• 147 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DaveH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Simple question or maybe not?

#4 8 years ago

Man, what a bummer game.

I'd give $2k for one, but that's even on the high end for what I'd value it at.

#5 8 years ago

#6 8 years ago

Theme, code unknowns, and my limited play time on the game would put me in at about 3G for an LE. Something different for the collection, priced somewhere between a nice JD and a POTC.

#7 8 years ago

The LE is still a unique game. I'm hopeful the code gets completed and feel the game may bottom around $6k as it is limited

#8 8 years ago

3k tops

#9 8 years ago

I'd take one for free, just so I could flip it for whatever cash I could get out of it for a better game. But if the stipulation was that I could have it for free, but had to keep it for a year I'd pass. Easily the least appealing game Stern has made since their post 2009 comeback.

#10 8 years ago

Never seen one in Person, on Theme alone it would not rank high in my house. So, a low value to me.

#11 8 years ago

$1

#12 8 years ago

Not interested so I won't type a silly number. I tried it a TPF and it just didn't hold my attention.

#13 8 years ago

I prefer the pro for today's wrestling roster. But I would buy a LE for $5,000 delivered.

#14 8 years ago

I would buy at $250 and double my money selling to NathanP

Seriously, though it isn't the worst game Stern has made, TRS and BBH haven't been unmade

#16 8 years ago

Lots of parts you can pull out of it to use on your other Stern's at least so worth at least a few hundred!

#17 8 years ago

There's already one for sale cheaper than that here...20 plays or something

Quoted from hank527:

The LE is still a unique game. I'm hopeful the code gets completed and feel the game may bottom around $6k as it is limited

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I would buy at $250 and double my money selling to NathanP
Seriously, though it isn't the worst game Stern has made, TRS and BBH haven't been unmade

BBH is awesome. I'd put that above plenty of other Sterns, including Xmen. Great game with great rules and interesting shots/toys/mechs with multiple ways to play.

#20 8 years ago

4500-5000 , ask the hulk , he took the same bus ride

#21 8 years ago

We all know that if someone put a WWE LE for sale on here at $3,000, there would be 100s of pinsiders tripping over each other trying to buy it to play and flip. I mean people even buy TF LE in the $3,000-$4,000 range.

However, there is a good point here - not many people generally do not want the WM machine as a keeper in their collection. Therefore the only way it will hold value is through rarity. I don't know how many have been made but it doesn't seem like much.

I want a pro but I'm not paying the NIB price as it would probably drop $1,500 in value as soon as it was opened. That being said I have not seen a pro for sale under $4,500. Of course they don't sell and there is a difference between listing a game and selling a game. I just hope some NIB ones end up at auction like the Dale Jrs of years ago.

#22 8 years ago

It will be interesting to see if WM LE ends up in Hulk or TF territory. I think more of us bought Hulk though.

#23 8 years ago

2K?

Haven't played it, but I would blindly buy one for that price. Reputation has obviously preceded it in terms of its stunning playability. I still hope for the best, it may wow me, who knows.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

We all know that if someone put a WWE LE for sale on here at $3,000, there would be 100s of pinsiders tripping over each other trying to buy it to play and flip. I mean people even buy TF LE in the $3,000-$4,000 range.
However, there is a good point here - not many people generally do not want the WM machine as a keeper in their collection. Therefore the only way it will hold value is through rarity. I don't know how many have been made but it doesn't seem like much.
I want a pro but I'm not paying the NIB price as it would probably drop $1,500 in value as soon as it was opened. That being said I have not seen a pro for sale under $4,500. Of course they don't sell and there is a difference between listing a game and selling a game. I just hope some NIB ones end up at auction like the Dale Jrs of years ago.

Which pin is WM?

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

LE doesn't really mean squat. If the game was a shit seller, there could be less premiums and pros than there are LE's. People are starting to get out of the mindset that LE holds value more than the others. There are plenty of LE games out there that barely get 4k.

#26 8 years ago

Without having played one yet... $2500 and I'm a huge WWE fan. That is assuming I'm buying it to play/keep/look at oiled up old guys, not buying it to flip. Would've ordered one day one if it looked like a winner to me.

On the plus side hopefully in a few years I can get a cheapish Pro.

#27 8 years ago

The game sucks... I don't know how else to put it and I love all pinball.

#28 8 years ago

I really wanted to love WWE. But it just does nothing for me.

If I were offered a WWE LE for $5K, I am not sure I would pull the trigger because while the cabinet has old school wrestlers, the code still showcases the newer guys.

I have played it during weekly tournaments for the past 6 weeks, and I am not sure I would buy a pro for $3K.

