(Topic ID: 144902)

Asheville Pinball Museum - my take (Nov 2015)

By swampfire

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_5.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 8 years ago

I am embarrassed to say that I live here ( Asheville) but haven't been there in quite some time.....Owner is awesome, and had my Son's soccer team there for an end of season party some time back.....from a pure player's perspective, probably not quite the experience.....but they are way into the nostalgia and passion of the hobby, and I commend them for that.
Desperately need to go by, as I appreciate what they are trying to do for pinball and our little area ( Sierra Nevada has its only east coast location here, as well....a must visit).....mark

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from PINBALL-LUST:

Ive been there twice. I bought a pin there. I made payments on it until I got it. When I did, it was trashed, filthy black inside, and PF worn down to the wood.. It looked like it had been rode very very hard and put away very very wet. It took me 2 months to clean up that pin. T.C. is an honest nice guy, but the pins were trashed when I went this summer. And none of the games listed by anyone here were there late this summer, so turnover is insane. It's a dirty pin recycling center..Cheap to get in, but the pins were all trashed, dirty, broken, and worn out. It's just not a place for picky collectors...just everyday people that walk in to play pinball casually for the first time in 20 years and a place to squeeze every quarter out of every frail and dying wood fiber...you know..just like all the arcade owners of the 80s and 90s.

He had a few nice ones when I was there last (AFM and MET come to mind), but T.C. is a schoolteacher, and just has a passion for the hobby ( definitely not doing it for the $$$)....all the machines had a price on the back, and would just say look it over well before you buy, so no surprises for anyone.....

In a great area of downtown, and I'm sure just under capitalized to route killer titles w a full time tech....I appreciate what he is trying to do....wish I had more time to interact...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

1,500 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/asheville-pinball-museum-my-take-nov-2015?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.