Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

680x_Reset_Voltage.png
    A65DBCD4-7BCC-4D3B-9C74-DCD0871F6A8F.gif
    6CEC804F-FF25-4BBD-B9DA-5A421A8E24F2 (resized).jpeg
    MPU_Resistance_Readings_in_ValidPowerCircuit.jpg
    IMG_1395 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1363 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1362 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rikoshay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

have you got the correct jumpers for the ROMs you are using?

also see acid leakage still on the board, this will travel, needs to be completely gone.

the solder on the rear of board for Q5 looks close to neighbouring traces, i'd be cleaning that up.
    some of the pins on the 6800 U9 look to be quite tarnished/oxidised, i'd be cleaning them up.

you may have a short/eaten away trace under the U8 socket, personally i'd be replacing both the U7 & U8 sockets with socket strips.

#4 2 years ago

VR1 is an 8.2V zener.......i'd be replacing that, honestly with all those components in the reset section 40 odd years old, i replace them all and raise R11 the 82ohm up about 20mm.

have you seen with a logic probe or scope pin 40 go from low to high on the 6800?

shorting pins 40 to 39 should turn off the LED, if it doesn't the problem looks to be the reset circuit.

i may have missed something, but how do you know the reset is working?

#30 2 years ago

the 6800's you are using in U9, can you confirm they good by them working in another mpu?

it may be nothing, but in your first post, on the rear of the board where pin 40 and 39 of U9 the 6800 join to the top header J5, it looks like a possible short?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rikoshay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/as-2518-35-led-locked-on?tu=Rikoshay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.