P3010021 (resized).JPG
P3010017 (resized).JPG
PA270138 (resized).JPG
PA270137 (resized).JPG
PA270136 (resized).JPG
PA270135 (resized).JPG
PA270134 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

54 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 695 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

I thought they were removed because of ball hang ups on the ramp.

Don't see how that could have been possible as the rings and tube are under the ramp. Maybe they had a different design at one point or you're thinking of something else?

BTW. The orange plastics on the tube dancer was a part of the ring kit mod.

image-19 (resized).jpgimage-19 (resized).jpg

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Don't see how that could have been possible as the rings and tube are under the ramp. Maybe they had a different design at one point or you're thinking of something else?
BTW. The orange plastic on the tube dancer was a part of the ring kit mod.
[quoted image]

The only issue I remember is that airballs off of the ramp would potentially hang a ball there indefinitely (with the ball sitting on top of the tube and between two of the rings). Definitely no concern under the ramp, even with "tubular flaccidity"

That said, the rings look badass.

#503 3 years ago

Upvote for use of Tubular Flaccidity in a post.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

The only issue I remember is that airballs off of the ramp would potentially hang a ball there indefinitely (with the ball sitting on top of the tube and between two of the rings). Definitely no concern under the ramp, even with "tubular flaccidity"
That said, the rings look badass.

Correct, I was referring to the tube as a “ramp”, balls hung up there would have been a big problem.

#506 3 years ago

Kerry Stair would have a ton of Info

#507 3 years ago

This is a great thread! I have already purchased and watched the pins and vids documentary on this but this thread has added a lot of info. I understand it brings back a lot of good and bad times that people endured but thank you for sharing it with the community! Keep it coming!!

#508 3 years ago

Some highlights about Gene's game to watch out for beyond the white pop bumper insert and #001 plaque number.

The serial numbers were impression stamped on the front of the playfield. Disregard the ink stamp and look closely. Matching serial numbers also stamped on the cabinet head and body where they meet. See picture.

Gene's tube dancer in his game was blonde and flesh toned. He told me 10 blonde tube dancers, mounted in a trophy case were made and given away as gifts. Pictured is the one Gene and Georgie gave me.

Unrelated reproduction tube dancers were made a couple of years ago and in a variety of colors. There's a Pinside thread about those.
1 image-B23 (resized).jpg1 image-B23 (resized).jpg2 image-B22 (resized).jpg2 image-B22 (resized).jpg

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Feel like Dave was his lawyer's name but not 100% on that. Would have to look it up.

You got my attention with your comment following the for sale announcement. I have always assumed that Planetary Pinball got Gene's personal game as a part of the bankruptcy. Obviously my assumption is now wrong.
I find it odd for him to have sold his unique game as it was very personal to him.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You got my attention with your comment following the for sale announcement. I have always assumed that Planetary Pinball got Gene's personal game as a part of the bankruptcy. Obviously my assumption is now wrong.
I find it odd for him to have sold his unique game as it was very personal to him.

Not surprised at all, it would have been seized and auctioned off if still in his possession correct?

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Gene's tube dancer was blonde and flesh toned. He told me only 10 blonde tube dancers were made. The others were mounted and given away as gifts. Pictured is the one Gene and Georgie gave me

Can you be more specific? I have a genuine NOS IPB blonde tube dancer (along with a green one). I'm pretty sure at some point they were available for people to order as spare parts (along with the tubes, ramps, etc). I ordered and received one of each. I can't imagine I have one of only 10?

Mine isn't mounted to anything, it's in a clear bag like the green one, ready to be installed into a game. Will get pics when back home.

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I can't imagine I have one of only 10?

My friend who bought a Gene BBB ordered 2 extra green and 2 blonde tube dancers with his game. He told me that he installed the blonde in the game when it was new and put the original green dancer in a bag inside the cabinet for the next person who bought the game. He later sold the 2 extra green and blonde on eBay years ago. I think Gene sold extra green and blonde figures for around $40-$50 back then.

