to attach the plates.

Photo #5 shows where I attached the plate first. (EDIT: I found out later I installed the pin upside down in the photo. Make sure the pin is facing DOWN to press into the belt.) Like I said, with five potential spots to choose from, this was a pure guess. So I decided to play a game with the hood up, so to speak, to see if there were any issues.

Before starting a game like this, I recommend securing the cable used for the table's scoreboard so it doesn't get damaged by all the moving parts inside. (Photo 6.)

Things seemed fine for about three games, then I heard that awful sound I had heard before. It happened a few more times but it didn't look like things were actually colliding with each other. It just looked like maybe one of the belts was briefly coming off one of the wheels, and then the mechanism sliding back and forth shakes loudly as it briefly gets off track.

So I removed the adjust plate (remember - I only have one set of screws!) and retightened it in photo 7 on a track close to the player 1 side which I thought could be the culprit. (EDIT: Again - it's upside down in the photo. Make sure the pin is facing DOWN.) That might have been all there was to do. I played well over a dozen games after that (with the playfield still removed) and never had another incident.

The paddle/ball pieces are easy enough to put back in their spots as the magnets grip them instantly. I did notice however each piece has a side marked with a line on it. Wasn't sure if there was a particular side this should be facing and didn't notice it before I removed them. I first tried it with the line facing away from me and the ball hit the paddle and sent it flying across the playfield! Switched it around so the line was facing toward me and it didn't happen again, so hopefully that was the problem.

My only other question is how quiet should the movement mechanism be with the glass on? I can definitely hear machinery whizzing back and forth like a giant printer. I assume that's normal as it has always been like that, but I'm curious if this is the same experience as with others.
    E (resized).jpgE (resized).jpgA (resized).jpgA (resized).jpgB (resized).jpgB (resized).jpgC (resized).jpgC (resized).jpgD (resized).jpgD (resized).jpgG (resized).jpgG (resized).jpgF (resized).jpgF (resized).jpg

#108 4 years ago

Dago called me again today from UNIS to see how things were going. He explained to me that the one extra set of screws were for either adjust plate A or adjust plate B. The two plates are indeed different. They each have a pin in the center that's supposed to be facing down to press into the belt (my photos above show the pin facing the wrong way ) and plate B's pin is bigger. He recommended I first try it with plate A.

He also confirmed what I suspected that the side of the paddle with the line should be facing the player. The ball sides with the line should be facing to the sides of the playfield.

Also - the machine is by no means supposed to be whisper quiet so he did confirm the noise was normal.

Hopefully all of this did indeed fix the problem. Just to be safe I think I'm going to order more adjust plates and screws.

#109 4 years ago

Dago called me again today from UNIS to see how things were going. He explained to me that the one extra set of screws were for either adjust plate A or adjust plate B. The two plates are indeed different. They each have a pin in the center that's supposed to be facing down to press into the belt (my photos above show the pin facing the wrong way ) and plate B's pin is bigger. He recommended I first try it with plate A.
    He also confirmed what I suspected that the side of the paddle with the line should be facing the player. The ball sides with the line should be facing to the sides of the playfield.
    Also - the machine is by no means supposed to be whisper quiet so he did confirm the noise was normal.
    Hopefully all of this did indeed fix the problem. Just to be safe I think I'm going to order more adjust plates and screws.

Awesome! yeah they made a second call to me also to checkup on things...customer tech support seems to be spot on!

#110 4 years ago

So I hate publicly saying I fixed something, because that usually means it comes right back

I sure hope you knocked on wood b/c if you are like me, you have just set yourself up for a catastrophic failure

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Awesome! yeah they made a second call to me also to checkup on things...customer tech support seems to be spot on!

Dago even called me again today to make sure my PONG was still running smooth. (Which it is.) I was curious about the playfield material and he said it's actually glass. (Looks like black metal unless you hold it up to a light, then you notice you can see right through it.)