And like others here, I love all style of pinball.

If the rules get an update, then I will reconsider. But as they stand now, I'm not a fan.

Marcus

#29 8 years ago

I almost bought one

Backed out because Stern had way too many unfinished games @ the time.

I suspected it would sell poorly & be abandoned code wise as well.

Plus if Stern can't finish shit on a familiar platform how could they finish games on a new platform?

Glad I backed out. Game may never be completed & the freaking autograph rubs off the game!!!

Wanted a WWE so F'n bad tho!

I won't buy one to keep at any price if code is unfinished.

#30 8 years ago

This is just bad all the way around...cant see ever owning one after playing Pro.
I was stoked to see an le and hear all of the "old guys" call out etc.
Bummer now that I hear its not really in there.
Hoping this one doesnt become another NBA - forgotten quickly.

Seems Mustang and TWD are getting traction with each new release .

I have five friends buying right now NIB.
3 TWD prem
1 Metallica
1 Mustang LE

Another bought a Kiss pro. Seems people are holding there money or going with proven machines right now.

#31 8 years ago

I can't name a price as I'm not a big wrestling fan. The upper playfield just feels like a chore with how often the ball makes it up there and hitting the targets seems based on luck rather then skill. A full orbit shot from the far left and right shots with a control gate to dump the ball off into the mini playfield would have helped the tremendously. A control gate would have made entering the mini playfield something to be earned rather then happening every time the far left / right shots are hit. The frequency of the ball going into the mini playfield is what makes it feel like a chore in my opinion.

Personally I would have put the mini playfield under the main playfield like on ACDC and allowed for more flow on the top side of the game.

More code will help improve the game. I wonder if Stern will make the LCD interact with the gameplay / rules rather then only cycling through video clips?

#32 8 years ago

I'd pay a couple of grand...........for you to keep it

#33 8 years ago

300 bucks for parts

#34 8 years ago

I played WWE yesterday at the Kiss launch party and almost left without finishing my game.

I love pinball, which means every new game is fun for me usually. But this is definitely a turd. Wow, so boring and I dont even care whatever code they will write for it, the ring sucks, it is how i see it.

Now Kiss has a fun layout. Beautiful game. This has lot's of potential. WWE meh.. i wish i'll never play this game again.

EDIT: i would not pay a dime for that game unless i can make a buck reselling it And i hate resellers... lol, enough said.

EDIT 2: BBH is 10x better than WWE. I actually love playing that game.

#35 8 years ago

I played it.

My thoughts: WWE plus another $1500 cash on top will get me a High Roller.

#36 8 years ago

$1000 by Christmas!

#37 8 years ago

#38 8 years ago

#39 8 years ago

Not much right now. I played the LE at SFGE and I thought it was pretty bad. Stern needs to step up and rescue this game as well as the distributors that they force to buy them to keep their LE allotments.

I am hopeful they will. We'll see.

#40 8 years ago

For 5000k you could probably buy Stern itself

Seriously though, I would love to know WTF they were thinking when they greenlit this game.

I grew up in rural Wisconsin I know rednecks very well. They only machine they put money into at bars is Cherry Master, and they're not going to buy a pinball machine that costs more than their trailer house.

#41 8 years ago

Zero dollars

#42 8 years ago

If Stern can take the risk making WWE they should heavily considering making a Back To The Future and Ghostbusters machine. Both of those would sell 10x better then WWE if designed well.

#43 8 years ago

The theme is one of the least appealing to me that I can imagine. I played it at TPF and strongly disliked it. I would not have it in my home. Not interested in it any price, unless it was to immediately resell unopened at a profit.

#44 8 years ago

$1,000 - $2,000, and I probably wouldn't keep it for very long at that.

#45 8 years ago

Man this thread is depressing

#47 8 years ago

I wanted to love that game but simply could not.
Not buying.

#48 8 years ago

Got to play the pro the other day based on that I would go 5K for an LE on theme alone. Just cannot believe Stern didn't/couldn't get WWE to push it at Wrestle-mania or even Raw? At least TWD got a 3 second spot on the new season of TWD.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd take one for free, just so I could flip it for whatever cash I could get out of it for a better game. But if the stipulation was that I could have it for free, but had to keep it for a year I'd pass. Easily the least appealing game Stern has made since their post 2009 comeback.

I am with you, I would take it for free and sell it - but if I had to keep it I wouldn't want it.

#50 8 years ago

I have changed my mind. I now would trade 3 good women and 2 great men for an LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/at-what-price-would-you-buy-a-wwe-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.