#513 3 years ago

So I was contacted off Pinside and asked to comment on this thread. I'm a bit confused in what I should say. Here's why. I admired Gene. I really liked him and his passion for Pinball and his desire to be remembered fondly. And there's no denying that he built almost 200 BBBs. But (you knew this was coming), he really screwed most of the people he was in business with at one time or another. He also made bad business decisions that came back to haunt him in the end. Those are both facts so I don't want anyone to think I'm speaking ill of the dead. Anything that happened bad to him (with the exception of the fire) was of his doing. He was also a great father and grandfather who loved his family and did the best he could to make their lives easy. And personally, he never did anything to hurt or defraud me.

I owned a BBB. I made a documentary about the game and him and showed him in the positive light he deserved because of the challenges he defeated. I know so many positive and negative things about him that I think it's best that I don't say much more. I do know that I'll miss him and he made a difference in my life for sure.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I think Gene sold extra green and blonde figures for around $40-$50 back then.

Yeah that sounds familiar. I think there was only one run, so you got one shot at ordering them.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Feel like Dave was his lawyer's name but not 100% on that. Would have to look it up.

Jonathan Backman represented Gene at one point. He also had someone named Tim F. do some stuff for him. I know Tim was into arcades.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Can you be more specific? I have a genuine NOS IPB blonde tube dancer (along with a green one). I'm pretty sure at some point they were available for people to order as spare parts (along with the tubes, ramps, etc). I ordered and received one of each. I can't imagine I have one of only 10?
Mine isn't mounted to anything, it's in a clear bag like the green one, ready to be installed into a game. Will get pics when back home.

Gene told me only ten were made and that's from reviewing the notes I submitted to IPDB back in 2007. Unless he meant only 10 made in the trophy case, that's all I can tell ya.

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I owned a BBB. I made a documentary about the game and him and showed him in the positive light he deserved because of the challenges he defeated. I know so many positive and negative things about him that I think it's best that I don't say much more. I do know that I'll miss him and he made a difference in my life for sure.

Which documentary? Where can I view it? This is utterly fascinating to me. I knew of Gene and BBB, but wasn't into the "scene" then like I am now, and only hear bits and pieces of things from folks at shows, tournaments, etc.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Gene told me only ten were made and that's from reviewing the notes I submitted to IPDB back in 2007. Unless he meant only 10 made in the trophy case, that's all I can tell ya.

I'm going to assume only 10 trophy case dancers, since it looks like they were individually addressed and signed. Looks very cool.

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Which documentary? Where can I view it? This is utterly fascinating to me. I knew of Gene and BBB, but wasn't into the "scene" then like I am now, and only hear bits and pieces of things from folks at shows, tournaments, etc.

http://www.pinsandvids.com/our-videos/

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

We still sell it at http://www.pinsandvids.com - It's "Pins and Vids Episode III, Revenge of the Myth". We re-released it a couple of years ago but it was originally released in 2006 I think...

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm going to assume only 10 trophy case dancers, since it looks like they were individually addressed and signed. Looks very cool.

Yeah me too in light of all of this. Good discussion.

#523 3 years ago

By the way - I still have an old school BBB Website up at http://www.bbbpictures.com .

#524 3 years ago

Here are a few more things I remember:

Gene told me that when he bought the Capcom inventory, someone at Capcom loaded up a truck full of metal ramps, including the ramps intended for the production of BBB. The ramps were sold as scrap metal just before he bought the inventory.

There were two versions of the Capcom board set. 106 and 109. As mentioned earlier in this thread, there was a security chip that could not be reverse-engineered. Gene had located the original programmer of the chip, who was willing to help if he would be paid. Either Gene didn't want to pay, or he pissed the guy off and he didn't want to help anymore.

