(Topic ID: 58118)

Aside from Pins and Vids, what do you have in your game room?

By RDReynolds

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1672.JPG
    IMG_3643.JPG
    IMG_3642.JPG
    IMAG4021.jpg
    IMG_5995.jpg
    IMG_6038.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_4504.jpg
    IMG_4491.jpg
    IMG_4489.jpg
    Poker_Table_#2.JPG
    Poker_Table_#1.JPG
    gameroom.JPG
    else-baptismal.jpg
    else-lights.jpg
    else2-video.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Have five pins and a Pac-Man cabaret in my game room...looking for something else small to put in there. What do y'all have that don't fall into those categories?

#2 10 years ago

Juke box and a kegerator...

#3 10 years ago

slot machine and video poker machine

#4 10 years ago

i have a pachislo slot machine. small and there are some cool titles.

#5 10 years ago

I have a 3 compartment candy machine filled with runts and reese pieces.

#6 10 years ago

High end racing simulator. Custom StL Cardinals crokinole board.

#7 10 years ago

Beer fridge!

Old fridge pic; I've upgraded slightly.

100_9686.JPG100_9686.JPG

#8 10 years ago

Kegerator, beer fridge, bar, amps, guitars, cds, re-loading supplies. I'll take a picture when I clean it up a little. Its a pretty manly space.

#9 10 years ago

Shuffle Alley, Skeeball Machine, Jukebox, and Slugfest Baseball. Funny thing is none of that stuff gets played much until we have guest over then all those machines get played more than the pinball machines.

From my experience there isn't a "wrong item" to have in your gameroom but personally I avoid Pool Table and Air Hockey Table because of pinball space they would take away but that is just me. Also flying pool balls just don't seem like a good idea around pins with nice backglasses so hard to find!

Our Shuffle Alley & Skeeball Machine are away from our pinball machines again thinking about stray flying object and backglasses we love.

I almost added an EM gun game but decided to sell it before moving it into the basement. If anyone has ever moved one they will understand why and if not please realize those things are big and heavy if you need to move them with steps involved. Hands down that hardest thing I have ever moved!

#10 10 years ago

DoubleHead gumball machine and a turntable, I also have a crokinole board that was professionally built

#11 10 years ago

My whole house is a gameroom, pretty much.
    Living/dining rooms divided by an arch has 13 pinball machines, a dining room table, and a cocktail multicade. I have a tabletop Merit Pitboss with 9 games on the bar. Living room (multimedia room) has a jukebox loaded with 45's. Master bedroom, currently houses two project pinball machines and one spare bedroom houses 3 pinball machines. Garage houses 5 working and several project pinball machines.

#12 10 years ago

Megatouch, shuffle bowler, jager machine, big screen tv...

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My whole house is a gameroom, pretty much.
    Living/dining rooms divided by an arch has 13 pinball machines, a dining room table, and a cocktail multicade. Living room (multimedia room) has a jukebox loaded with 45's. Master bedroom, currently houses two project pinball machines and one spare bedroom houses 3 pinball machines. Garage houses 5 working and several project pinball machines.

Ditto minus juke box. My juke box's are in Taverns and local bars. The rest of my home is a fricking pinball haven.

#14 10 years ago

18 foot ball bowling alley from the early 60's, Skee ball, Pachislo, and a Mp3 converted NSM Jukebox! In my opinion having a pool table is a must so I also have a 7 foot slate table that gets played on a regular basis! Having games like billiards, fooseball, darts, and bowling are so much more social when you have people over and are always a hit with friends. They do take up space but the skills involved and variety make it hard for me to get rid of it. Pinball gets played more by me when I am alone but it is great to have variety! I love pinball but there are plenty of other kinds of entertainment and games that should not be overlooked. Having a long list of pinball machines is great but there should always be several alternatives if you have the room. Most other types of games are cheaper too! Good luck!

#15 10 years ago

A black fuzzy couch with the legs off of it so it sits real low to the ground.

#16 10 years ago

Another game I used to have was a 14 foot shuffleboard table. That's a great choice if you have the room and can find one for a reasonable price!

#17 10 years ago

Super Chexx, and EM gun games.

#18 10 years ago

yes!!! Super chexx is a great idea! That's next on my list of non pinball games.

Quoted from blimpey:Super Chexx, and EM gun games.

#19 10 years ago

Video poker, Pachinko, Board game closet, Hyperpin, Multicade pedestal.

Couple feet away is the backyard movie screen, pool and hot tub.