Has anyone tried cleaning it? Is glass cleaner a good idea? (I'm thinking something like Sparkle, but I don't want to apply any chemical that may damage it.) So far I've only used a dry microfiber cloth, but it's gotten a bit dirty since all the disassembly/assembly and could use a wipe down.

#112 4 years ago

I cleaned the playfield glass of my Pong table with a standard glass cleaner. The sparkle / dirt comes from the teflon tape under the ball - but it disappeared here after approx. 50 games - so no more cleaning after about 50 games needed.

cheers
    Chris

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Not yet.... last email was about a week ago saying they're rushing the last shipment before new tariff or something and that should fulfill the ks orders but..... the rush will create a more expensive shipping cost to us which is not cool.. I guess we'll see.

1 week later
    #114 4 years ago

Good idea, but Warlords is old and hard to find. Do you have a line on one? If that doesnt pan out I recommend Pong or maybe Super Chexx.

Actually I did score a Warlords cocktail and I think I will be sticking with that for a little while.

However, I find that I could still use some Atari-branded stools. Do you sell those separately?

EF4EAF4F-FC34-4985-B7B5-D526E7B747AA (resized).jpegEF4EAF4F-FC34-4985-B7B5-D526E7B747AA (resized).jpeg
    #115 4 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Actually I did score a Warlords cocktail and I think I will be sticking with that for a little while.
    However, I find that I could still use some Atari-branded stools. Do you sell those separately?[quoted image]

Wow. That looks really nice. Yes, I can sell you just the stools. Sent you a PM.

#116 4 years ago

So I hate publicly saying I fixed something, because that usually means it comes right back - but I think I fixed it. Got a call today from Dago at UNIS while I was at work so we couldn't talk long, but he suggested I try the steps outlined in the manual for tightening the belts. Just thought I would share some photos as I bumbled through this...
    Before removing the square frame you will need to unplug the LED lights. The plug for these is accessed under the player 1 control panel. It's a little difficult to see in the manual, so I included another photo. (Access it in player 1's left corner after removing the player 1 control panel.)
    So as illustrated in the manual, there are five different spots where you can screw on one of two adjust plates (these are included as extras in a small box shipped under the table). I'm not sure why only two extra plates are provided if there are five spots. I'm also not sure why only one set of screws are provided as it makes the other plate rather useless when there are no screws for it. And I'm definitely not sure why one plate is plate A and another is plate B with separate part numbers when they both look identical! Anyways, the next three photos show red circles for potential spots to attach the plates.
    Photo #5 shows where I attached the plate first. (EDIT: I found out later I installed the pin upside down in the photo. Make sure the pin is facing DOWN to press into the belt.) Like I said, with five potential spots to choose from, this was a pure guess. So I decided to play a game with the hood up, so to speak, to see if there were any issues.
    Before starting a game like this, I recommend securing the cable used for the table's scoreboard so it doesn't get damaged by all the moving parts inside. (Photo 6.)
    Things seemed fine for about three games, then I heard that awful sound I had heard before. It happened a few more times but it didn't look like things were actually colliding with each other. It just looked like maybe one of the belts was briefly coming off one of the wheels, and then the mechanism sliding back and forth shakes loudly as it briefly gets off track.
    So I removed the adjust plate (remember - I only have one set of screws!) and retightened it in photo 7 on a track close to the player 1 side which I thought could be the culprit. (EDIT: Again - it's upside down in the photo. Make sure the pin is facing DOWN.) That might have been all there was to do. I played well over a dozen games after that (with the playfield still removed) and never had another incident.
    The paddle/ball pieces are easy enough to put back in their spots as the magnets grip them instantly. I did notice however each piece has a side marked with a line on it. Wasn't sure if there was a particular side this should be facing and didn't notice it before I removed them. I first tried it with the line facing away from me and the ball hit the paddle and sent it flying across the playfield! Switched it around so the line was facing toward me and it didn't happen again, so hopefully that was the problem.
    My only other question is how quiet should the movement mechanism be with the glass on? I can definitely hear machinery whizzing back and forth like a giant printer. I assume that's normal as it has always been like that, but I'm curious if this is the same experience as with others.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have had mine since March. I am a Kickstarter buyer and waited 2 years.

