Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ScottoKong
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

First time poster. Glad to be a member of this community.

Wanted to get some info on this machine. Looking to purchase my first pin. This one came up for sale locally. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it's close to where I live, and pins don't come up for sale that often in my neck of the woods (Ontario Canada, not even close any major cities either). Haven't been able to find too much info on this machine other than only a couple hundred were made. Seller says it will need some TLC to function "properly". I'm not exactly sure what he means yet, but I intend to find out. Asking $600. I'm definitely not interested in it at that price, but I was thinking closer to $200 considering it isn't working "properly" might be more reasonable. Set me straight if I'm wrong. Any advice on this machine as a first pin and bit of a learning project would be great. I don't have any experience working on things like this, but I've never really had a hard time learning new things. Might go check it out this weekend, if I do I'll try to take some pictures.

Thanks,
Ben

#2 11 years ago

If you can get it for $200, you'll be close to happy. Then $400 in new boards or anything else it needs, and you'll be happy.

It is the last single player pinball machine Gottlieb built. If playfield and glass is nice go for it.

Study up to on Gottlieb pins, maintaining them isn't for the faint hearted.

Welcome to posting and hope the game works out great for you,
LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Never heard of the game. It is rare, as only 210 were made. Here's an IPDB link to more info. The 2012 Mr. Pinball guide lists the value at $850. That's for a working good condition game. Good luck, and keep us posted on wether you get it or not. If you do, post some pics.

I would pick it up just for the rarety of the game, if it were in decent shape, depending on what it needs. I wouldn't pay $600 either, unless it was in great shape.

Bill

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=98

#4 11 years ago

Welcome to pinside. That pin is a blast to play, but as LTG says, Gottliebs can be fickle and not for everyone but they are worth it in my opinion.

#5 11 years ago

That pin is the holy grail for any system 1 collector Just but it

#6 11 years ago

I've been doing lots of reading on the ins and outs of these system 1 gottliebs on pinballrepair.com. Seems to me like they are kind of quirky machines. If it's in good looking shape I might jump on it. Any more opinions on what it's worth will be greatly appreciated.

#7 11 years ago

Gottlieb were well into their System 80 games at the time this was done, and unusually decided to make this single player System 1 game. There are a few stories as to why, but a former Gottlieb employee stated once that it was simply to use up the excess System 1 boards that were in stock.

Gameplay is very good, close to that of Joker Poker in my opinion. Strategy is to light the four top card suite rollovers, and then take down the two sets of five drop targets to lights all the cards on the playfield for the special. Simple, addictive gameplay, and a sweet game for people who like the classic drop target games.

#8 11 years ago

If you can get it for 200 and its in reasonable shape, its a major score! Only 211 ever made. I recently got one and it will remain in my collection for a long time.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Only 211 ever made

I have ever been curious about this figures - Yes i know that this count comes from ipdb.

Who knows the exact count done - do you think only 211 machines were made ?
And sometimes the serial number exceeds the known count - How is it possible ?

But i agree , "major score" : Yes. - Congrats

#10 11 years ago

Saw 1 listed on Aussie eBay today. Sure it was around $2k

Scotto

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/asteroid-annie-and-the-aliens-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.