• Latest reply 7 years ago by mrgone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160918_154334 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

My attempts to get a Lethal Weapon 3 100% working have hit a snag.

500-5142-00500-5142-00

As you can see, the cheap plastic mount is cracked in two and the metal activator arm is gone. Should be simple to replace, but I can't find this part in stock on this continent. It appears that I could get it for like $35+ from Australia or Europe, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where such an item could be found for a reasonable fee or a way to rig a common interchangeable part in it's place?

The item in question is Switch 54 on Lethal Weapon and goes by the part number 500-5142-00.

#2 7 years ago

The switch appears to be a standard Cherry DA3 switch, so you can find those at a variety of places (like pinballlife). Perhaps its the piece the switch mounts to that is your problem?

#3 7 years ago

If necessary, the mount can probably be glued back together. Having any clue how to pick a perfectly compatible switch from the universe of roll over switches is something beyond my current skill.

If it can be replaced with that generic part, that should be all I need.

#5 7 years ago

I saw that one, but it was a different model number and shape. I had concerns about it's compatibility.

It's worth a try.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I saw that one, but it was a different model number and shape. I had concerns about it's compatibility.

It's worth a try.

Use the new bracket and old switch.

Or look through all of Pinball Life's micro mini switches and pick one you like and stick it on the new bracket from the above link.

LTG : )

#7 7 years ago

You can always reshape the wire actuater to match the other switches.

#8 7 years ago

You can get the mount separately from PBR.

Listed as "Microswitch Mounting Bracket/Holder"

http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

#9 7 years ago

I had a similar issue with a whirlwind. I ended up finding a similar switch at frys and it worked fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/assistance-needed-to-replace-a-difficult-to-find-de-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.