Yes, it sounds like a large printer with the whizzing sounds. I have had one very small incident where we could spin the wheel but the paddle would not move back/forth. I took that side controls off, fiddled with the wheels mechs a bit and it worked fine right away. This has happened twice and very, very minor.

Now to the medium issue. I have a scratch on the playfield. I could have swore my teens took the glass off and messed with it, but after questioning them, they aren't good liars they did not ever take the glass off. The scratch is on a perfect angle that the ball would have slid across the PF. Its almost like some gunk or something like a grain of sand was under the ball and made it. Not a big deal, but I would wipe the bottom of ball every so often and clean the PF with windex/microfibre cloth here and there.

Other than that, the PONG is an absolute hit and gets way more play than my pins. The initial AWE factor is fairly huge with teens and adults. I go in at the $990 price with free stools tossed in. The gamble for me was sooo worth it. The wait sucked big time. But the payoff is great.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I have had mine since March. I am a Kickstarter buyer and waited 2 years.
    Yes, it sounds like a large printer with the whizzing sounds. I have had one very small incident where we could spin the wheel but the paddle would not move back/forth. I took that side controls off, fiddled with the wheels mechs a bit and it worked fine right away. This has happened twice and very, very minor.
    Now to the medium issue. I have a scratch on the playfield. I could have swore my teens took the glass off and messed with it, but after questioning them, they aren't good liars they did not ever take the glass off. The scratch is on a perfect angle that the ball would have slid across the PF. Its almost like some gunk or something like a grain of sand was under the ball and made it. Not a big deal, but I would wipe the bottom of ball every so often and clean the PF with windex/microfibre cloth here and there.
    Other than that, the PONG is an absolute hit and gets way more play than my pins. The initial AWE factor is fairly huge with teens and adults. I go in at the $990 price with free stools tossed in. The gamble for me was sooo worth it. The wait sucked big time. But the payoff is great.

So glad the Kickstarter paid off for you. I didn’t have the guts to get in back then. I don’t really regret it as the stress of waiting and uncertainty would not have been pleasant, but for sure that peace of mind will cost me a premium when I finall pull the trigger.

#118 4 years ago

Anyone looking to sell their PONG table? I'm in the market for one.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Anyone looking to sell their PONG table? I'm in the market for one.

What's the going rate for a used one?

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Probably hasn't happened yet. Someone's going to have to start that market I spose

#121 4 years ago

So glad to hear the kickstarters getting their machines.

#122 4 years ago

Been thinking about one of these and I too am curious what the used market is going to be and if distributors will be liquidating new stock on the original run now the the coin-op models are out?

#123 4 years ago

Coin op models are quite a bit more expensive

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Coin op models are quite a bit more expensive

Yes, I saw that but I wonder, are they beefed up to be more reliable out on location as opposed to the home model?

#125 4 years ago

I have a coin op model I may sell, if anyone is looking.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Yes, I saw that but I wonder, are they beefed up to be more reliable out on location as opposed to the home model?

the one we have on location has held up well.

It is a BEAST of a game! The location adjustable table style is build very well from what I can tell so far.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

So glad to hear the kickstarters getting their machines.

Sort of? I haven't received mine and now instead of shipping for 75 bucks its over 500....

Hopefully the rest of us will get ours.

#128 4 years ago

Got my PONG table in today... thank you NorCalRealtor for getting it to me right on time as promised. Super fun game and cant wait to share with the rest of the family.

#129 4 years ago

Got my PONG table in today... thank you NorCalRealtor for getting it to me right on time as promised. Super fun game and cant wait to share with the rest of the family.

It'll be the "go-to" machine for a while!!

#130 4 years ago

I was one of the original Kickstarter backers and got mine about a month ago with the Atari stools. It's been a big hit at our house and no issues. It is a lot of fun!

#131 4 years ago

Thanks again for your business! This thread is light on pictures. Maybe you can post one.

#132 4 years ago

Thanks again for your business! This thread is light on pictures. Maybe you can post one.

