(Topic ID: 266747)

Arnold or Stallone, who has the better movie catalog?

By no-extra-balls

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rager170
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Arnold or Stallone”

• Arnold 126 votes
      69%
    • Stallone 57 votes
      31%

(183 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

StalloneCoke.jpg
    F247CFD1-2E2B-477C-B6DC-D0F3CB147ACB (resized).jpeg
    italian_stallion_-_1970_-_movie_poster_small (resized).jpg
    schwarzenegger_pot_2 (resized).jpg
    866968BB-BCE7-4678-9EA0-E090B219037A (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

Stuck at home watching movies, caught myself changing channels between Rambo (1st reboot) and Total Recall.
    Poses the question: stuck at home with only one complete movie catalog to choose from, who do you watch?

Just off the top of my head,

Rambo series
    Rocky series (including Creeds)
    Daylight
    Stop or my mom will shoot
    Assassin
    Tango and cash
    Demolition man
    Cliffhanger
    Cobra
    Judge dredd
    Escape plan
    Rhinestone

Vs

Terminator series
    Predator
    True lies
    Total recall
    Eraser
    Last stand
    Last action hero
    Commando
    Jingle all the way
    Kindergarten cop
    6th day
    Conan
    Running man
    Twins
    Red sonja

There are more films from both actors that I didnt mention.
    I would consider the Expendables franchise to be a Stallone film even though Arnie is in them

#2 4 years ago

This was easy one for me.
    Good poll on a slow Sunday.

#3 4 years ago

I’m going to say Stallone. I just watched the first and last Rambo movies quite good. Also Stallone in Lords of Flatbush.

The Rock has them both beat tho.

#4 4 years ago

Both are great!! Tough one but i picked Arnold! Terminator series is amazing and one of my favorites!

#5 4 years ago

They are both great, and overall I think Stallone has the edge. But neither of them can compare to Clint Eastwood.

#6 4 years ago

Rocky series, Rambo series, Cliffhanger.....Stallone by a nose....

#7 4 years ago

Gonna have to go with Stallone. I think Arnold has more overall 'hits' but the highs of Stallone's catalog far outweigh Arnold's.

#8 4 years ago

What about Over the Top for Stallone?

#9 4 years ago

Both have good series and some “WTH was that” movies.

If it was literally desert island choice (one actor’s movies or the other only), I have to go with Arnold so I can have access to Predator, Terminator and Conan.

#10 4 years ago

Stallone. Recently watched last blood and it was quite good. 2nd best in the Rambo series for me after 1st blood

#11 4 years ago

I like them both, and I really like how they take jabs at each other in their movies. I don’t remember which Arnold movie it was (Twins?) where he walked by a Rocky poster and chuckled. In Demolition Man, Stallone cracks up and makes some comment when Bullock tells him about the Schwarzenegger presidential library.

Overall, Arnold’s catalog is overall more entertaining to me, but Stallone is more epic and memorable with Rocky and Rambo series.

#12 4 years ago

The true answer is Nic Cage

866968BB-BCE7-4678-9EA0-E090B219037A (resized).jpeg866968BB-BCE7-4678-9EA0-E090B219037A (resized).jpeg
    #13 4 years ago

For Arnold you need to add Raw Deal, End of Days, Red Heat.

#14 4 years ago

It’s close but I’m going to have to go with Arnold. I just think his blockbusters have had a greater following/impact compared to Stallone’s. However, none of them can top the original Rocky. It’s a really close call between the two of them. Nice poll!

#15 4 years ago

gotta go with sly. he's made a comeback in recent years (apollo, rambo, the prison escaple movie with arnold) where arnold has had one bomb after another (other than the movie with sly). i like arnold and all, but like terminator movies..its over.

#16 4 years ago

Going Arnold. The only Sly movie in that list that I care about is Demo Man. (We could really use the 3 seashells right now)

#17 4 years ago

Don’t forget Arnold in Pumping Iron. I love that documentary

#18 4 years ago

I like both but Stallone has the edge. Remember, he doesn't just act(?) in his movies. He has a big hand behind the scenes as well

Maurizio

#19 4 years ago

Arnold!

There are some rocky freaks who will sway the polls but be realistic, there’s only one great rocky movie and a couple
    More entertaining ones.

Arnold just has more charm. And terminator / t2 / total recall seals it.

#20 4 years ago

Charles Bronson

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For Arnold you need to add Raw Deal, End of Days, Red Heat.

And Pumping Iron.

schwarzenegger_pot_2 (resized).jpgschwarzenegger_pot_2 (resized).jpg
    #22 4 years ago

I'm going to have to go with Arnold even though Stallone has been killing it recently really enjoyed Last Blood.

