Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by katoskave
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

S&S_Backglass_FB.jpg
    Skateball_Playfield_FB.jpg
    Corvette_Playfield_FB.jpg
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

New CPR Repro Artwork:
    I finished the Artwork for the Skateball Playfield, Corvette Playfield, and the Strikes & Spares Backglass (note that on the S&S Backglass I have a couple of Color Layers Intentially "out of order" so that the graphics can be seen)....

Please Do Not Ask when these will be available as I have No Idea, I just finish the artwork & thought I would share with the community.....

Stu

Corvette_Playfield_FB.jpgCorvette_Playfield_FB.jpg Skateball_Playfield_FB.jpgSkateball_Playfield_FB.jpg S&S_Backglass_FB.jpgS&S_Backglass_FB.jpg

#2 10 years ago

they look really good stu, i am sure you have many hours of work here, thanx

#3 10 years ago

about 2,000 hours for these 3 projects....

#5 10 years ago

It all looks amazing. Really love the work on Skateball, now if only I can ever find one for sale. The 70's looking chick on S&S is pretty damn hot & lean. Wonder how she looks 35 years later?

#6 10 years ago

Already a CPR Corvette playfield on ebay.......just kidding. Nice work. Any chance of a Jungle Lord glass?

#7 10 years ago

Nice work!!

#8 10 years ago

Your contributions to the hobby are priceless! Kudos to you and CPR!!

#9 10 years ago

How about the Bad Cats playfield? How many more need to jump on that for a run to be made?

#10 10 years ago

Damn you do nice work Stu. You must find it VERY rewarding. Keep it up.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

Your contributions to the hobby are priceless! Kudos to you and CPR!!

AGREE 1000%

#12 10 years ago

Thank you for the insane dedication, and for sharing the update!

Quoted from robx46:

Wonder how she looks 35 years later?

Well, hopefully she hasn't aged a bit. But if she is bubbling, flaking, discolored, or broken... it looks ylike you can get a new model for minimal investment in the near future .

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

about 2,000 hours for these 3 projects....

Stu,

Awesome work!

How do you decide which projects to work on?

J-

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for your support guys, it's much appreciated......

Since there were 6,000 Jungle Lord machines made I would seriously consider the Backglass as a possible repro project IF someone was to step-up with an NOS Glass we can Scan and use for the artwork.....

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Any chance of a Jungle Lord glass?

Keep an eye out for the Bad Cats Plastics to be released soon as they were just printed, we just need to Laser-Cut them. As for the Playfield, Inserts have already been ordered, so once we receive them we will get the CNC File started and move forward with the project....

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How about the Bad Cats playfield?

I monitor the forums, what people are looking for, I am in-touch with many collectors, and I'm in the APPL (34 members), as well as I get eMails Daily from people requesting us to do specific projects. I look at all of these factors, including the original production runs, as well as the availability of Source Donor materials and make decisions from there. I had a line on a Bally Rolling Stones NOS Playfield which the owner was going to send me, however, he had already taken a deposit on it from a buyer & buyer said NO to shipping it to me for repro purposes, so stuff like that really causes set-backs on projects (if not kills them completely). The Fireball PF project fell through due to the owner, so that killed the project.....What I'm finding lately is that people are really starting to get greedy with the source materials – they seem to want us to hand them the world just for the privlidge of "borrowing' their source materials. A couple years back people were falling all over themselves to step-up and help out, now they want to pay their mortage with compensation from CPR for letting us borrow their stuff....I'm learning who the bad apples are & trying to stay away from them. There are still some people out there that want to help out but finding those individules with the materials that we need is getting tougher by the day.....

Quoted from JesseB:

How do you decide which projects to work on?

#15 10 years ago

Is there a date on the diner back glass release?

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

There are still some people out there that want to help out but finding those individules with the materials that we need is getting tougher by the day.....

Hey Stu

If I have anything you need, let me know. Happy to help.

Thanks for your contribution to the hobby.

