P3010021 (resized).JPG
P3010017 (resized).JPG
PA270138 (resized).JPG
PA270137 (resized).JPG
PA270136 (resized).JPG
PA270135 (resized).JPG
PA270134 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

54 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 2020 photos of what’s left of Gene’s place. Posted by dudah (3 years ago)

Post #8 Dougram’s first installment of their part of Gene’s story. Posted by dougram69 (3 years ago)

Post #14 Dougram part 2 Posted by dougram69 (3 years ago)

Post #19 Link to an article about the history of Big Bang Bar. Posted by WODKA (3 years ago)

Post #28 Dougram part 3- some inventory arrives. Posted by dougram69 (3 years ago)

Post #83 Link to TOPcast episode 11, interview with Gene. Posted by wallybgood (3 years ago)

Post #87 Dougram part 5- musing about Atlas memories. Posted by dougram69 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustEverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 3 years ago

I'm still very new to pinball, I have to say this is the best thread I've ever read on Pinside. I have a friend with a BBB, and the first time I played it I had only been into pinball for about a year. I had no idea what it was, and he told me the story. It's great to see the pictures and hear the stories behind such a unique character. Thanks to everyone for sharing!

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I've never heard a source of what Gene paid for Capcom's inventory... But I don't understand why they would take the loss in the LLC setup just to do BBB - where they really have no taxable property or gains to offset... vs the IPB entity.

They were both likely passthrough entities anyway all taxed at his personal level. Both would have been active, therefore any losses and offset against each other.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

But would it be a Capcom or a WMS BBB?
- Almost certainly not going to use Capcom boards - we'll get emulation
- Capcom flipper mechs? Probably not, they do not exist in quantity... will get standard WMS/CGC mechs
- Cabinet build, will we get Capcom playfield lift, backbox speaker enclosures, etc?
Will be interesting to see the re-remake if it happens. Unless it comes with a software upgrade, I have no interest in it. I played the hell out of my #112 before selling to a very nice European fella, and have little interest in playing it again. Beautiful looker but very mediocre gameplay.

I love the pf layout, but the code is super shallow. I've always hoped someone would do something similar to Cactus Canyon Continued for BBB.

#451 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Seems to me the major factor in the desirability of BBB is its exclusiveness, play wise seems to be no big shakes.
Unless they update the rules I don't see a pile of them running out the door as the exclusivity is gone.
Polish and balance the rules, add a color DMD and it might give it some legs.
Parties of the originals will be happy as will folks buying the 2.0 version.

Color DMD is available for BBB. The BBB I've played a few times has color dmd, and it looks great!

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Interesting question.
I was never aware of any engineering sample games at all. Never even heard of any being discussed, sold or re-sold over the years. That's a question better suited for Dougram69 or someone more deeply involved in production to answer. I'd like to know as well but I can only speculate there might not be any.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm curious about the different styles of tube returns on the left side. The BBB I've seen has the neon green with the orange rings around it, but in the thread I've seen another style that doesn't have the orange rings. I've always thought that ball return was awesome looking, but when it's missing the orange rings it's kind of lackluster.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustEverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/artifacts-of-gene-cunningham-illinois-pinball?tu=JustEverett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.