Here are some pics --- she is a beauty. Looks even better in person.

IMG_3377 (resized).jpgIMG_3377 (resized).jpgIMG_3378 (resized).jpgIMG_3378 (resized).jpgIMG_3379 (resized).jpgIMG_3379 (resized).jpg
    #133 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Flip n out has one for 2500

#134 4 years ago

I did finally get mine, about a month ago.

#135 4 years ago

$2500 with the two little stools would be a deal!

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

$2500 with the two little stools would be a deal!

Yep 4 Sure!

#137 4 years ago

Joined the club today courtesy of IdahoRealtor

Played about a half dozen games with my wife and noticed something strange. Curious to know if other have seen this as well.

The right side of the table plays a whole lot harder than the left side! I mean a whole lot harder as in I only won one game...whats up with that?

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Joined the club today courtesy of norcalrealtor
    Played about a half dozen games with my wife and noticed something strange. Curious to know if other have seen this as well.
    The right side of the table plays a whole lot harder than the left side! I mean a whole lot harder as in I only won one game...whats up with that?

HA!

Did you knock down the speed a bit? Ours came stockl at the highest level, muchg more playable with longer rallys at one notch lower

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Joined the club today courtesy of norcalrealtor

hmm... had not noticed this, i did get my ass kicked by the AI for the first handful of games but then got the hang of it.

#140 4 years ago

hmm... had not noticed this, i did get my ass kicked by the AI for the first handful of games but then got the hang of it.

As I explained to my wife, I did not level the machine. I was sure the game was tilted towards me. As a result, the puck was coming downhill toward me and was picking up speed and, of course since it was heading uphill towards her, it was losing speed. She asked if that was the best I could do. I replied "Why yes, yes it is"

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

HA!
    Did you knock down the speed a bit? Ours came stockl at the highest level, muchg more playable with longer rallys at one notch lower

You don't know my wife. We used to play doubles Pong in college. She was up front and was like a backstop. It got to the point where no one would play us.

When I got it, I set the speed to 2. After a few games, she insisted we bump it up to 3.

#142 4 years ago

Seen at the Yahoo office, where I once worked.

65077382_10158162915622699_6554009403798847488_o (resized).jpg65077382_10158162915622699_6554009403798847488_o (resized).jpg
    #143 4 years ago

Special Announcement!

We are deeply discounting our remaining inventory of the Atari Pong Coffee Table version! This is a one time sale we are running to move our standing inventory. We will continue to carry this product.

Only $2999 shipped to your door in the Lower 48!

No Sales Tax! (unless you're in CA)

Locals may pick theirs up from us for additional savings.

Our remaining inventory is very limited! These are brand new units with standard warranty.

This deal is available nowhere else. Shoot me a PM.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#144 4 years ago

Great deal and such a fun game. We got our last week through NorCalRealtor and love it.

1 month later
    #145 4 years ago

So this is awkward ... the previous post in this thread was me saying we just received our PONG table and now this very next post is me saying I'm selling my PONG table (if anyone is interested)

The way my game room is laid out, it's taking up some valuable real estate so it's time to make room. Honestly, will be sad to see it go as it's a super fun game and loved by many in the family.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/83427

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Not yet.
    I got a bill for the shipping last month (paid it on July 25th) and sent them a copy of the wire.
    They said delivery will start end of July beginning of August.
    Haven't heard anything yet.

#147 4 years ago

Me either. I did send them an email asking for an updated date last night.

#148 4 years ago

I got mine in Feb or early March. I hounded Walter, had him phone me. I emailed, and emailed. I got a $400+ usd shipping bill that I argued and never even paid. I still got Walter to release my table from distributor in Ontario.

1 week later
    #149 4 years ago

I got mine!

Only took 2 years and over 80 emails but we finally got it. Turns out my distributor was essentially Jersey jack so I just went and picked it up.

#150 4 years ago

Awesome man!!

There are 324 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-pong-coffee-table-club/page/3?hl=pinsrgrt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.