Aaron

#17 10 years ago

Thanks, but I have no idea of what you have....LOL....

Quoted from Goonie:

If I have anything you need, let me know. Happy to help

No specific "date", but it will most likely be one of the next 5 glasses that we do. We already have the blank glass panels for the next 2 titles, then we'll order more glass cut to size for the next 3-4 titles which will include Diner.....

Quoted from shlockdoc:

Is there a date on the diner back glass release

#18 10 years ago

Thanks. Consider one sold

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Thanks, but I have no idea of what you have....LOL....

Sorry, figured you would thumb through my game registry here on Pinside. Click the number 15 right below my city...should you wish.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Keep an eye out for the Bad Cats Plastics to be released soon as they were just printed, we just need to Laser-Cut them. As for the Playfield, Inserts have already been ordered, so once we receive them we will get the CNC File started and move forward with the project....

Excellent news on both points! Now to get PinballInc to hopefully make the ramps!

#21 10 years ago

I have already spoken to James at PinballInc and both Phoebe & I had to track down the Original Part Numbers of the 2 Ramps (which we did do) and got that information to James a couple of years ago. James did let me know that he was able to track down the Molds for thes Ramps, so once we are ready to start production on the Playfield I'll get back in-touch with James and hopefully he can get the ball rolling on the ramps.....

Quoted from shimoda:

Now to get PinballInc to hopefully make the ramps

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

I have already spoken to James at PinballInc and both Phoebe & I had to track down the Original Part Numbers of the 2 Ramps (which we did do) and got that information to James a couple of years ago. James did let me know that he was able to track down the Molds for thes Ramps, so once we are ready to start production on the Playfield I'll get back in-touch with James and hopefully he can get the ball rolling on the ramps.....

I knew he had the molds from talking to him back in I think March. It will probably be more likely to happen though with the other parts coming together. Thanks for this news Stu, it's certainly great news. Still wish you had the BOP rights to get that PF done.

#23 10 years ago

We "had" the licensing, but it was taken from us & given to another manufacturer 4 years ago....

Quoted from shimoda:

Still wish you had the BOP rights to get that PF done

#24 10 years ago

Beautiful work

Quoted from Stu:Please Do Not Ask when these will be available as I have No Idea,

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Still wish you had the BOP rights to get that PF done.

Plastic set at least......PLEASE!!!!!

#26 10 years ago

Well done Stu!!

#27 10 years ago

On another note, curious about whether CPR will do another run of Black Knight playfields in the future. Late to this hobby but possibly picking one of these machines up soon.

And excellent work on the art!

#28 10 years ago

Kinda doubful as this title had to be run as 2 Separate Playfields and took twice the time as 1 title. With that kind of production time, materials, etc. we pretty much lost money on the project as it cost us Twice the cost of a single playfield yet we sold it at a Single Playfield price ( $600 ). "IF" we were to ever re-run this we would have to sell it at twice the price due to the production Costs involved in making it.....

Quoted from shimoda:

curious about whether CPR will do another run of Black Knight playfields in the future

#29 10 years ago

Great work. And looking forward to the bad cats projects to be done.

#30 10 years ago

Bad Cats Plastics Now Available at CPR:
    http://classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Stu

Quoted from mario_1_up:

And looking forward to the Bad Cats projects to be done

#31 10 years ago

I regret passing on a Skateball many years ago. It's a beautiful game with a really unique layout.

Nice work, Stu.

#32 10 years ago

Skateball is an awesome game...I got lucky & picked up a HUO Skateball & HUO Embryon as a package deal for $ 2,100...they are Both MINT!....Love both games.....

#33 10 years ago

WOW, simply amazing!

Now how about RS playfield? I would think it would be an easier one based on non-licensed theme and LOTS of folks looking based on # made and common blast zone and fish area wear.

#34 10 years ago

Don't understand why the seafood wheel insert wasn't included, many are cracked at the screw holes. Thought this would have been a given.

