Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Slate
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 11 years ago

I went through this about 3 years ago, due to a change in personal circumstances. Lost most of my collection, not by choice, and was away from any involvement with pinball for almost 2 years. Yes the prices increased dramatically during that time, but by still being diligent and patient, I've built a modest collection back up including a really rare pin in Mystery Castle in the past year and a half. I don't let pinball engulf my life anymore (although I'm on pinside more than I probably should be), and I balance pinball with other interests and more importantly with family and friends. If it was a choice between pinball and a better lifestyle for my family, the choice would be easy.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from examiner:

Mortgage and car debt ok. Sell something, get rid of the credit card debt and go from there.

Car debt is not okay...you dont want to finance any asset that has such huge depreciation. Homes have historically appreciated at a rate that mitigates finance costs. Cars
    lmost never do unless you buy used classics. Its not as bad as cc debt but its a bad decision to finance an auto unless you have no alternative.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/at-a-crossroads-thinking-of-shrinking?tu=robertmee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.