(Topic ID: 302402)

Atari pins source code just leaked (no links allowed on pnsd)

By oldbaby

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by koji
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

I'm not going to link to it because it would be against the rules, but you can find it if you search. I'm assuming there's no rule against just mentioning something noteworthy that happened.

Atari arcade game source codes leaked too.

By searching the word pinball, I see Hercules, Superman, and Space Riders. Maybe there's more and those were just the three that had the word pinball in their description.

My questions are these:
I don't know much about much, is this the first time pinball source code has leaked?
The people who made ROMs for Earthshaker, Flash Gordon, Theatre of Magic, etc didn't have source code I don't think. Would source code have made it easier, and by how much? I remember hearing that the Cactus Canyon Continued person had to recreate a lot of stuff, so it sounds like Source Code would have made his life easier at the very least.

#2 7 months ago

Can you give a little more of a hint? My searches found nothing.

#3 7 months ago

https://primetimeamusements.com/source-code-for-numerous-williams-and-midway-arcade-titles-get-leaked-online/

I found this news article about Williams and Midway being leaked recently.

Searching “Atari source code leak” shows a 4chan thread about 4 days ago.

#4 7 months ago

Seems legit.. a few pinballs as the OP noted in the github links for historicalsource.

Says for educational use. Neat to see how the comments were included originally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Canaan, ME
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Displays
FlyLand Designs
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!