I asked Gene why he was so persistent in using the original Capcom board set, instead of designing a new board set, or simulator. The main reason was that Gene believed the game would be less desirable if it would run on a different system. But more importantly, Gene wanted to sell Capcom parts. If he would use another board set, he'd be stuck Capcom parts that would not be in demand. Gene was expecting a big demand for Capcom parts.

Due to the RoHS regulation changing, the European games were shipped ahead. They arrived a year before the U.S. games were delivered or picked up. I helped with importing the European games and as such I consider my BBB the first BBB to be unboxed in Europe.

At some point, Gene and the Bearcave guys looked at making the orange rings for the tube ramp. One of the problems with the ramp is that it has a switch riveted to it, which would have to be taken off and later put back. It also turned out to be difficult to position the orange rings properly, in a way that they wouldn't move from vibrations during gameplay.

The rotation of the tube dancer motor is crucial. If the motor spins the other direction, it acts as a screw and ruins the tube dancer doll.

I remember talking to Gene was after I started publishing Pinball Magazine. I think I gave Gene a copy of PM01 at his sideshow during Expo. He looked at it and said that I should have put a hardcover on it, so I could charge $20 more for the same content.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Jonathan Backman represented Gene at one point. He also had someone named Tim F. do some stuff for him. I know Tim was into arcades.

When my dealings with Gene went South, and he started the "I am going to call me lawyer on you", he was using Tim to represent him. Nothing ever came out of it once Tim took my statement. He said it was just Gene being Gene. At the point my relationship with Gene stopped.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I gave Gene a copy of PM01 at his sideshow during Expo. He looked at it and said that I should have put a hardcover on it, so I could charge $20 more for the same content.

I would agree for a different reason. The book should be in hardcover because it deserves to be. I would buy all hc releases, reprint in hc. I'm there as well.

Basically, I'm a collector and a reader. It deserves h c. My opinion. I'm the guy on the left... I have met you at shows. The magazine rocks.

Great job.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#527 3 years ago

special Big Bang bar issue?

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

... I know so many positive and negative things about him that I think it's best that I don't say much more.

Totally agree. I was contacted by a person about 2-3 years ago that was writing a story on Gene and BBB. He wanted my story. I told him that I did not want to go on the record about my dealings with Gene so I declined the interview.

#529 3 years ago

I bought a MB prototype that was supposedly Gene's. It came from that area for a low key collector that new him well. It was supposedly prototype #2. I sold it shortly after I acquired because rumor was the remakes were coming out. He also supposedly had Gene's BBB #000. I had no reason to doubt him.

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Tim Fife was into arcades and pinball skulduggery. He ended up in the center of the SkitB controversy when it was revealed he held the production Predator machine. Tim might have held the Experts of Dangerous cabinet too. As he whispered sweet nothings into the CONman’s (Kevin Kulek’s) ear, Tim ended up with the Predator pin and was sued for it in the Kulek’s bankruptcy case and won. Somewhere during this timeframe he traded the one-of-a-kind Predator for a JJPOTC CE. Mentioning Tim’s Predator pinball story here because of the crossover and his ownership of Gene’s prototype BBBr. He may have held as many as three BBBr prototypes at one time.

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I bought a MB prototype that was supposedly Gene's. It came from that area for a low key collector that new him well. It was supposedly prototype #2. I sold it shortly after I acquired because rumor was the remakes were coming out. He also supposedly had Gene's BBB #000. I had no reason to doubt him.

Raising Frank ramp?

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Tim Fife was into arcades and pinball skulduggery. He ended up in the center of the SkitB controversy when it was revealed he held the production Predator machine. Tim might have held the Experts of Dangerous cabinet too. As he whispered sweet nothings into the CONman’s (Kevin Kulek’s) ear, Tim ended up with the Predator pin and was sued for it in the Kulek’s bankruptcy case and won. Somewhere during this timeframe he traded the one-of-a-kind Predator for a JJPOTC CE. Mentioning Tim’s Predator pinball story here because of the crossover and his ownership of Gene’s prototype BBBr. He may have held as many as three BBBr prototypes at one time.