Maybe get the tiki bar built next year. =)

#20 10 years ago

Other than pins I have:

Pachislo slot, the kids love it
    Ice Cold Beer by Taito
    Rockola Sybaris juke full of 70's and 80's hits
    Sonic slush machine
    Dart board cabinet

When I finally get a bigger game room, I have a Bally nickel slot, restaurant booth, nacho cheese machine like you find in a convenience store, popcorn machine, small sofa, pitch and bat, and a hand made porcelain checkers set with an oak and walnut board, and pool table. There might be more that I don't remember at the moment.

Jsson

#21 10 years ago

Pool table, dart board, pachinko, flat screen with video players, bar, bar-top games (HiQ, rubix, etc), refrigerator, 2 chairs (for kids to stand on when playing). While playing pins and watching bad baseball my lifetime best friend suggested that maybe the pool table should go to make way for more "games". Any thoughts?

#22 10 years ago

Berzerk cocktail and a Megatouch Crown edition to compliment my TZ.

#23 10 years ago

megatouch, dart board, couch, jingle jugs and some funny signs

#24 10 years ago

Light sockets, bulbs, power sockets, light switches, chairs and a Jackson Pollock stain/masterpiece ..., TV & home theatre kit, ICT media and comms kit, one time had stacked 10x 2821 routers, 2x 3650 and 3x 3750 switches a 4511 router/terminal server, a wireless PC sitting on top for remote access and cabling strewn everywhere kept the room toasty warm I can tell ya oh and a full size snooker table. Only have one pin currently though

@unionrunner - keep the pool table dude, variety.....

Mark.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from unionrunner:

Pool table, dart board, pachinko, flat screen with video players, bar, bar-top games (HiQ, rubix, etc), refrigerator, 2 chairs (for kids to stand on when playing). While playing pins and watching bad baseball my lifetime best friend suggested that maybe the pool table should go to make way for more "games". Any thoughts?

Ditch the pool table 100%

#26 10 years ago

An aztec tomb. Great to hide in unless you're hiding from dogs.

#27 10 years ago

I had an 8ft. Pool table--gave it away. Foosball--folded up, now in the laundry room. Dart board still on the wall ---but pins in front of it. Pretty much everything is gone except for the pins. Trying to rearrange them to add a couple of more. What a sickness. )

#28 10 years ago

Megatouch, pool table, poker table, lots of pinball art, and a wall with items signed by "celebrities". I need to work on filling that up though

Chris

#29 10 years ago

We've experimented so far without finding something satisfactory. The space isn't all that big, but we had a multicade down there. It looked awesome but we hardly ever played it, so we sold it to a friend. Next came an Iron Chef Pachinko machine (from a friend) and at first the kids LOVED it, but that wore off and it sat there not being played so it went to the garage.

We have a small table with some Sideshow Weta Lord of the Rings sculptures, and mostly I've focused so far on dressing up the walls with cool stuff, but I can't seem to find something that's a good fit to complement pinball. I would love to see a Ms. Pac-Man cocktail table down there, but I fear that we would yet again ignore it.

What can compare to pinball?

#30 10 years ago

Skeeball, United "Bowling Alley" ball bowler, Rockola Legend CD juke, pool table, Super Chexx, Vendo Coke machine filled with beer and a EM driving game Allied Leisure Spin Out.

#31 10 years ago

Last year I picked up a 1905 Brunswick pool table. The owner also included a 12 cue rack from 1895, and a set of old ivory balls. It was like finding a MM for 1000...lol. Also my parents saved my 1970 Lionel New York Central train for me since I was a kid, so I suspended it from the ceiling in my gameroom and hooked the transformer to a wall switch. I made the light over the pool table from antique beer trays that my Dad gave me.

DSCF2057.JPGDSCF2057.JPG IMG_0105.JPGIMG_0105.JPG

#32 10 years ago

Star Wars stuff

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 10 years ago

Pool table, ping-pong, fooseball, Kixx bubble soccer and shuffle alley.

#34 10 years ago

Pachinko machine, Pachislo Slot (Rai Rai Goku), Tower Faucet Beer Tap, mini beer fridge, Neon Bar Signs, Pay Phone, 1960 Cadillac Hearse (garage partially converted to game room space), several horror related standees and life size props, flat screen tv lounge area, translites and backglasses, 4x vids including a gun game, whole house speaker system.

Brian

#35 10 years ago

Bar & beer fridge, 16ft United Aztec ball bowler, 6 foot Valley pool table, Pub Time dart board, Chicago Coin Criss Cross Pop Up, MP3 jukebox (and turntable).

#37 10 years ago

Lots of Em arcades, collection of old lunch boxes toys, vintage beer signs etc.

