IMG_0704.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_0700.jpg
IMG_0700.jpg
IMG_0699.jpg
IMG_0697.jpg
IMG_0694.jpg
IMG_0693.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I have a NOS glass and would be willing to scan it so it could be reproduced. I have already asked Shay and he declined.

The art likely isnt the issue. He would likely never break even on the costs to repro it. This is a sad fact with all low production games, we will likely never see a playfield or backglass reproduced for this game.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

BGresto would be the way to go, I would take one of these just for wall art, I think it is one of the best backglasses ever.

I also have one from BGresto.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

An Asteroid Annie?

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I have a NOS glass and would be willing to scan it so it could be reproduced. I have already asked Shay and he declined.

I can make them in plexi! Yes....scan away...scan away...

I made a couple for Creature!

IMG_3577_(resized).JPGIMG_3577_(resized).JPG

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

An Asteroid Annie?

Yes

#57 7 years ago

Here's the other one....

pinball_backglass_test_2A_72_(resized).jpgpinball_backglass_test_2A_72_(resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Did you try Ron Webb?

#59 7 years ago

I'd be interested in a minty bg.......

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I'd be interested in a minty bg.......

I'd be interested also.

Who on here got that backglass for $800++ from that backglass haul guy?

#61 7 years ago

wasn't me.......

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

BGresto already has this BG available for repro sale.

http://bgresto.com/pics/gtb_asteroidannie2s.jpg

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

BGresto already has this Bg available for repro sale.
http://bgresto.com/pics/gtb_asteroidannie2s.jpg

Thanks had no idea. Birthday wish list just got filled up

#64 7 years ago

The BGResto glass is the one pictured in my last post on the last page, they did an exceptional job on it. The only trouble I had was that the metal bracket on the bottom of my old glass would not fit on the new one, it was too thick. But that was only really to help taking it in and out, I have some industrial suction cups that I can use for that purpose.

The new glass is constructed differently, it's actually two pieces of glass with the print in the middle, sealed at the edges. I can't imagine this is going to degrade at all in my lifetime, certainly nowhere near as much as the original translite would. I'm very happy with the purchase, but now I need to figure out what to do with the old damaged one. I'd love to use it as wall art but it's pretty rough.

#65 7 years ago

Hey I had same problem on my James Bond backglass from them, I ordered a longer bally version and cut it down to size it worked fine.

#66 7 years ago

Thanks for the tip tasskinne, I'll give that a shot.

Here is a shot of the backglass lit up in the dark. I am a little disappointed how dark the lettering is, but I think I can fix that with some higher brightness LED's and a makeshift light cage.

IMG_1090_(resized).jpgIMG_1090_(resized).jpg

Well, this guide isn't quite applicable to my situation but a comment in the thread did point me in the right direction - looks like there are two different ring/rod lengths and the longer one, which I need, is hard to find. I might just try cleaning up the old ones as best as possible and then rebuilt them. Or I guess I could try lengthening them myself.

#67 7 years ago

PBR has the correct length ring/rods. The BG resto glass are all like that. The biggest weakness IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/asteroid-annie-and-the-aliens-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.