5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jakar_Arm-wrestling (resized).jpg
9233515_1m (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I met a guy named Eric who was an arm wrestler, and turns out he also has written a great overview of arm wrestling arcade machines

ARMWRESTLING AMUSEMENT DEVICES: THE BEST MACHINES IN THE ARCADE
https://www.thearmwrestlingarchives.com/armwrestling-amusement-devices.html

also thought this might interest some of you:
ARMWRESTLING MATCHES IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING
https://www.thearmwrestlingarchives.com/armwrestling-matches-in-professional-wrestling.html

#2 5 years ago

They are pretty cool, seems like hey may be a huge liability these days with everyone being such a baby nowadays. lol

#3 5 years ago

I like that popeye one.

Unfortunately, none of those kinds of games ever appeared in my local arcades.

#4 5 years ago

I played Arm Champ 2 a few times. Pretty sure I played it at the All sports hotel in Disney world and Great Adventure in NJ back in the early to mid 90's. You could pick any of the opponents to take on. Lose and you either take them on again, or take on an easier opponent or game over (I'm not sure). But win and you only get to take on the next couple of opponents. So if you start with the easiest opponent you won't get to the last boss on 1 play even if you beat them all. The last boss Specks would say "no way" in a robot voice over and over again. And it would also do a strength test where it would use a skin of Specks to measure. Everyone would just use 2 hands to win. The foot print of this cabinet was about the size of one of those 2 screen X men arcade machines. Maybe a little smaller. Would be really cool in a giant arcade collection.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I like that popeye one.
Unfortunately, none of those kinds of games ever appeared in my local arcades.

That Popeye one is cool, seems like there's a lot of them out there this is the one I remember playing Mr. Muscle!

9233515_1m (resized).jpg9233515_1m (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

To me they are as cool as a fortune teller machine. It was my understanding the later wrestler type model was recalled. Probably people “pulling a muscle”

Would love one, but they are impossible to find and HUGE

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing, I appreciate the overview into niche novelty machines like these.

#8 5 years ago

Ha! The arcade that I visited last Thursday has one! The Polish 'Jakar Arm Wrestler'.

Didn't play it though. I was scared of los ... err ... breaking the machine!

*phew*

Jakar_Arm-wrestling (resized).jpgJakar_Arm-wrestling (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

I swear the arm wrestling machine I used to play at Showbiz had a dude wearing a cowboy hat.... I didn't see it on the list

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I swear the arm wrestling machine I used to play at Showbiz had a dude wearing a cowboy hat.... I didn't see it on the list

The very last entry called “The Western Look” has a machine with a cowboy. It doesn’t have a pic of the actual machine, just an advertisement.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/armwrestling-arcade-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.