Nah. This Tim’s last name was Frealich? Not sure on the spelling.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Good memory. The chip you're referring to is U16 on the main CPU board which is a fused FPGA. From extensive reverse engineering for Kingpin, this acts like a multiplexing chip and handled various DMD and matrix strobing operations so that the CPU had more free interrupt space to do "fun" things.
The fuse prevents you from being able to dump the FPGA contents, which makes reproduction a significant pain. At this point, it's much easier to just reimplement its behavior by looking at its inputs/outputs and replicating its functionality based on the operational theory that we know about what it talks to.
Of course, I have time and retrospect on my side. Given where Gene was at in 2006 and the lack of technical resources, it would've been very very difficult.

Yep. When I bought my pinball magic it had a bad U16. Let me tell you, sourcing a replacement was not an easy task. In my research for this quest I learned a lot about the struggles trying to repro that chip and how it caused so many headaches for BBB remakes and why Kingpin never got off the ground.

This thread is amazing. Thank you all who have contributed.

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

someone at Capcom loaded up a truck full of metal ramps, including the ramps intended for the production of BBB.

This makes me sick . I need the two larger wire ramps .

#535 3 years ago

This is a historically important and interesting thread here. While the consensus was that Gene wasn't a great person to do business with, thanks to all who dropped their memories of an insanely weird and interesting moment in pinball history. No sense in speaking Ill of the dead, and best regards to Gene and his family. I'd have absolutely loved to hang around during the good years, and maybe the bad.

#536 3 years ago

Late to this thread but I'll share what I have.

At one point I was trying to take a picture of every Williams backglass ever, for a poster for Williams (another long story all in itself) and someone turned me on to Gene as a nearby-ish big collector. I called him up and visited him a couple of time in the 1998 time frame. Here are some non-backglass pictures I took during one of those visits. As everyone has said, not a single game was plugged in (even though he bragged of 400A service to the building, and there were lots of outlets everywhere), and most didn't even look playable. In addition to the areas pictured, with games at least set up on legs, he had danker areas with games stacked like cordwood and leaking roofs above them.

Duncan

Bally_Twin_Wins_edit (resized).jpgBally_Twin_Wins_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_0_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_0_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_1_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_1_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_2_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_2_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_3_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_3_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_4_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_4_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_Bally_Fireballs_edit (resized).jpgCollection_Gene_Cunningham_Bally_Fireballs_edit (resized).jpg
#537 3 years ago

Not too long after Williams suddenly shut down in late 1999, I got a call from Gene who said he was interested in buying the company and restarting pinball production, and would any of us be interested in helping him do that? Heck yeah! I told everyone about this nutty filthy-rich pinball collector in Bloomington and a whole squad of us loaded up in cars one weekend morning and drove the 3 hours down to Bloomington. We met at his house, he gave us a quick tour, then we got to the business at hand.

We had visions of a rich angel investor. What Gene was offering instead was the "opportunity" for each of us to pony up $100K-$200K to invest in a company that he'd own, and oh yeah there was lots of cheap commercial real estate in the Bloomington area, so that's where it would be located.

Needless to say, nobody was even slightly interested in having this yokel run a pinball company paid for with our money, money most of us didn't even have because we were, you know, recently laid off from our longtime jobs, all while commuting to or uprooting and moving to Bloomington. A much less excited group of people made the return trip.

A few of years later, after he had purchased all the Williams stuff, I visited him again. I hadn't had the chance to take any picture of Wizard Blocks while working on it at Williams, because it had gone from working flat-out trying to get it done, to goodbye you're all fired. So I took a few pictures of what he had, which I will attach here.

Oh also, as to the Pinball Vault stuff - that appears to be the last stuff that Williams cleared out of the Engineering Drawing room when they sold the Waukegan plant a few years ago. When they did, they simply packed it all up and sent it to Planetary in Reno. I guess Rick made a deal with the vault guy to resell it. So it's not something Gene ever had, which is why it's showing up now, and had nothing to do with Gene's bankruptcy.

