(Topic ID: 208771)

Atari Dragster cheating player to lose decades-old Guinness World Rec.

By c508

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1997 (resized).JPG
IMG_1996 (resized).JPG
IMG_1995 (resized).JPG
c29d06eadc6e74520e7a6d7ad315e51a--fat-women-motor-scooters (resized).jpg
C45EA6D6-900A-491C-BB45-ECC53B29109F (resized).jpeg
activisions_volume5_05 (resized).jpg
nofdokfelhpswwmlwiv5 (resized).png
dragster (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

I got a 5.49. I have photoshops to prove it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

there has been a huge witch hunt for classic gamers of this era for a while now. Whats sad is that anyone who has seen these folks play in person at live events or for fun agree the skills are undeniable. I think he represented himself extremely well in that response and made all joe shmo's look like fools for attacking him, his family or friends. After many of these so called cheaters have been outed ive noticed the same thing over and over, the accusers are jealously trying to make a name for themselves. And to that I say good luck but id bet on the other guy.
Thanks
Blake

It's clear the Todd guy was a huge fraud, though. Terrible cheater.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Being a cheater and a fraud does not imply you are not the best at what you do. If that was true we would have to change the record books in every sport and achievements in every field. Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong, and the New England Patriots are all known cheaters and frauds. Does that mean they were not the best at what they do?
Thanks
Blake

Lance Armstrong was stripped of his wins. He was only the best because he cheated. Bonds was good without cheating, but he became better because he cheated. There is a reason it's called cheating.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Now I think that's more then stretching saying he has no accomplishments in his field.
Thanks
Blake

Blake, his clearly made up scores on games don't tell you anything at all? 15,000,000 on Donkey Kong? Games with scores divisible by 50, ending in a 90... It makes it seem like he didn't even know what a high score would look like. Like he never even played the games he was entering BS high scores into.

You can't trust anything he's done. It's all suspect.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

Was Lance an OK bike rider? Or did he have something most of us including his peers (who were and still are also cheating, verified dozens if not hundreds of times) did not and do not have? No mention of the Patriots? Big fan maybe?
Thanks
Blake

He was a cheater. He should have done it without cheating. The patriots are cheaters too. They may have done it without getting caught most of the time. I don't know.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

That's the best statement that's been made in this entire thread. "He should have don't it without cheating." And I think if he was an average player we would not make that statement knowing that it was preposterous.
Thanks
Blake

You've lost me with this. I have no idea what it means.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Finally something more dorky than Pinball. I have no idea whom any of these geeks are but this shit is great guys, keep it coming.

I never heard of this guy before I saw this thread.. But.. Holy hell, he's a cheating fool....

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

the typo I made didn't help. what I said was the fact that we think he should have done it without cheating implies he has a reasonable skill level to accomplish such tasks. If people truly believe he has no skill at the dozens of games he's had or made record attempts on then we would laugh at the thought of his ability to accomplish anything relevant in regards to high scores. If that's true then some of us are commenting on subjects we know nothing about.
Thanks
Blake

I believe he probably has great skills. It's irrelevant. If he cheated on one of his results, he's suspect on all of the rest. And he cheated on more than one.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

That's all I was searching for. To see if someone truly thought he had skill or if that was a fraud too. Irrelevant to claiming records sure ill agree to that. Certainly hurts his claim to any of them.
Thanks
Blake

The difference between Todd and Lance is, when Lance got caught and it was undeniable, he admitted it. He never apologized for all the people he destroyed along the way, but at least he admitted it. That would be a good first step for Todd.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Cant he just fire up the ol' 2600 and burn off a 5.51 in front of witnesses?

Nope.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Aw man the floodgates are gonna open on 30 years ago gaming cheaters! Its the gaming equivalent of the sexual harassment scandals all coming out. #metoocheat

I'd like to put it out there before anyone else does it for me. Back in 1980, when I was 13, I abused myself nearly daily. I didn't submit fake scores, though......

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-dragster-cheating-player-to-lose-decades-old-guinness-world-rec?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.