(Topic ID: 293033)

Atari Middle Earth help

By Jrwill13lv

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hello Pinside, I recently was given an Atari Middle Earth for free. I turn it on and all I hear is a loud sound coming out of the speaker and the back box lights up. I don’t think the pcb is working. I have checked every fuse (removed to test) on the right side of the cabinet, the power supply, and the fuse board connected on the pcb. Since the fuses are good I believe it’s the pcb, maybe the lm323 regulator or a bridge rectifier? Does this sound like a possibility? I am away for the next week but when I get back I will double check the power supply, try to test the regulator and rectifier, and test any ideas I hear hear from this. Thank you and I hope all a great weekend.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Hello Pinside, I recently was given an Atari Middle Earth for free. I turn it on and all I hear is a loud sound coming out of the speaker and the back box lights up. I don’t think the pcb is working. I have checked every fuse (removed to test) on the right side of the cabinet, the power supply, and the fuse board connected on the pcb. Since the fuses are good I believe it’s the pcb, maybe the lm323 regulator or a bridge rectifier? Does this sound like a possibility? I am away for the next week but when I get back I will double check the power supply, try to test the regulator and rectifier, and test any ideas I hear hear from this. Thank you and I hope all a great weekend.

Atari cpu has a watchdog circuit that instantly shuts down everything when one small thing does not work right.

1 week later
#4 2 years ago

Thank you all for the information. When I get a new multimeter and some extra time, I will dive into the board and report back.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-middle-earth-help- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.