Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DarkWizard
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bar-fight-o.gif
    funny-gifs-did-someone-say-bacon.gif
    BC10.jpg
    ibtl.jpg
    boobs-jiggle-13.gif
    abandon (1).gif
    blame-canada.jpg
    th-5.jpeg
    good_bad_and_ugly.jpg
    drama-bad-mmkay.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

I never imagined there could be so much drama in the pinball hobby!!! Why can't everyone just get along and love pinball? Just sayin...

#2 10 years ago

I don't I know the answer to your question but if I have another golf course get together will you bring a few games?!?!?!

#3 10 years ago

if the forums would go back to the way they were in the ol days it would be great > All Tech Talk, no whinning little old ladies with nothing better to do then bitch n moan about everything, no posting of micheal eating popcorn, no drama, no he said/he said, no bitching about delivery dates....Just Simply Tech Talk!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

if the forums would go back to the way they were in the ol days it would be great > All Tech Talk, no whinning little old ladies with nothing better to do then bitch n moan about everything, no posting of micheal eating popcorn, no drama, no he said/he said, no bitching about delivery dates....Just Simply Tech Talk!

When was that? I have been around since the very earliest days, and I don't recall that. RGP maybe.

#5 10 years ago

What it comes down to is there are way too many people in it to either make money or turn it into an investment and not enough people in it for the love of pinball.

#6 10 years ago

10K by Christmas.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I don't I know the answer to your question but if I have another golf course get together will you bring a few games?!?!?!

I'd be more than happy to bring some games mister, and maybe I could get a sweet gorilla shirt this time I'm also gunna plan an Iowa pinhead get together at my place this summer! Good times No drama allowed... I got attack donkeys in the back yard and I'm not afraid to use them!

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

...and boobs.

#9 10 years ago

7-8 yrs ago... RGP was a Fantastic Resource for All things Pinball Tech.....BTW; I did say the "ol days"....I have been collecting for 19 years now & I can surely say that the forums are NOTHING like they used to be.....

Quoted from gambit3113:

When was that? I have been around since the very earliest days

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

7-8 yrs ago... RGP was a Fantastic Resource for All things Pinball Tech.....BTW; I did say the "ol days"....I have been collecting for 19 years now & I can surely say that the forums are NOTHING like they used to be.....

Just noticed who was in your avatar. Can you hook me up with some zydrate?

#11 10 years ago

See, this is my point > This is Frikin Useless BS....

Quoted from Miguel351:

10K by Christmas.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

I am confused, I guess. Pinside forum was nothing but a newsreader like page for the first few years, with very little discussion at all. I mean virtually none - 6 months worth of conversation would fit on the page without needing to scroll down. But when Robin made the big upgrade to the first real forum format, it got busy fairly quickly. And it has never been sterile tech talk only over here. RGP, sure. But this thread and your comment seemingly laments the downfall of Pinside forums. But I was here all along, and it has always been more than just the tech place to talk pinball.

A thread for people to whine about people whining. I have seen it all now. No funeral.

#13 10 years ago

sure:

More uselessness....but WTF.....

Quoted from pinballsmith:

Just noticed who was in your Avatar. Can you hook me up with some zydrate?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

when?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballa1983:

I never imagined there could be so much drama in the pinball hobby!!! Why can't everyone just get along and love pinball? Just sayin...

I'd love it if we all started wearin cowboy hats and smoking cigars

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

I'd love it if we all started wearin cowboy hats and smoking cigars

Me too!!

#18 10 years ago

id love to give you my opinion on this, but i would probably get a warning from one of the power hungry moderators on this forum.

#19 10 years ago

Peace be with you all Pinsiders!!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from rooftop:

id love to give you my opinion on this, but i would probably get a warning from one of the power hungry moderators on this forum.

#21 10 years ago

Why did I click on this topic????

#22 10 years ago

Yeah, I've been using the "unvisit" feature more and more lately.

#23 10 years ago

Yeah stop your bitching your old hags and help me with my Tech question that NO ONE has answered. I bet there has been many many hundreds, probably thousands, of posts which 99.9% are dribble. I came for help, now help a brother out.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-current-coils-group-1-not-working-lotr

#24 10 years ago

drama-bad-mmkay.jpgdrama-bad-mmkay.jpg

There are a variety of characters on: As The Pinside Turns

good_bad_and_ugly.jpggood_bad_and_ugly.jpg

#25 10 years ago

I love other peoples drama. My life is boring. I would not come here as much if it were not so interesting.

Lets face it. tech wise, one should be able to search and find the answer. no need to keep reanswering the same questions.

But pinball is more than just tech, its people. And good, bad and ugly ( sometimes smelly) people are the best part.

#26 10 years ago

I like pie.....and boobs....not necessarily in that order......

#27 10 years ago

#bacon
    th-5.jpegth-5.jpeg

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Tech talk is great, I try to help out if I can, but when its the 75th time Ive seen the question I just pass over it now.

