PC180096_(resized).JPG
PC180100_(resized).JPG
PC180107_(resized).JPG
PC180103_(resized).JPG
PC180094_(resized).JPG
P8220291_(resized).JPG
h3_(resized).jpg
h2_(resized).jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

A working Atari Hercules just sold on ebay for $1825 in Michigan. The cabinet was a little beat up and the apron was missing.

ebay.com link: Atari Hercules pinball machine worlds largest pin ball game Working

It was kind of interesting to see what this one went for on the open market.

2.jpg2.jpg

1.jpg1.jpg

3.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg5.jpg

6.jpg6.jpg

7.jpg7.jpg

#2 8 years ago

if it was way over $400, it wasn't worth it. The game is a novelty, but man does it suck.

#3 8 years ago

I know it's a turd, but if I had the space and found one for $500 or less I'd jump on it. It's just so ridiculous, that it would be fun to own one.

#4 8 years ago

I wonder if the winning bidder has played one. Maybe he didn't even buy it to play and it's a collectible trophy type thing.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I know it's a turd, but if I had the space and found one for $500 or less I'd jump on it. It's just so ridiculous, that it would be fun to own one.

.....until you have to move it.

#6 8 years ago

i've had chances over the years to buy them at $400. I'm still glad I passed. Who wants to take up 2 foot prints of pins for one shitty oversized one, that's a PIA to move? No thanks. They are tough to move and the profit margin isn't worth the hassle even for $400.

#7 8 years ago

The novelty factor would be great in an arcade/gaming location. Can't imagine trying to get this into a house much less a basement gameroom, and god forbid you have to move...

#8 8 years ago

What could have possibly happen to the apron?

#9 8 years ago

Hey, you know what they say about guys with big pinball machines...

#10 8 years ago

Been offered more for mine by those guys that put on the local pinball shows as they want to put it in the lobby when people first walk in like they've done for years at Expo. Mine's not for sale though. But yeah $2K is the going price for a working one. I need some parts for mine if anybody has anything, mainly a lockdown bar and the left slingshot plastic.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#11 8 years ago

I remember back in 2006, I delivered a Hercules PLUS an extra parts that included the head, translite, boards, etc. from Ft Worth to Atlanta, GA.

The guy bought it all for $50.00 (fifty dollars).

I hope he sold it for a pretty penny. He was a good guy.

Marcus

#12 8 years ago

I don't know why it gets all the hate, it's actually pretty fun. Hitting the same shot eight times isn't that easy, either. I'd say it's at least as fun as Space Invaders and better than quite a few other late 70s game. I'd play it more often locally if it weren't a buck fifty a play.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I don't know why it gets all the hate, it's actually pretty fun. Hitting the same shot eight times isn't that easy, either. I'd say it's at least as fun as Space Invaders and better than quite a few other late 70s game. I'd play it more often locally if it weren't a buck fifty a play.

Agreed. It's a fun game (especially as a multiplayer) and the best of the pinball "novelties." Far more fun than crap like Joust.

#14 8 years ago

Somebody must have a lot bigger house than I have.

#15 8 years ago

Hi there,
I am a collector and the owner of the Budapest Pinball Museum.
http://flippermuzeum.com/en/
I missed this...
If anybody have a Hercules for sale around 2K not too far from NJ, please inform me.
Thanks,
Balázs

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Far more fun than crap like Joust.

I can't tell when you're being sarcastic.

#17 8 years ago

I wonder if Stern was to take on a challenge of making another pin even larger than Hercules for the masses just for bragging rights, I wonder what kind of sticker price it would have on it ?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from ruszip2:

I wonder if Stern was to take on a challenge of making another pin even larger than Hercules for the masses just for bragging rights, I wonder what kind of sticker price it would have on it ?

My guess would be close to Whoa Nellie pricing.

Marcus

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My guess would be close to Whoa Nellie pricing.
Marcus

I doubt that. When you have that kind of assembly line setup, creating specialized rigs and work areas for massive playfields, cabinets, and everything else is a non-trivial investment. Woah Nellie at least fit on their normal line. There's also the issue of overseas sales and how many units fit into a container, which will definitely affect prices.

4 months later
#20 8 years ago

Another one popped up on ebay. It certainly needed a cleaning. Final bid was $2247.99

ebay.com link: HERCULES PINBALL GAME MACHINE ATARI

h1_(resized).jpgh1_(resized).jpg

h2_(resized).jpgh2_(resized).jpg

h3_(resized).jpgh3_(resized).jpg

#21 8 years ago

HOLY CRAP !! So does that mean a decent working one with a new playfield glass is worth $10K before Christmas ?

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#22 8 years ago

My taste is different than most others, I actually love this game-- is has to have strong Coils throughout the game. Most I have played have had week coils which makes it a total bummer to play.

Scott
Detroit

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

HOLY CRAP !! So does that mean a decent working one with a new playfield glass is worth $10K before Christmas ?
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

No glass. Large sheet of acrylic.

#24 8 years ago

this game is terrible on so many levels. Still glad I passed. I wouldn't want one of these pieces of shit, taking up space for the past 8 years, just to unload it for a $1400 profit in todays realm. Waste of space. In fact, i'm going to add it to my list of shittest games ever made. Xfiles, SF2 and Hercules.

#25 8 years ago

Add a mattress and it's a nice kiddie bed.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it was way over $400, it wasn't worth it. The game is a novelty, but man does it suck.