Duncan

Bally_Wizard_Blocks_0_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_0_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_1_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_1_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_2_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_2_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_3_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_3_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_4_edit (resized).jpgBally_Wizard_Blocks_4_edit (resized).jpg
#538 3 years ago

I thought people might want to see this artifact I drug up...

370A295B-0B18-4B3B-93A4-75E15C8EDDAF (resized).jpeg370A295B-0B18-4B3B-93A4-75E15C8EDDAF (resized).jpeg
#539 3 years ago

I was with IPB back in 2006 during a business trip in US. Driving all the way from Chicago to Bloomington. Saw the collection with the P2000 protos and the building of BBB.

Tons of B/W parts, mouldings etc. so I was thinking: if somebody could start a production of spare parts, the could make big money, but Gene just seemed to me just proud to have all these things and not really interested in going into big business with reproduction. These would have required skilled people and not just family business i saw there.

I was already collecting Capcom Pins back from 2004 as they were fun to play and cheap in Europe as the spare parts situation with Capcom was not good at that time. And i was always fascinated of BBB, "the holy grail of pinball", a lot of people said.

As Gene announced the remake at Pinball Expo for USD 4500, i needed money for other things, and when i asked Gene during my visit how much he wants for a machine (as some people stepped back from the pre-orders), the told me USD 10000, which was even more way out of my budget.

But I had a good relationship with Kim and was able to order some BBB stuff, an unpopulated playfield, cabinet art, a tube dancer, etc. I met Gene a second time during Expo 2013, when he had his sale a few miles from the Expo Hotel. There, i was able to buy a fully populated BBB main ramp for USD 100 from him.

Only 2 pics attached, as the collection pics have already been posted and mine look the same. Me in the middle between Gene and one of his helpers, called The Other Guy (TOG). I have been told by him, that he has the records which playfield number is in which cabinet (as they do not match, except the first few ones) and the P2000 line-up.

Regarding the exact numbers of BBBs which have been produced by IPB: as far as i know, there is a "regular" run from #1 to #193 or 196 (??? - correct me if wrong), and as there were some playfields, cabinets and parts left, 16 machines have been made afterwards, starting with EXPP#1 to EXPP#16 - this was the last BBB which have been produced. This last one has been imported to Europe. It has a plague "the last one produced", signed by Gene. (Pic attached)

Anyone around who has EXPP#1 to EXPP#15? This would be interesting to confirm the story.

P7220059 (resized).JPGP7220059 (resized).JPGP7220066-2 (resized).jpgP7220066-2 (resized).jpgbbb6 (resized).JPGbbb6 (resized).JPG
#540 3 years ago

Really enjoyed this thread and info.... figured I'd give it a bump as it's kinda went dormant. Wld love to see more pics and videos ... the ones whysnow posted wldnt work for me.

#541 3 years ago

Gonna post some more “I remember when” with Gene. Just been busy.

Thanks
Dougram

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBertl:

Gene and one of his helpers, called The Other Guy (TOG)....16 machines have been made afterwards. Anyone around who has EXPP#1 to EXPP#15?

TOG is 'Fred'. He is a nice guy. Every time I was at IPB, Fred was always very helpful and great to deal with. EXPP games were the EXTRA PART games. The problem with the EXPP games is that they were made with the left over parts. Most of these parts were the parts that got put back on the shelf due to being rejected initially when the main batch of games were being made. They might have more flaws in the playfields than the non-EXPP games, flawed plastics, rejected cabinets, etc. Some of the EXPP games had Capcom CPU boards that initially did not work and had to be repaired or used CPU boards that were pulled out of used Capcom games (like Pinball Magic). Two of the used CPU boards came from my stash and were given (traded) with Gene. One day I need to write a book about my IPB experiences, being sued by Gene and my involvement with BBB.

