Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by fluxgold
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.21.08 (resized).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.20.57 (resized).png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 19.21.21 (resized).png
    IMG_5310 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5312 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5309 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    kk1 (resized).jpg
    20230119_153035 (resized).jpg
    20230114_180506 (resized).jpg
    210D0A6E-AF2D-4867-A890-60E0A5BD23A1 (resized).jpeg
    0A9FFFC4-47A7-4EC3-9EAA-5C84C29AA3F6 (resized).jpeg
    05C6E203-01C5-43BC-84A1-CDD19BEC97F0 (resized).jpeg
    FFD9D6FD-BFA5-4849-B36B-D1C79601C668 (resized).jpeg
    D9047835-7415-4D23-9D8B-FB0886F2DC46 (resized).jpeg
    C8C3630E-6CBD-408D-9996-F67FC4C62784 (resized).jpeg
    There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Their new customer service person just took over your case this week, right? No excuse for the last guy ignoring you, but they are ready to ship you a replacement game now. I verified this personally with the owner this morning.
    However, if you already filed a charge back I don't think they can ship it. They can't eat the cost of 2 units.
    Once again, sorry you received a damaged game.

Not asking them to absorb it. I just haven’t heard from her. So they either need to accept the charge back or refund me and pickup game or get me new one. Happy for any of those options. Just right now I have no working game and don’t have my money either.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ilushka85:

Not asking them to absorb it. I just haven’t heard from her. So they either need to accept the charge back or refund me and pickup game or get me new one. Happy for any of those options. Just right now I have no working game and don’t have my money either.

Everything has been sorted out and your replacement game is shipping today.

#53 5 years ago

Here's a promotional video we filmed recently from my game room. Not too late to get one under the Christmas tree. We have units ready to ship.

#54 5 years ago

Waiting to get an update from Ilushka85

#55 5 years ago

We have our coinop version already 1,5 weeks on location!

Cabinet quality could have been a little more refined as I'm afraid it won't hold up well in time due to some design choices...
    Players love it though and it's an attractive game played to death(pun intended).

48366515_2202607193122842_2305511931659681792_o (resized).jpg48366515_2202607193122842_2305511931659681792_o (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #56 5 years ago

erak What did you do to enable bluetooth pairing mode?

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

erak What did you do to enable bluetooth pairing mode?

Just searched for available devices. The pong table comes up.

#58 5 years ago

I guess I need to get around to opening this up then. Maybe there is something loose or in need of a reseating.

#59 5 years ago

Any updates on more people getting these/how’re they holding up?

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Any updates on more people getting these/how’re they holding up?

Mine is still doing great! Most played game at New years eve party

#61 5 years ago

Mine is also playing fine (purchased in December) and has been a conversation starter for everyone that has seen it, haha. It's fun to watch people try to figure out how it works as it has a definite initial awe factor.

That said I'm not sure how long it will stick around because I think I'd prefer another pinball machine. If anyone is interested in a gently used game with matching Atari stools let me know.

#62 5 years ago

They have all the units at CES. The home coffee table, coin op table, coin up cocktail standing table, and some skeeball

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Mine is also playing fine (purchased in December) and has been a conversation starter for everyone that has seen it, haha. It's fun to watch people try to figure out how it works as it has a definite initial awe factor.
    That said I'm not sure how long it will stick around because I think I'd prefer another pinball machine. If anyone is interested in a gently used game with matching Atari stools let me know.

Will be interesting to see what these sell for used...

#64 5 years ago

Played one of these this past weekend at a arcade expo and it was pretty fun. l was impressed with the way it looks in person, and also how it has physical moving pieces not a video screen.

#65 5 years ago

Anyone see the new units at CES? I’m on the fence I’m not sure which one to get

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Whichever one you get, it will be fun for all!

#67 5 years ago

I saw all 3 units at IAAPA and I personally like the stand up version . It has height adjustments , cup holders , etc . I liked that one the best and plan on getting one this year .

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Where are you putting it, or what are your expectations?

There is a standing one and a larger table one that have coin doors. Then there is the small coffee table that is no coin door. Sort of like chexx

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phatchit:

I saw all 3 units at IAAPA and I personally like the stand up version . It has height adjustments , cup holders , etc . I liked that one the best and plan on getting one this year .

Did they have pricing for each on all three?

#70 5 years ago

I have all the pricing, but don't think I'm allowed to post it until it's officially announced. Anyone curious feel free to PM me.

Commercial versions a bit more, but not a huge difference.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Where are you putting it, or what are your expectations?
    There is a standing one and a larger table one that have coin doors. Then there is the small coffee table that is no coin door. Sort of like chexx

It will be used in my gameroom/mancave. I’ve seen the sit down coffee table version. Looking for something that doesn’t take a lot of space.