Truth right there, you are the expert on man sucking.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

No glass. Large sheet of acrylic.

Yes I know, I've bought one and had it custom cut. Polycarbonate actually.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#28 8 years ago

A cool novelty. I'd have one in the $500 range but at these prices, NO. I don't want to have to move the thing.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Another one popped up on ebay. It certainly needed a cleaning. Final bid was $2247.99

I saw that one and thought about bidding on it until I realized I don't have 10 friends to help me carry it.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

his game is terrible on so many levels. Still glad I passed. I wouldn't want one of these pieces of shit, taking up space for the past 8 years, just to unload it for a $1400 profit in todays realm. Waste of space. In fact, i'm going to add it to my list of shittest games ever made. Xfiles, SF2 and Hercules.

Hercules reminds me of a fat girl I used to date in college. Seeing her the first few times was fun and different, but soon enough I realized I couldn't take her home because she took up too much space. Insert similar joke for Xfiles.

#30 8 years ago

I wonder if this is pin is a pain to move......nobody mentioned that yet...... .............Joey

#31 8 years ago

Holy crap, what would that thing even weigh?

#32 8 years ago

I would buy one of these but I am waiting for Kevin (CPR) to announce that they're reproducing the playfield!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I would buy one of these but I am waiting for Kevin (CPR) to announce that they're reproducing the playfield!

You could probably use one as a front door

#34 8 years ago

It's really not that much heavier than a normal pin. Just awkward to move because of the size. I've moved a number of them, loaded them into normal passenger vans, etc.

#35 8 years ago

I bought one back in the 90's at the Jersey auction for $150 (maybe it was a hundred) dollars. It just fit in my Grand Caravan without any issue accept the bomb bay doors wouldn't stay closed.

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I wonder if this is pin is a pain to move......nobody mentioned that yet...... .............Joey

#36 8 years ago

Me and my buddy Ken moved mine from the garage into the basement several years ago, not a big deal at all. The pictures are a little out of order but you get the idea. Took off the legs on one side and tipped it over on some boards so that we can get the legs off the other side and also so we'd be able to get our hands up underneath the game and pick it up to put it in the back of his truck on its side. Next we unloaded it onto my pinball dolly, again on its side and rolled it in the door and picked it up and placed it back on the boards and attached the two legs (a front and back leg). Next we lifted it up and then attached the two other legs. Next we carried the head in and placed it on the game and bolted it down. Pretty simple.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

P8220291_(resized).JPGP8220291_(resized).JPG

PC180094_(resized).JPGPC180094_(resized).JPG

PC180103_(resized).JPGPC180103_(resized).JPG

PC180107_(resized).JPGPC180107_(resized).JPG

PC180100_(resized).JPGPC180100_(resized).JPG

PC180096_(resized).JPGPC180096_(resized).JPG

PC180125_(resized).JPGPC180125_(resized).JPG

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Me and my buddy Ken moved mine several years ago. Not a big deal at all.

And I thought it would take Hercules himself just to move it.

#38 8 years ago

The folks over at Hershey Park in PA have a Hercules set up in their arcade just around the corner from SooperDooperLooper rollercoaster. It always has an out of order sign on it though.

#39 8 years ago

We have one every year at the NW Pinball an Arcade Show. I believe that the show committee just bought it this year to add to the permanent collection. I do not know if it was a standard feature but the one here has a pull chain light in the bottom of the cab so that you can see when you are working in the bomb bay.

#40 8 years ago

That's a standard light in the bottom of all Hercules. 110 volt.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#41 8 years ago

Canobie lake amusement park in NH had one set up to play a long time ago. Fun game!

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

We have one every year at the NW Pinball an Arcade Show. I believe that the show committee just bought it this year to add to the permanent collection. I do not know if it was a standard feature but the one here has a pull chain light in the bottom of the cab so that you can see when you are working in the bomb bay.

A bomb bay? So you can basically work on these things like getting under a car? Fascinating...

That leads me to another question--does the playfield lift up, or are you restricted to working on it through the bomb bay doors?

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That leads me to another question--does the playfield lift up, or are you restricting to working on it through the bomb bay doors?

You access it from underneath like a car. There are two side hinged plywood doors that open up like bomb bay doors. The backbox opens like a mostly normal backbox.

#44 8 years ago

The playfield does not lift up unfortunately. All work is done laying on your back through the bomb bay doors. Obviously sliding the playfield glass off is how you get to the top of the playfield. I also have a spare playfield that I've owned for years.

John P Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI
269-979-3836

Hercules_playfield_full_shot_(resized).jpgHercules_playfield_full_shot_(resized).jpg

#45 8 years ago

I'm sure the seller was thinking '$500 for the game and $1,325 to help move it'.

#46 8 years ago

This thread needs haiku's

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Bizzenya:

I'm sure the seller was thinking '$500 for the game and $1,325 to help move it'.

that's what i'd be thinking. $500 would be a gift.

#48 8 years ago

Todd's got a great video on herc..............Joey

#49 8 years ago

I am not joking, if someone told me they would give me $500 to just take the machine for free, I'd still decline.

Played one at the Arcade Expo. It's not a game you are playing, it feels like a chore.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

...give me $500 to just take the machine for free,...

I don't understand what that means It has been a very thirst quenching evening/night though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-hercules-just-sold-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.