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I would like to know how much actual inventory was brought to Gene concerning Pinball Circus? I know in the past some items were sold on Bay Area Amusements as I bought one of the magician like characters.
They speak of 3 Pinball Circuses and I'm sure there had to be a fair share ( not a tremendous amount)of parts, cabs, playfields etc...
Were those just shelved and forgotten about or did Williams tend to fill their dumpster faster than normal, similair to when they bought Bally out and donated a ton of inventory to the dump.?

Running this by again about PinBall Circus . Did IPB recieve any of the parts?

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Running this by again about PinBall Circus . Did IPB recieve any of the parts?

Yes. I remember seeing some boxes of the playfield figures (the 3D plastic parts) and some extra marquees.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from dougram69:

Gonna post some more “I remember when” with Gene. Just been busy.
Thanks
Dougram

looking forward to it

#546 3 years ago

This is the thread that keeps on giving. Thanks to all for the very interesting stories and history.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

TOG is 'Fred'. He is a nice guy.

Perhaps it was addressed before, but can anyone explain to me why "The Other Guy" is always talking behind a cardboard mask in the Pins and Vids episode about BBB? Reminds me of the neighbor Wilson in Home Improvement.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Perhaps it was addressed before, but can anyone explain to me why "The Other Guy" is always talking behind a cardboard mask in the Pins and Vids episode about BBB? Reminds me of the neighbor Wilson in Home Improvement.

So many people talking behind masks now days too!

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Fred is a very nice guy indeed, met him two times, at IPB and once at Expo. He is not very public, as far as i understand. I do not want to put him on the spot if he does not agree.

#550 3 years ago

Gene spent a LOT of money on attorney fees.

Gene Cunningham
Illinois Pinball Company
1409 Butchers Lane
Bloomington, IL 61701-9512

Dear Mr. Cunningham,

May of this year, 2009, Pinball Inc. and your company Illinois Pinball Company willingly and knowingly entered into a legally binding agreement which Pinball Inc. purchased certain assets of Illinois Pinball Company. The assets which Pinball Inc purchased from Illinois Pinball Company listed in Schedule 2 of that agreement included:

ALL pinball parts inventory (including all populated playfields and partial pinball playfield plastics).
ALL tools and tooling used in manufacturing of pinball parts
ALL documents/engineering drawings and files related to pinball manufacturing.
ALL P2K (Pinball 2000) kits

To date Pinball Inc has met ALL it's obligations of the purchase agreement.

You and your company have breached this agreement by not fulfilling its obligations by refusing to turn over assets which Pinball Inc legally purchased.

In addition to the aforementioned breach, you have been and are actively selling the assets legally purchased by Pinball Inc and keeping 100% of the proceeds. This too is a direct breach of our agreement which clearly states that "any schedule 2 items sold or shipped by IPB will be processed through Pinball Inc and IPB will receive 25% commission for the sales." We have video and photo evidence to support this claim.

In addition, against the will of Pinball Inc., you are actively using tooling which was legally purchased by Pinball Inc to manufacture pinball parts. You have been actively selling the parts made using tooling which were legally purchased by Pinball Inc. and keeping 100% of the proceeds. We have video and photo evidence to support this claim.

Because you are in breach of our agreement you are hereby notified that you must cease and desist using the tooling or allowing any other party to use the tooling listed in Schedule 2 of the agreement to manufacture pinball parts for pinball machines.

You must cease and desist the selling of ALL parts inventory listed in Schedule 2 of the agreement.

If you do not cease and desist selling the assets which were legally purchased by Pinball Inc without any intentions of compensation to Pinball Inc. you can find yourself in a position of being found criminally liable of theft, theft of conversation and larceny to Pinball Inc. Any possible claims whether civil or criminal will be pursued vigorously.

