(Topic ID: 144902)

Asheville Pinball Museum - my take (Nov 2015)

By swampfire

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_5.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadNC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

I'm a native of this town and even though I live outside of it now I'm still up there 3 days a week. The issues I have is the owner is very new to pins.He has no interest in holding any sort of tournament because of making less money that day... his words. He only started buying pins because of the business which is ok . But that's what your gonna get... slow pins that are dirty and half broken. I've been there 3 times and twice just quit playing over being frustrated. There alot of places there in the town to play some pins that are in better shape. This place is there and making money out of pure nostalgia. Its not a pinball enthusiasts destination.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have offered in the past, and am happy to do so, my personal help in their game lighting needs.
Public venues as a business do need the upkeep, and lighting.....not withstanding the Great LED Debate.....to attract and keep New customers.
I hope the message you have shared of your visit, might help the owners know we care, and want the best of success for them!
We appreciate them being there!

What they could really use is passion for the hobby and someone that is somewhat knowledgeable to help with newcomers. I Know Of 6,7 People Who Have Tried to get them to have a charity tournament or have people help with the pins but
They're just not worried. Again the guy bought his first pin a couple months before he opened the door.
There is usually 4,5 pins over at the Desoto lounge that's in better working order.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I am embarrassed to say that I live here ( Asheville) but haven't been there in quite some time.....Owner is awesome, and had my Son's soccer team there for an end of season party some time back.....from a pure player's perspective, probably not quite the experience.....but they are way into the nostalgia and passion of the hobby, and I commend them for that.
Desperately need to go by, as I appreciate what they are trying to do for pinball and our little area ( Sierra Nevada has its only east coast location here, as well....a must visit).....mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadNC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/asheville-pinball-museum-my-take-nov-2015?tu=ChadNC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.