Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Slate
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 11 years ago

Everyone gave great advice and its tough to choose.

Me personally all the machines I have purchased I wanted and researched and one day I plan to have a big big room to put all of them in. I needed some cash a while ago but could not take myself to sell them. IF I had a machine I bought and not fixed up I may sell that but

1 - All the machines I have put a lot of work into and to get your money back is tough.
    2 - Pins are on the rise so if you sell key titles and want them back you will have to pay much more and may get less.
    3 - How much enjoyment do pins bring you. To me I love looking at them even when I am not playing them, I like working on them and of course playing them.

Sometimes weeks will go by before I play any but like all hobbies you take a break.

I do not know your situation but I would only sell pins you do not care for OR are b to c list games your not super crazy about.

For example I have a Taxi and it was one of my first pins and I rarely play it, when I hear the tune and see it, it brings great memories of why I got into pins.

Good luck on what you decided. Remember you can ALWAYS make more money, finances are always a timing thing for the most part.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/at-a-crossroads-thinking-of-shrinking?tu=slate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.