To fulfill your obligations to agreement we demand that you immediately turn over ALL assets which Pinball Inc. legally purchased. These assets include but may not be limited to the following:

1. All Injection tools which by agreement includes all tooling for the manufacturing of pinball machine parts. This includes tooling to make inserts. (as per line #4 in Schedule 2)

2. All Metal die tools and any additional Metal die tools. (as per line #4 in Schedule 2)

3. All fixtures and test fixtures including Capcom test fixtures and Pinball 2000 test fixtures. (as per line #6 in Schedule 2)

4. All pinball parts inventory, including ALL Capcom and "Show" inventory. (as per line #1 in Schedule 2)

5. All shop equipment. Including all riveting tooling. (as per line #6 in Schedule 2)

6. All documents/engineering drawings and files. These include ALL files (including all film files) and ALL drawings including but not limited to ALL playfield files and drawings, ALL cabinet files and drawings, ALL backglass files and drawings, ALL plastic set files and drawings and ALL translight files and drawings. (as per line #5 in Schedule 2)

7. All populated playfields and Pinball 2000 kits including all Pinball 2000 Wizard Block Playfields/kits and Pinball 2000 Playboy playfields/kits. (as per line #1 and #2 in Schedule 2)

8. Proceeds for the sale of goods listed in Schedule 2 must be turned over to Pinball Inc. minus 25% for commission.

Unless these demands are met, the agreement shall be considered breached by Illinois Pinball Company and Pinball Inc. will not be under any further obligations pursuant the agreement.

We have researched and found that the company Pinball Manufacturing was dissolved and have no assets. All assets were inherited by Illinois Pinball Company as Illinois Pinball Company has and is selling the assets and keeping the proceeds. An audit of Illinois Pinball Company will clearly show this to be true. We have video and photo evidence that you are currently selling these assets as the assets belonging to Illinois Pinball Company. Your claim to "hide" assets using PMI is considered fraudulent.

As a show of good faith Pinball Inc. will make a one time offer to resolve this matter. The offer is as follows:

1. Illinois Pinball Company will be allowed to keep all pinball parts currently in its possession. This will include all P2K kits and other playfields currently in Illinois Pinball Company possession.

2. Illinois Pinball Company will be allowed to keep all proceeds from the previous sales Illinois Pinball has made of items listed in Schedule 2 of our agreement.

3. Illinois Pinball Company will be allowed to use the injection tooling which is used to manufacture pinball playfield inserts. The rightful owner of the tooling will be Pinball Inc. but Illinois Pinball Company will have a non compensated lifetime used of the tooling.

4. Illinois Pinball Company will be allowed to keep all films, documents, engineering drawings used in the manufacturing of pinball playfields, pinball playfield plastic sets, pinball backglasses and pinball translights. The ownership of these materials will be transferred back to Illinois Pinball Company.

5. Illinois Pinball Company will be allowed to keep the Capcom test fixture in its possession.

6. Illinois Pinball Company will turn over all other assets listed in Schedule 2 of the agreement to Pinball Inc. These include:

a. All tools and tooling used in the manufacturing of pinball parts (excluding #3).
b. All remaining documents/engineering drawings and files related to pinball manufacturing (minus items listed at #4).
c. All riveting tools.

7. Upon acceptance of this proposal and the exchange of the listed items Illinois Pinball Company will be excused from any monetary or capital obligations to Pinball Inc. pursuant to the original agreement.

8. Upon acceptance of this proposal and the exchange of the listed items Pinball Inc will be excused from any monetary or capital obligations to Illinois Pinball Company pursuant to the original agreement.

This offer is a one time offer and it will expire at midnight December 11, 2009. If this offer is not accepted or responded to at that time then Pinball Inc will take all measures possible to obtain its legally owned property and pursue compensation for damages.

Unless or until this offer is accepted the cease and desist demands previously stated will stand.

Sincerely,

James Loflin
Pinball Inc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
There are 695 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/artifacts-of-gene-cunningham-illinois-pinball/page/11?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.