#72 5 years ago

Bar high top was quoted ~$4999. Looks great!

Also poked around and they have another game lined up in the works and they said pong wasn’t done so they must have another cool idea coming

#73 5 years ago

Day 1 Kickstarter backer -- crickets...

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinJump:

Day 1 Kickstarter backer -- crickets...

This is why I won’t buy one.

However, to be fair, I backed the Stern book over two years ago and have also received nothing.

#75 5 years ago

I have one that I bought at Expo. I had plans to place it in our pediatric waiting room but I'm having second thoughts. I may consider just selling it. I have both chairs.PM if interested. 3k

#76 5 years ago

UNIS just debuted the new commercial versions of Pong at CES last week. Good press coverage. Sounds like they were a big hit. Best of all I am now able to post pricing and begin taking orders!

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/01/10/this-crowdfunded-pong-table-might-be-the-coolest-thing-at-ces/

https://www.cnet.com/news/this-modern-pong-table-at-ces-2019-is-better-than-it-has-any-right-to-be/

UNIS really stepped it up with the light show on these commercial versions. Sure to garner lots of attention. And without the need for stools on each side, these larger commercial versions should take up less overall floor space than the Coffee Table version w/stools.

ARCADE VERSION:

$4299 + shipping

Considered standing height at 32" tall. A bit short for me, but I'm 6'5". Should be fine for most. Location ready w/coin mechs & ticket dispenser. Maybe my favorite version.

pgnyhTpg (resized).jpegpgnyhTpg (resized).jpeg

P6Ho1j8X (resized).jpegP6Ho1j8X (resized).jpeg

JtFl9bkW (resized).jpegJtFl9bkW (resized).jpeg

COCKTAIL VERSION:

$4499 + shipping

Ideal for bars & barcades. Adjustable height and built in cup holders. Full glass top. Location ready with coin mechs and DBA slot. DBA maybe included, but still need to confirm. No ticket dispenser. USB ports for phone charging.

Atari-Pong-COCKTAIL-version-1024x683 (resized).jpgAtari-Pong-COCKTAIL-version-1024x683 (resized).jpg

VVysI4jD (resized).pngVVysI4jD (resized).png

#77 5 years ago

One more thing to add on pricing. This product has MAP pricing, so there's no need to price shop! We cannot undercut each other. So, order from whomever you'd like.

Coffee Table version is still $2999 + shipping

I can't speak for everyone, but I am not collecting sales tax yet for out-of-state buyers. I am also happy to accept credit card payments at no additional charge.

I have the Coffee Table version in stock and ready to ship. ETA for availability on the commercial versions is March. I am currently taking reservations on those with a refundable deposit.

PM me with any questions or to initiate your order.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

COCKTAIL VERSION:
    $4499 + shipping
    Ideal for bars & barcades. Adjustable height and built in cup holders. Full glass top. Location ready with coin mechs and DBA slot. DBA maybe included, but still need to confirm. No ticket dispenser. USB ports for phone charging.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

An employee said the prototype has usb but the production wouldn’t....but you’d have to verify.

1 week later
    #79 5 years ago

Here's some good game play video of all 3 version, courtesy of Arcade Heroes.

3 months later
    #80 4 years ago

Yay! Just placed an order for mine with BBO.

I have two questions:

1. Is this table really 250 pounds like the OP mentioned? (I'm asking because BBO's site shows it's 66 pounds. That's a pretty big freaking difference.)
    2. This isn't a video game, nor is it pinball. So how do I explain to my wife what this is when it arrives? A "coffee table"?

#81 4 years ago

It is a heavy SOB. My neighbor will never help me lift another game..

I love my coffee table!

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

It is a heavy SOB. My neighbor will never help me lift another game..
    I love my coffee table!

Oh boy. I can just imagine the bickering as I load this on my dolly and she helps me move it upstairs.

"What IS this? Did you buy another pinball machine???"

"I said... it's... a... COFFEE TABLE!!!"

#83 4 years ago

Just downloaded the owners' manual and it states 154.3 pounds. So I'm curious - does anyone know if its flat underneath its four corners? I might be needing to add some carpet sliders to move it out of the way when more floor space is needed.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Just downloaded the owners' manual and it states 154.3 pounds. So I'm curious - does anyone know if its flat underneath its four corners? I might be needing to add some carpet sliders to move it out of the way when more floor space is needed.

Not perfectly, but you could still use some furniture sliders without issue, they'd just probably be a little visible if you wanted to leave them all the time.

