1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DrDQ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I traveled down to Asbury Park with family members and friends yesterday to again avail ourselves of the fabulous boardwalk pinball emporium, the popular "Silver Ball Museum" located just yards from the Stone Pony of Bruce Springsteen fame on Ocean Avenue. As always there is great value for the hour rate entrance fee. We went with the $15.00 a person for two hours, which concluded at the 9:00 P.M. Monday evening closing time.

Pros: One of the greatest selections of machines on the east coast, with many electro-mechanical classics to stand alongside all the 90's treasures from Bally/Williams and every single JJP title. The latter propensity makes a lot of sense since the museum represents the home turf for Jersey Jack. Staff is friendly and the floor plan includes video machines like Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, skeeball, air-hockey and Mario Brothers among others for those needing a brief pinball respite from their pinball marathon.

Cons: The trip was mainly firmed up to spend some time on the JJP PIRATES, but the machine was down all night. Employees could do nothing but turn it off and on when the issue was that a ball needed to be located. This is not the first time they have given up on a JJP machine that was down, indicating that there is rarely anyone during operation hours equipped to make even the most rudimentary investigation or repair. We can't say we didn't enjoy ourselves (and a late dinner at the excellent Italian restaurant/pizzeria Luigi's nearby afterwards was wonderful) but the prime reason we attended was denied us. The museum continues to snub Stern. Their reason are chronic repairs, but really to have not a single Stern -not even LOTR is bizarre- and a disservice to pinball fans. All the other tri-state pinball depots like the Sunshine Laundromat in Brooklyn and Modern Pinball in Manhattan have plenty of Sterns so I don't understand it. And to refuse to have MONSTER BASH either in original or now remake incarnation is something I have never understood. MB is consistent of course among pinball's top three machines on pinside and in player sentiment. I have been going there for many years and I NEVER remember MB on the floor. Yet they have and have always had MM, AFM, TAF, WW, CV, IJ, TZ, FH, RH, though TOTAN has also never been there.

Anyway, even with the considerable issues we had a fine evening and the museum offers excellent value.

#2 1 year ago

Their anti Stern stance paired with them having JJP pins that in my many trips there are usually broke in some way is pretty ironic.

Still love the place though. Hoping to get a visit in soon.

#3 1 year ago

That's odd as the Silverball here in Florida has some Stern games (Iron Maiden and Beatles) and an original Monster Bash. For JJP they have a Hobbit and Dialed In.

#4 1 year ago

I made the trip out there a couple years ago. Funny but yeah, didn't notice any Sterns there. Didn't even think about it while i was there. There were so many other pins i wanted to play instead. They did have WOZ and the Hobbit, and the wife and i played both extensively without issue. Really is a great place even without newer Sterns. And for 15.00 we played for about 4 hours with no waiting on most pins.

#5 1 year ago

Clearly they only want machines with real knockers. Can you blame them?

#6 1 year ago

They used to have a tspp and a sopranos. The times I've been there, jjp games were working. I think JJP may donate those games to silverball, but am not 100% sure on that. Not sure I agree with them that stern games break more, especially pre-spike games, but they definitely have an aversion to stern games.

#7 1 year ago

Love the silverball museum in Delray when visiting family in Florida , but I haven’t ventured to the one in NJ. Have to check it out, but I’d be bummed if potc wasn’t running.

Maybe we could have a pinside meetup there, especially if they get a wonka.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vdrums:

Love the silverball museum in Delray when visiting family in Florida , but I haven’t ventured to the one in NJ. Have to check it out, but I’d be bummed if potc wasn’t running.
    Maybe we could have a pinside meetup there, especially if they get a wonka.

Vdrums, I'd love to meet you and your family there absolutely!!! Must stay in touch!!!

#9 1 year ago

My guess is the ball was stuck at the edge of the end of the small subway and the Black Pearl VUK.
    The machine may need to be better leveled and/or add a washer to the subway.
    When it gets stuck like that you can lift the game up from the front very slightly and the VUK will “find” the ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Led
    B & K Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 12.95
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 63.50
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside