Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm troubleshooting an EBD. The machine plays, but I have a couple problems I haven't been able to track down yet: The sound is only a garbled heart-beat sorta sound and the displays have some distortion (extra or dimmed segments occasionally). The caps and ROMs on the sound board have been replaced with only little change in the sound. I've noticed the SB LED seems to flash with the sound.

The MPU was replaced (with AllTek) because of corroded battery and bottom of board. While the old board still functioned, adding the new one had no change on the sound (as expected)

I've started to think it may be a power issue and wanted to confirm if the below are the expected readings at the TPs of the AS-2518-54

TP1 - 6.4VDC
TP2 - 230VDC
TP3 - 11.9VDC
TP4 - 6.5VAC
TP5 - 43VDC

#2 5 years ago

that is all good voltage wise.

For the displays check the solder joitns on the header pins on each display PCB, they are always cracked. Same goes for the sound board, that is step 1.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TENNESSEE
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside