Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jags
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neutrino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Jags:

I may be buying a Superman with the same problem that the coils are all not working. Everything else is supposedly OK. Can you tell me if you ever got yours working? Was it that transistor or some thing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I'm not aware of anything on those boards that can't be fixed/replaced (unlike the Gottlieb System 1 spider chips). Transistors and coils are readily available for that game, it's just a matter of tracking the issue(s) down. I think there is probably less help available out there because the production numbers were so low that not as many people have them (vs. Williams, Bally and Gottlieb) therefore troubleshooting the game will likely fall on you to pour over the schematics and test/debug it yourself (although I'm sure pinsiders will help out as much as they can). There are some pinball techs who won't even touch an Atari pin (probably because it's not worth their time), but there is nothing magical about them, it's just a different system. If you feel comfortable reading schematics and troubleshooting a pin, and the price is right, I'd say pull the trigger and pick it up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neutrino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-machine-s?tu=neutrino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.