• 48 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resistance Readings Rev 1.pdf (PDF preview)
Resistance Readings.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_2911.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG
IMG_2909.JPG
MPU_U11_Socket_PinsA.jpg
IMG_2892.jpeg
IMG_2896.jpeg
IMG_2905.jpeg
IMG_2900.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg
IMG_2906.jpeg
MPU_Sockets 004a.jpg
IMG_2883.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2878.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Yes

I've actually been looking at those recently. I will order one today.

I've thought the same thing. I've hesitated to remove the U8 socket because I'll probably need to repair/jumper most of the connections as the traces are shot. What I have done is verify continuity from the chip legs on both U7 and U8 to the board connections, and confirmed there are do shorts from pin to adjacent pins. At lease I think I didn't miss anything. I believe this confirms that the chip to socket connections are solid.

check u8 connections back to the cpu chip and the enabling stuff. A lot of the connections at U8 go off in multiple directions. Even if it connects to u7 to may not connect to the cpu/roms/pia etc.

#40 4 years ago

A short between upper address bits at/near the CPU chip can cause the 7 flash reset. I had a MPU working OK when set to hot hand, change it to Kiss and it 7 flash crash. Inspecting around the CPU chip, which was a used pull, and it had a whisker of solder at the plastic package shorting two of the near upper most address pins together. That was a rare odd case tho.

Even tho U8 looks rough like the problem is probably around there, at this point I think I'd get some known good ROMs. Your original ROMs have legs that look really tarnished. The Bally POST checksum test is not fool proof too. Those single wipe IC sockets are not the best either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

5,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 22.50
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/as-2518-35-continuously-rebooting?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.