I just brought a United Team Hockey project home a few weeks ago. It's pure mechanical except for the lighting. Fun old machine.

Alex

uteamho1.jpguteamho1.jpg

#38 10 years ago

Here's what I have so far:
    - MAME Arcade - Gets play by adults/kids
    - 2 Pinball machines - Gets play by adults/kids
    - Fooseball table - Got little play, gave away
    - 7ft Air Hockey - Gets play by adults/kids
    - 6ft Pool table - Gets play by kids
    - Wii with band instruments - Gets play by adults/kids
    - Electronic Dart board - Gets little play but takes up little space
    - Poker table - Gets play by adults
    - Chess Board - Almost no play
    - Electronic vibrating football - Gets play by kids (they LOVE it)
    - Big Wine refridge - Gets "play" by adults

Future plans:
    - At least 2-3 more Pins
    - 2nd MAME arcade with veriticle screen and less controls
    - Ping pong (to go on top of Pool or Air hockey tables as needed)
    - Video juke

Luck!

#39 10 years ago

Which game room?

Main floor: Half the room is a workshop. Crane machine. Puck bowler, if I ever get it out of my buddy's neighbor's basement.

Basement: Huge custom bar (seats 12), kegerator, Pachislo (Sindbad [sic] Adventure), Pachinko (Thunderbirds!), Megatouch, 1930's Pace Comet 10 cent slot machine, handheld game collection (circa 1980), Bao Ding ball collection, neons, popcorn machine, football shaped TV, and a bunch of other cool decorations. The whole shebang needs to be set up yet though... Pics before too long hopefully!

Haven't decided whether to keep the wall mount jukebox or just hang a touch screen computer to run some juke software. I do need to rip all my cds anyway...

#40 10 years ago

1950's Brunswick 9" pool table which is the center piece of my bar / game room.
    Megatouch video game sits on the bar. Skeeball outside the bar and gets used a lot. Pool_Table.jpgPool_Table.jpg Bar.jpgBar.jpg

#41 10 years ago

Juke box, antique slot machine, pachislo slot, phone booth, antique cash register, gumball machines, fortune scale, fortune swami machine, megatouch game thingy (or as my wife calls it..."the crack box"

ted_game_room_1.jpgted_game_room_1.jpg

#42 10 years ago

A 6-foot tall animatronic Jason Voorhees to guard over the pins

http://www.amazon.com/Over-Animated-Halloween-Jason-Voorhees/dp/B0045F421O

jason.jpgjason.jpg

#43 10 years ago

Megatouch, popcorn machine, hot dog machine, air hockey, Ice Cold Beer, Olhausen pool table, dart board, 2 plasmas (1 upstairs 1 downstairs), PS3, Wii, Vectrex, Atari 5200 & 2600, water cooler, mini-fridge, small bar, 3 futons, a bunch of Gremlins, 2 Yodas, 3 Muppets, Gollum, Darth Maul, a Jawa, Han Solo in Carbonite, and my home office. I also have an Alley Cats shuffle alley that I'll get around to fixing one of these days.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

Future plans:
    - 2nd MAME arcade with veriticle screen and less controls

I did exactly that, too. Vertical screen, 4-way stick, and 2 buttons. Much more approachable by the average person than my behemoth swiss-army-knife style mame box.

#45 10 years ago

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

DSCN0369.JPGDSCN0369.JPG DSCN0372.JPGDSCN0372.JPG

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Have five pins and a Pac-Man cabaret in my game room...looking for something else small to put in there. What do y'all have that don't fall into those categories?

Fun Chicken plastic egg machine and a Victor Selectorama capsule/candy vending machine.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

looking for something else small

Oops. Sorry about posting my bowler. Sumtymes i don't reed so guud...

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#48 10 years ago

Big ball bowler
    Arachnid dart board machine
    Slush Puppie machine

#49 10 years ago

My game room is a bit of a man-cave. Other than pinball machines:
    pop-a-shot
    ping-pong table
    full bar with liquor and frig full of beer
    wine closet
    popcorn machine
    (coming soon: poker table)
    and a theater in the adjoining room

#50 10 years ago

Last year I picked up a 1905 Brunswick pool table. The owner also included a 12 cue rack from 1895, and a set of old ivory balls. It was like finding a MM for 1000...lol. Also my parents saved my 1970 Lionel New York Central train for me since I was a kid, so I suspended it from the ceiling in my gameroom and hooked the transformer to a wall switch. I made the light over the pool table from antique beer trays that my Dad gave me.

Nice!
    My 1883 Brunswick is in storage, but here's a pic of the side and leg!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aside-from-pins-and-vids-what-do-you-have-in-your-game-room and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.