Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have found a great looking Space Riders at an excellent price. the pin powers up, lights come on, coils check, and it makes sounds - don't know if it is the right sounds - but it will not start a game. I have never worked on an Atari so don't really know what I am getting in to or what to look for on the PCBs. I am guessing most board component parts are available? The schematics are available on the internet pinball database.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#3 5 years ago

Yes and no. Each time it turns on and off it does something a little different. The displays come on - all look good except for the third which has the last two digits out. Ball in play lights 00 and credits does not light. All bonus feature lights come on most of the time when turned on, off and then back on.

#5 5 years ago

I don't have the machine yet, still contemplating buying it. I have never restored an Atari and there isn't much information out there on them and no after market boards, etc. My concern is I will not be able to get it going.

#11 5 years ago

Thank you for the good advice. This is what I love about pinside!

Asking $600 but is literally in pristine condition. The BG is perfect - no flaking, chips, cracking, etc. The playfield shows almost no wear. Cabinet is a little banged up but that doesn't bother me.

I may take the plunge. An Atari would be a nice addition to the other early SS pins in the collection.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stratdoc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/atari-advice-needed?tu=stratdoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.