Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by katoskave
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

S&S_Backglass_FB.jpg
    Skateball_Playfield_FB.jpg
    Corvette_Playfield_FB.jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 10 years ago

Nice work. A big commitment for you, but wonderful for everyone who can benefit from the playfields and keep enjoying their games.

Also, I love that Strikes and Spares backglass so much I'd buy it just to put on the wall.

#53 10 years ago

Awesome work. Maybe this skateball needs a new playfield? Maybe a restore? Any plans on doing a Simpsons Backglass or T2 plastics? Again not to get any flack from anyone but maybe a set of Pool Sharks Plastics?

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

WOW, simply amazing!

Now how about RS playfield? I would think it would be an easier one based on non-licensed theme and LOTS of folks looking based on # made and common blast zone and fish area wear.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Kinda doubful as this title had to be run as 2 Separate Playfields and took twice the time as 1 title. With that kind of production time, materials, etc. we pretty much lost money on the project as it cost us Twice the cost of a single playfield yet we sold it at a Single Playfield price ( $600 ). "IF" we were to ever re-run this we would have to sell it at twice the price due to the production Costs involved in making it.....

So does this mean BK2K is unlikely as well? That'd be quite a bummer, as there are many BK2K's that could use new playfields.

Also, what about F14? I think I read a while ago that it was being worked on?

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Is there a date on the diner back glass release?

I'm very interested in buying a diner backglass. Do the plan on making it a mirrored backglass?

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Skateball is an awesome game...I got lucky & picked up a HUO Skateball & HUO Embryon as a package deal for $ 2,100...they are Both MINT!....Love both games.....

Hmm - HUO Embryon... how about a repro playfield?

#59 10 years ago

Have you looked at the artwork on the Embryon Playfield? OMG! That artwork would take forever to recreate....At some point in the future, I don't know when, we will be doing the wide body playfields but as of right now we cant as our sanding equipment isn't wide enough to accomodate the wider wood panels. I'm still on the hunt for an NOS Space Invaders Playfield that I can Scan ( I do know 2 different people that have them but getting them to let me borrow them is another story) but once I get one I'll do the artwork and archeive it for the future ( and NO i will not use those crappy 'overlays' for scanning, those things are just horrible looking, missing details, color saturated, etc. that I could just never use them).

Quoted from dasvis:

Embryon... how about a repro playfield

The original artwork Films for BK2000 are still out there floating around somewhere so best to get with PPS about that....

Quoted from flashburn:

So does this mean BK2K is unlikely as well?

Yes, I have posted it a 100 times already > F14 Playfield artwork is being worked on, but it looks to be years away right now as the artist on the project has a life outside of artwork and is making progess although it is very slow.

Quoted from flashburn:

Also, what about F14?

#60 10 years ago

stu you're a machine

#61 10 years ago

...with a couple of gears missing....LOL....I must be some sort of crazy to be doing all this pinball stuff....

Quoted from Mrhide:

stu you're a machine

#62 10 years ago

Thanks for the updates Stu. It fuels my enthusiasm for pinball all the more.

Brian

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

...with a couple of gears missing....LOL....I must be some sort of crazy to be doing all this pinball stuff....

Don't forget to stop and smell the flippers, er...I mean play some. Wife and I had neglected playing our BC for about a week due to work so had a couple of beers and played a few games last night. I swear one game lasted 15 or 20 minutes. Fun Fun FUn Fun

#64 10 years ago

Actually I do make time to play at least 3-4 games a day (different titles - couple games each) and I'm involved with a Pinball League that holds tournaments every month)....but a big THANKS to all of you that Support the efforts of CPR and All the CPR Artists!

#65 10 years ago

I would be in FOR SURE on BK2k. Mine is decent, but was going to look into restoring it. Bet it would cost more than buying one from you. Flashburn. Lets bug Planetary Pinball and see what we can do.!!! I know there are lots o blown out BK2K's out there that could use this. The plastics sold out in a hurry from CPR!!!!

#66 10 years ago

Thanks for the recommendation Stu, I just sent PPS an email asking them about a repro BK2K playfield, so I'll see what they say.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Have you looked at the artwork on the Embryon Playfield? OMG! That artwork would take forever to recreate.....

I'm just curious, Embryon don't look much more complex than Fathom and Xenon or Space Invaders, what is the difference ? And what about Elektra ? Is it possible to repro only the upper playfield, the main one is always nice of course because of the plexi.

#68 10 years ago

Embryon = Tons of work, and not many will sell (Short Run = No Profits, but we can somehow sneak it in after a Good Seller)

Space Invaders = Tons of work, but would be an Awesome seller - as Everyone needs a new SI Playfield, but again, we can't sand Widebody games yet so it's a no go for now ( But if someone steps up with an NOS Space Invaders Playfield that I can Scan & use for the Artwork I would do the artwork right away and archeive it for when the project starts.....

Fathom = Films Provided ( We had to Fix a few issues but nothing too bad)

Xenon = Kevin did this one, I think it took him about 9 months to do the art - not sure

Elektra = I already have done the artwork for the Basement Playfield, but the project was put on Indefinite Hold as we dont want to run projects as Multiple Runs (like Black Knight) and we can't get all 3 Playfields on 1 piece of wood. Would be rediculous to only run say the Basement & the Upper Playfields as the colors would never match someones Existing Main Playfield - they have All faded differently over the years. So Elektra is an All or Nothing project, & right now it's Nothing...Sorry, I really wanted Elektra as I have one & would love to restore it, and we may at some point in the future run this project, but no light in sight as of right now....

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Fathom = Films Provided ( We had to Fix a few issues but nothing too bad)
    Xenon = Kevin did this one, I think it took him about 9 months to do the art - not sure

Thanks for this nice answer !
    By the way, all cpr staff make an amazing job for the pinball collectors community !!
    I'm always amazed when i see by my own eyes one of your repro playfield

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Is there a date on the diner back glass release?

I'm still waiting for the diner Playfield

#71 10 years ago

Hi Stu, thanks for the recent artwork updates, has there been any updates on the EATPM pf? Thanks in advance.

#72 10 years ago

I'm working on it....

Quoted from v8racefan:

has there been any updates on the EATPM pf

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Embryon = Tons of work, and not many will sell (Short Run = No Profits, but we can somehow sneak it in after a Good Seller)

Yeah, great widebody, odd that it was such a low seller. That damn wheel in the upper right corner is almost always worn. I would even go for a decal to restore the missing artwork on mine.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Hell No!...I need to get working on the other 14 Projects I have going!

That's to bad...but when those 14 are done there will be A LOT of happy people out there.

#75 10 years ago

...and there will be 14 more projects on my roster....LOL....never ending!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

but when those 14 are done there will be A LOT of happy people out there

#76 10 years ago

Many thanks to CPR - keep up the good work~!~!

#77 10 years ago

Stu,

As mentioned so many times on this post and others, THANK YOU! Greatly appreciate the work you and your team do.

Is there any chance on Road Show plastics or PF's?

#78 10 years ago

Road Show Original Films for screen printing should still be floating around out there somewhere as it is a more recent title [1994] (as compared to the classic titles of the late 70's & 80's) so you should probably check with PPS.

1 week later
    #79 10 years ago

Stu again thanks for all of the awesome work. I hope one day to find a new Simpsons Backglass.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/artwork-completion/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.