rps20170606_214658 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_235902 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_233530 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_215545 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_160904 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_161000 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_230608 (resized).jpg
20170604_175059 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Long overdue for an update. Been real busy this month between work and getting my new Batman. Work has still been progressing though. I'm still working on re-attaching everything to the playfield. I've been using my ultrasonic cleaner and disassembling everything before I re-attach it to the playfield. I've re-done the drop target assemblies and flippers so far and I'm doing the pops next.
I've also been trying to decide what art I want on the plastics and translite.
For the translite I'm still trying to decide what I want to do. There are several features of the Diner back box design I want to retain if I can make it look good they are : rotating mechanical clock, jackpot light show around the clock, bouncing customers on springs with flashers.
Here is my base image I want to use:

In this image the "Ash vs Evil Dead" logo is actually going to transparent and the white/red will be on the rotating round clock face behind it. So as the clock rotates the logo will have "blood" fill and un-fill the letters.
The chainsaw blade will be back lit using the lights that used to be around the clock. They light sequentially from 1 to 12 as the jackpot increases. During attract mode and a few other times they do a little light shows which will be an added bonus. Alternatively I could just have a 1 through 12 graphic running up the side like a thermometer to indicate jackpot value.
In the original diner you had all 5 customers (and a chef?) are visible in the dining car windows. Each person was mounted on a spring and sat behind the back glass but in front of the back board so they had a 3-d effect and would bounce around as you shook the game. There was also a flasher behind each person that would flash whenever they spoke during the game.
I was going to use the dead space under and to the right of the chainsaw blade to put each of the "ghost-beaters" you collect during the the game. Not sure if it would look better to have them be 3-d cutouts on springs with flashers or just have them printed and back lit with flashers. Other option would be to just not have nay people there and just leave that area open like in the original image.

Here's a gif to crudely show what I'm thinking.

so what do people think:
rotating blood disc behind logo - yes or no?
jackpot score back lit on blade - yes or no?
ghost-beater crew - bouncy or stationary or not at all?

I personally like all the movement on the backbox.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 22.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ash-vs-evil-dead-retheme-project-from-diners-to-deadites?tu=insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.