It sits primarily on slightly curved plasticity edges of the vertical cab side boards (poor description, i know. I'll try to get some pics when i get home). I added numerous tiny felt pads to mine to slide it in/out from under my pool table. Works fine, but they're starting to come off, so I've purchased some of these (definitely overkill) casters instead:

https://www.amazon.com/11500-Workbench-Caster-kit-Construction/dp/B07DX7HL9G/

#85 4 years ago

Thinking about this and given that it has now been several months, I'm curious to know what people think about this game. Are you still enjoying it? Is the game holding up? Any maintenance needed?
    Thanks

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Thinking about this and given that it has now been several months, I'm curious to know what people think about this game. Are you still enjoying it? Is the game holding up? Any maintenance needed?
    Thanks

Still loving it! Family fun and most played by guests game I own...I bought it for this exact reason and happy for the outcome....but you will still find me at the pinball machines

#87 4 years ago

I really want a simultaneous multiplayer game foe the game room. I am thinking of grabbing a Warlords cocktail and perhaps upgrading to the PONG table down the road.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Still loving it! Family fun and most played by guests game I own...I bought it for this exact reason and happy for the outcome....but you will still find me at the pinball machines

Thanks, I like a mix of things and I'm thinking this is a fun change of pace that is 'approachable' to all ages/skills. Perhaps the best attribute is that I can simply replace the existing coffee table so absolutely no impact to game space!

#89 4 years ago

Mine just arrived and I'm starting to realize this isn't going to be easy. Needs to go upstairs and then make a sharp turn down a hallway. Originally planned on strapping the box to a dolly. Except after cutting the straps off the pallet I realized the box has a false bottom. So I'm not sure about transporting this in its box. Anyone have suggestions on how to move this? Is it safe to carry and stand up vertically? Is it OK to tilt it so its resting on its side?
    0522191250~2 (resized).jpg0522191250~2 (resized).jpg

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

I really want a simultaneous multiplayer game foe the game room. I am thinking of grabbing a Warlords cocktail and perhaps upgrading to the PONG table down the road.

Good idea, but Warlords is old and hard to find. Do you have a line on one? If that doesnt pan out I recommend Pong or maybe Super Chexx.

#91 4 years ago

I'd love a warlords cocktail. I can only remember seeing one come up for sale. I used to love playing that game.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from rennervision:

Mine just arrived and I'm starting to realize this isn't going to be easy. Needs to go upstairs and then make a sharp turn down a hallway. Originally planned on strapping the box to a dolly. Except after cutting the straps off the pallet I realized the box has a false bottom. So I'm not sure about transporting this in its box. Anyone have suggestions on how to move this? Is it safe to carry and stand up vertically? Is it OK to tilt it so its resting on its side?
    [quoted image]

I removed mine from the box and stood on its side on my lift cart to get in the door. It's definitely top heavy that way but no problem if you use a strap and blanket for safety and definitely remember to remove the glass first.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

I removed mine from the box and stood on its side on my lift cart to get in the door. It's definitely top heavy that way but no problem if you use a strap and blanket for safety and definitely remember to remove the glass first.

Thanks for that suggestion. So you removed the glass from yours? I know this is supposed to come with a suction cup thing but wasn't sure how easy it was to pry off.

EDIT: OK I see the glass is just lying flat on top and could have easily been damaged. Really glad you mentioned that now!

#94 4 years ago

Well mission accomplished getting it upstairs. I definitely feel it's harder to move than a typical pin. Have been playing it for two days and now I'm having some mechanical trouble.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Photo 1 is taken right after we heard an awful clanking metallic collision sound on the player 2 side. I powered off the machine and took this picture where you can see the paddle is now crooked and touching the ball.

I powered the game back on and it seemed to reset. Then came that same awful clanking metallic collision sound on the player 1 side. When that happened, the ball began reacting like it was attached to my paddle just before serving. (It moved left and right with my paddle like it should before hitting the orange button, but - as you can see in photo 2 - it was nowhere near my paddle anymore.)

Powered off and restarted again. Things seemed to reset. Played an 11-point game with no incident.

Then in the middle of the next game - same sound, and ball went flying into the side where it stayed. (Photo 3.) I've now shut off the game for good until I know what's happening.

This isn't mentioned as a "common problem" in the manual, so is this normal?
    1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#95 4 years ago

Waiting by for answers on this issue.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Waiting by for answers on this issue.

As are all of us nervous potential buyers.

#97 4 years ago

Never had anything like that happen with mine and I've had it for a couple of months now. Hopefully someone with a bit more experience can chime in.

#98 4 years ago

Check in with your distributor?

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Check in with your distributor?

Got it from BBO but haven't reached out to them yet. Figured UNIS might have more insight so I emailed them this morning, but I imagine I won't hear back until Tuesday at the earliest.

#100 4 years ago

8 months had it happen once but I had to pull the glass off and put them back in their magnetic spot! Nothing else other than felt side down...

There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-pong-coffee-table-club/page/2?hl=backyardace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.