#23 4 years ago

Its really Terminator/Predator versus Rocky/Rambo.....tough choice...coin flip in my book

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And Pumping Iron.[quoted image]

beat you to it

#25 4 years ago

Left out this one too.

italian_stallion_-_1970_-_movie_poster_small (resized).jpgitalian_stallion_-_1970_-_movie_poster_small (resized).jpg
    #26 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Its really Terminator/Predator versus Rocky/Rambo.....tough choice...coin flip in my book

Total recall seals the deal. It’s better than demolition man (which is a pretty fun movie but doesn’t reach that first tier).

#27 4 years ago

#28 4 years ago

#29 4 years ago

I'm going with Arnold!

#30 4 years ago

Gotta go with Arnold. The thick accent, the bad acting, the over the top action, the one liners - the guy has it all. Heck, he was even the governator. I would take a T2 over DM any day of the week and would be all for another Arnold pin of any sort. A Total Recall pin with new callouts from Arnold would be pretty sweet.

#31 4 years ago

Stallone.

#32 4 years ago

Arnold played Mr Freeze in one of the Batman movies .
    “Cool party!”
    “Chill out”

#34 4 years ago

I thought it would be closer.

Maybe the rocky freaks haven’t gotten wind of this poll yet!

#35 4 years ago

This is tuff but I give the edge to Stallone.

#36 4 years ago

It's like asking what tastes better....Coke or Pepsi?

#37 4 years ago

And the answer is.... You guessed it, Frank Stallone!

F247CFD1-2E2B-477C-B6DC-D0F3CB147ACB (resized).jpegF247CFD1-2E2B-477C-B6DC-D0F3CB147ACB (resized).jpeg
    #38 4 years ago

Stallone was great in T2.

#39 4 years ago

This is like Medieval Madness Vs. Attack from Mars. At first glance both are very similar but if you really spent time to look there are significant differences. They are iconic for their generation. They have highly devoted fans, that likely appreciate both but have a strong opinion favoring one over the other.

I choose MM and Arnold!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Coke all day long,and lets GET CARTER!!!

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from maur:

I like both but Stallone has the edge. Remember, he doesn't just act(?) in his movies. He has a big hand behind the scenes as well
    Maurizio

This is why I voted Sly, writing "Rocky" put him over the top for me (no pun intended)

Quoted from jawjaw:

Gotta go with Arnold. The thick accent, the bad acting, the over the top action, the one liners - the guy has it all. Heck, he was even the governator. I would take a T2 over DM any day of the week and would be all for another Arnold pin of any sort. A Total Recall pin with new callouts from Arnold would be pretty sweet.

And this is why I may be wrong to vote Stallone. Arnold's movies are just more fun.
    Arnold's movies seem to be full of better special effects than Stallone's
    Im a bit shocked that the poll is not closer but it looks like Arnie is running away with it.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Easy answer... Dr. Pepper! (which, FYI, was actually created BEFORE coca-cola).

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Coke all day long,and lets GET CARTER!!!

Quoted from robotron911:

Easy answer... Dr. Pepper! (which, FYI, was actually created BEFORE coca-cola).

The answer is obvious.

StalloneCoke.jpgStalloneCoke.jpg
    #44 3 years ago

the answer is on "their" pins list...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/movies-stars

#45 3 years ago

Arnold by a hair. I like Stallone but Arnold's films I find myself watching more than Sly's. Do I ever need to see Stop or My Mom Will Shoot, or Cliffhanger again?

No, but I sure as hell will watch The Running Man and End of Days because Arnold is entertaining has well. Plus Conan, Terminator, Total Recall, and especially Predator are all perfect films. Having said that, First Blood, Rocky III and Rambo IV are damn near perfect.

And a big nod to The Last Action Hero & Demolition Man, the most underrated of all their films.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from riggy469:

The true answer is Nic Cage[quoted image]

the only correct answer

#47 3 years ago

Both are amazing and made so many iconic films of my youth. I even enjoy laughing at their stinkers. But I'm going to give the win to Stallone. I think he has had the overall better career. Plus, Stallone wrote and directed several of his films, which is pretty amazing. And I have a soft spot for some of Stallone's lesser films like Oscar and Tango and Cash.

#48 3 years ago

the one that speaks English.....well,... better.
    yo Adrian.

#49 3 years ago

Arnold without any doubt.

#50 3 years ago

Thats a very tough decision. I went Stallone but I would have said equal.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arnold-or-stallone-who-has-the-better-movie-catalog?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.