(Topic ID: 273908)

Asteroid Annie NOS Playfield - whats it worth?

By iwantansi

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by cybercid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

kruzman did his magic on it and clear coated this beauty over 5 years ago - ive got it and a game for it to go in to that i havent touched... contemplating selling

Pics here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pics-of-a-rare-pf

I'm sorta testing the waters... but just dont know if i want to keep it at this point or sell it.. so what does everyone think the playfield alone is worth? with a complete game(not with the new PF installed)?

#2 3 years ago

I have seen most Kruzman playfields sell at $1600+. Now think of it's rarity, maybe let Ebay be the judge unless someone puts out a sweet offer.
-Mike

#3 3 years ago

One thing to remember on getting a older nos pf cleared, its more expensive than getting a repro done. All of the inserts got painted, and I think I glued all of them also, so that is an additional 300$ right there in the calculations. I dont charge for it but there is about 4 more coats also from leveling it.
Now that titles as obscure as spirit, and stargazer are being reproduced with the help of digital printing, some of the nos pfs I bought as an investment are devalued when they make a repro. What happens is it shrinks the pool of buyers, down to people that would rather restore a game that age with a nos pf. Its different strokes for different pinheads.
If you are not going to use it in the future I would sell.
In my experience it takes a while to sell a pf if the title is less than say 1000 games. For the most part, pfs sell when a game changes hands. At that point the new buyer is energized to restore it, for the most part.
One thing about the idea that everything you put on the net stays there forever, is I will get a call on a pf I put up for sale years ago to see if I still have it. That does happen.

If I could afford it I would buy it in a second. I prefer NOS and I have always loved this title, and I have only seen 2 of the pfs new or used. If the poster does sell, Someone is getting a super nice, rare pf. I am trying to match it to one of the other things I like to collect. Maybe a Marantz 4270 Quad reciever, or a 69 vette with matching numbers big block. Both examples have modern versions that perform better, but people in the collector world know how rare and sweet it is

All a bunch of useless coffee fueled opinion. Take if for what it is worth.
If you decide to sell please let me know so we can put it on my ongoing thread. There are about 50 pf people who keep an eye on it

#4 3 years ago

I guess a better question here is, "OP, what do YOU think it's worth?"

1 month later
#5 3 years ago

I'd be interested in purchasing this. Let me know if you do sell it.

1 year later
1 year later
#7 9 months ago

I am also curious did you dell your playfield? I would have an interest mine is not that bad but not perfect!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/asteroid-annie-nos-playfield-whats-it-worth?hl=athena and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.