(Topic ID: 82306)

At risk to damage playfield with unlevel basement floor?

By Kmolo

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I have a mountain basement floor that is pretty unlevel. I'm wondering if it's possible to damage a playfield after I level a game. One of my machines was extremely unlevel when I brought it home and after leveling I noticed the glass is much tighter and the playfield has a squeak to it when I slide it in and out of the cabinet. Is this the result of the cabinet bending off square? The right front and back levelers required a bit of raising over the left side. Any suggestions to keep my machine level without damaging it in this situation?

#2 10 years ago

That's what the leveling feet do; make all games level, no matter how unlevel the floor is.

#3 10 years ago

I would think that if you adjust the levelers so they are all carrying the same weight then you should be fine but if they are not adjusted and the cab is twisting then things will not line up and things will rub etc. I don't know about damage though.

#4 10 years ago

Try and level the cabinet first (left to right). Then work on leveling the playfield. Ensure you use both front and back legs about equally to level the playfield L-R or you will end up putting torque stress on the cabinet.

#5 10 years ago

Also possible you have the wrong length of leg leveler on it for such an uneven floor.

good suggestions above.

#6 10 years ago

Sounds like the cabinet may be racked a little.
    Put a square on it and check the corners.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/at-risk-to-damage-playfield-with-unlevel-basement-floor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.