#35 10 years ago

Because the Seafood Wheel Plastic is Acrylic & a Different Thickness - it's twice the Thickness of our plastics PETg. We make our Plastics Sets from PETg (pretty much Unbreakable) but PETg is no good for Playfields like the Pin•Bot & BoP Mini Playfields, Sexy Girl Playfield Window, HH & BH Playfield Windows, etc....

Just like the Sexy Girl Playfield Window was included with the New Playfield the Seafood Widow will be included with the bad Cats Playfield......

Quoted from shimoda:

Don't understand why the seafood wheel insert wasn't included, many are cracked at the screw holes. Thought this would have been a given

#36 10 years ago

So Stu, do you have some time off now that these projects are finished to take a little vacation.

#37 10 years ago

Hell No!...I need to get working on the other 14 Projects I have going!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Just like the Sexy Girl Playfield Window was included with the New Playfield the Seafood Widow will be included with the Bad Cats Playfield......

That makes some sense, perhaps some extras will be available as well, just a thought. Thanks for the response.

#40 10 years ago

As a no talent a$$ clown when it comes to graphics arts, I am quite thankful that the pinball community have people like you. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Unrelated. I snuck in before the window closed on ordering the TOTAN playfields. I am hopefully CPR can make this happen.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Thanks for your support guys, it's much appreciated......
    Since there were 6,000 Jungle Lord machines made I would seriously consider the Backglass as a possible repro project IF someone was to step-up with an NOS Glass we can Scan and use for the artwork.....

I monitor the forums, what people are looking for, I am in-touch with many collectors, and I'm in the APPL (34 members), as well as I get eMails Daily from people requesting us to do specific projects. I look at all of these factors, including the original production runs, as well as the availability of Source Donor materials and make decisions from there. I had a line on a Bally Rolling Stones NOS Playfield which the owner was going to send me, however, he had already taken a deposit on it from a buyer & buyer said NO to shipping it to me for repro purposes, so stuff like that really causes set-backs on projects (if not kills them completely). The Fireball PF project fell through due to the owner, so that killed the project.....What I'm finding lately is that people are really starting to get greedy with the source materials – they seem to want us to hand them the world just for the privlidge of "borrowing' their source materials. A couple years back people were falling all over themselves to step-up and help out, now they want to pay their mortage with compensation from CPR for letting us borrow their stuff....I'm learning who the bad apples are & trying to stay away from them. There are still some people out there that want to help out but finding those individules with the materials that we need is getting tougher by the day.....

I wish I had one to send you. I have NOS Jungle Lord playfields if you ever get that deep into the project. The glass is much needed along with Pharaoh. I will order my Bad Cats plastics tonight.
    Thanks.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks for all your work. There will be alot of revived machine with these playfields and plastics.
    I am curious if you are currently working on Bally Wizard Playfield, and if so, how far along is the artwork?

#43 10 years ago

PPS already did the Wizard! Playfield so CPR has no plans to do it since it's already been done....

Quoted from boogies:

I am curious if you are currently working on Bally Wizard Playfield

#44 10 years ago

any chance of Getaway plastics

#45 10 years ago

Awesome work!! One of my favorite backglasses!! Any word on a Earthshaker playfield to finish the trifecta.

#46 10 years ago

congratulation!!very nice!! i m waiting for plastic set of dungeons and dragons.i love this game!!

#47 10 years ago

Thanks Stu!!! We have a nice Skateball that is more wood than art, so i'll definitely need a playfield.....

#48 10 years ago

Man, I just dropped all that coin for the Paragon backglass, and now I've got to send you guys more too!! Oh well, I need those Bad Cats plastics

Thanks so much for all the work! I've dabbled in graphic arts and printing, but can't imagine the work level that it takes for you to do what you do!

#49 10 years ago

Awesome work, Stu!

#50 10 years ago

I still think you guys should charge more for some of the more in demand playfields.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/artwork-completion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.