rps20170606_214658 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_235902 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_233530 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_215545 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_160904 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_161000 (resized).jpg
rps20170606_230608 (resized).jpg
20170604_175059 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexsmendes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

#19 7 years ago

The original movies are great, the remake is awesome, and the series are now kicking ass.... Take a look at the hit it rich virtual slot... Maybe you get some ideas from it....

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

What is this hit it rich virtual slot that you speak of?

#33 7 years ago

Evil-Dead-Poster (resized).jpegEvil-Dead-Poster (resized).jpeg

Evil-Dead-poster-2 (resized).jpgEvil-Dead-poster-2 (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago

1 week later
3 weeks later
#67 7 years ago

Now that Pablo is dead (or not?), what would you think about a translite with just Ashy Slashy?

#70 7 years ago

Now this is cool!

ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-poster1 (resized).jpgash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-poster1 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#89 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I know there's no action in this shot but it just seems like it would look good as the cab side art. Just need to add the "Ash vs Evil Dead" logo to it.

Doc, I really liked the outfit Ash wore at the Asylum when he was possessed... What do you think about using one of those shots?

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

you mean one of these 2?

Yeah, what do you think?

2 weeks later
#94 7 years ago

OT (kinda): Pay only for shipping... Too good to be true !?!?!

https://vintagily.com/collections/led-sign/products/the-evil-dead-led-sign?variant=35176181706

3 months later
#180 7 years ago

Dude, those toys are amazing!

1 month later
#198 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For area that get a decal, I used polycrylic instead of paint. I got that idea from here:
http://robertwinter.com/pinball/restorations/cc/cabinet/index.html
This approach fills in wood to make a super smooth surface for the decal. You still paint around the edges that will not be covered by the decal.
Here's a preview of the cab and head art on of my sides. I'll hold off showing the other until the game is done. Gotta save some surprises for later.

Loving it!

1 month later
#209 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Upand running at pintastic new england show. Come check it out.

Turned out beautiful! Now let's see some game-play videos!!!!

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for all the kind words. It was great to see other people enjoying it. Winning a best custom award was icing on the cake.
It held up pretty well. The biggest problem was a few stuck balls and a broken scoop switch. I totally forgot to look at the game count before the show so I dont know how many plays it got but but seemed to always have someone on it whenever I walked by.
I wish people could have hear the music and callouts better. I actuallly had 2 sound packages, the "G" rated and the "R" rated. If you watch the sound you know there is a lot of "salty" language which makes for excellent calloutswhen you drain. I think I have about 3 dozen different ways of various characters on the show saying f***. I will add an external headphone jack and headphones next time I bring the game to a show.
Looks like it might inspire some future re-themers. I talked to a couple guys at the show who now want to do their own rethemes. Maybe we'll see those next year at pintastic.
I was pretty lax in documenting my progress the last few weeks as I just didn't have time. I'll catch up on it in the next few weeks. I also need to finish some things that didnt get done in time for the show. I have the Tommy blinders installed under the apron but they dont work yet. I also still need to "animate" the logo on the tranlite using the clock mechanism. The sound package could use a little more tweaking as well.
I didnt get any video of the game in action but here are some links of others who did.
» YouTube video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWQ_W7pABqt/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWRAUDOgs-z/

Cool docquest... and congrats for the award!!!

Maybe you could shoot some more videos when you get the pin back home

2 months later
#224 6 years ago

Just for fun!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I got a new apron card from when I went to the Bruce Campbell book signing. He told me he wouldnt sue me for making an unauthorized pinball machine.

Amazing!!!

4 months later
#233 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks. I'm patiently waiting for the pinsound guys to release their hardware controller to drive mods off if sound callout triggers.
Season 3 just started last week and first episode was great. I'll be grabbing any funny quotes from this season to add to the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexsmendes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ash-vs-evil-dead-retheme-project-from-diners-to-deadites?tu=alexsmendes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.