5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by StratDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StratDoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have been restoring an Atari Space Riders for the past several months. Today I started the machine and everything works except for a display issue.

Game goes into attract mode. I can add credits. The two digit credit display works fine. The player display has the following issues:

Player 1 displays all 0s and "player 1 up" does not light;
Player 2 displays 8s and "player 2 up" lights but stays continually lit;
Players 3 and 4 display 8s and the "player 3 up" and "player 4 up" rotate as they should.

When starting a 4 player game, players 1 and 2 displays do not register points. Players 3 and 4 operate as they should.

Thank.

#2 5 years ago

Update, I got players 2-4 working properly. Player 1 still shows all 0s. I know the MPU board is working properly so that leaves the display board or display as the issue. After digging around on online I think it could be one of two things. Either the encoder chip - C5 is bad, or the connections to the glass are bad. I tried pressing down on the connections with the head of an eraser to see if that changed the player one output at all. Does it seem reasonable to conclude that it is in the encoder?

Removing the glass display looks like a real bear and the previous own used silicon on the clips so removing it will be challenge without damage.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StratDoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-display-almost-restored?tu=StratDoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.