Many of us freaking love pinball and hanging out together hence a lot of inside humor develops between a large group of us, even guys that arent local and spills over online as we cant logistically go hang out with each other every day and keep our shenanigans in check. Id find this place very boring if there wasnt a little drama here and there.

I hope this isnt a category of posts you were referring to. Well, not so much the drama, just the shenanigans.

EDIT----and for the record Ive never had a problem with any moderator being power hungry, there has been a few threads I didnt quite agree with the lock but hey man, if it keeps the peace, so be it.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from rooftop:

only one? more like a few.... then someone gets accused of multiple accts and get no reply when you email the prick who bans your significant others account. back to playing pinball instead of talking pinball.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

as we cant logistically go hang out with each other every day

Or bop someone in the head for insulting our sports teams.

#31 10 years ago

Don't miss the 20% off sale @ MSM ends 2/2/14.

http://www.smokedmeats.com/

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

But pinball is more than just tech, its people. And good, bad and ugly ( sometimes smelly) people are the best part.

As one of the ugly, I agree 100%

#33 10 years ago

Here's a funny video that's related to the topic... then there's a bunch of boring stuff about pinball at the end

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

sure:
    » YouTube video
    More uselessness....but WTF.....

what the hell did I just watch? reminds me of an updated version of rocky horror picture show.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

only one? more like a few.... then someone gets accused of multiple accts and get no reply when you email the prick who bans your significant others account. back to playing pinball instead of talking pinball.

Is that you in the video telling Blondetall to go F herself????? And yeast infection, WOW!!!!!! Ill do everything I can to deter business from you guys.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what the hell did I just watch? reminds me of an updated version of rocky horror picture show.

No shit. I discount any complaint made by the bearer of that mess.

#37 10 years ago

that dominatrix chic is pretty damn hot tho. I put it in the netflix que, because of all the sleeze and the vampire looking dude. I normally don't like musicals, but if it looks like there's going to be tits in it, i'll sit through it while i'm painting.

#38 10 years ago

Sadly, not this year. I had too much burn out with 2 straight years of drought. What would you all say if I committed to next February?

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Is that you in the video telling Blondetall to go F herself????? And yeast infection, WOW!!!!!! Ill do eveything I can to deter business from you guys.

Who the hell are those guys? What the f@%¥?? How has that not been more of a topic of discussion? Or did I just miss that in hibernation? Someone point out what I can possibly do to avoid ever communicating or doing any form of business with those two.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Is that you in the video telling Blondetall to go F herself????? And yeast infection, WOW!!!!!! Ill do everything I can to deter business from you guys.

Wow.

If there is ever a problem anyone can take it up with Robin.

That was way uncalled for.

Lloyd

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Wow.
    Lloyd

I pm'd robin about it, I cant wait to meet this ebjimmyg in person.

Post edited by centerflank

#42 10 years ago

That was really bad. Totally classless. IBTL

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Wow.
    Lloyd

i watched about 5 min. had enough... they should lay down the crack pipe... booooooring anyway.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

» YouTube video
    Here's a funny video that's related to the topic... then there's a bunch of boring stuff about pinball at the end

How is it possible to claim one does not care about pinside, nor have the time to care, yet have the time to male a 45 min. video about it?

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

What it comes down to is there are way too many people in it to either make money or turn it into an investment and not enough people in it for the love of pinball.

Life has forced me out earlier than I had planned, but there is SO MUCH about the hobby these days that I will surely never miss, and you just hit on a big one.

I still love the game of pinball, but the more machines I let go and the farther I get away from it all, the more liberated I feel.

"The old gray mare, she aint what she used to be...many long years ago."

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Who the hell are those guys? What the f@%¥?? How has that not been more of a topic of discussion? Or did I just miss that in hibernation? Someone point out what I can possibly do to avoid ever communicating or doing any form of business with those two.

Its easy to avoid doing business with GRC, just don't over pay for a pin.

#47 10 years ago

Pinside reminds me too much of the Simpsons. The golden years are gone but still going strong. Best to get take advantage now.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoWhining:

» YouTube video

Who are you by the way, are you ebjimmyg's lady? I see you had a ban vote sent from the locked thread....or is ebjimmy posting from your pc?

Always nice to know who is actually posting on pin side, my wife has an account but probably 60+members have met her/us and we hang out together, nor have I ever posted anything under her username.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Who are you by the way, are you ebjimmyg's lady? I see you had a ban vote sent from the locked thread....or is ebjimmy posting from your pc?
    Always nice to know who is actually posting on pin side, my wife has an account but probably 60+members have met her/us and we hang out together, nor have I ever posted anything under her username.
    Thanks in advance for the clarification.

It turns out that no one has seen juniorpinball in the same room with them.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

It turns out that no one has seen juniorpinball in the same room with them.

Blame Canada!

blame-canada.jpgblame-canada.jpg

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/as-the-pinside-turns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.