• Latest reply 5 years ago by Brett-L
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

94C9CA4F-11B1-420F-A850-820BD4A14415 (resized).jpeg
E9B5F3AE-F82F-4C0A-ABA2-B1FAF23FE034 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi all, I purchased my first video game recently and was looking for some advice. There is a 15 watt 18” long bulb in the top part of the cabinent that was blown out when I bought it. I replaced it with the same type of bulb that was in there (not sure if it was the correct one of not) because as soon as the game was powered on, the bulb blew instantly. I looked around the net for info on what the correct wattage should be and came up empty. There is also what looks like to me a capacitor? Anyone know if a bad capacitor would cause this?

E9B5F3AE-F82F-4C0A-ABA2-B1FAF23FE034 (resized).jpegE9B5F3AE-F82F-4C0A-ABA2-B1FAF23FE034 (resized).jpeg

94C9CA4F-11B1-420F-A850-820BD4A14415 (resized).jpeg94C9CA4F-11B1-420F-A850-820BD4A14415 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

I'd get a new fixture in there. Under cabinet lights are cheap/ LED one and you never worry about it again.

Or you can dick around replacing the ballast/bulb/starter game.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Has a bad ballast.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd get a new fixture in there. Under cabinet lights are cheap/ LED one and you never worry about it again.
Or you can dick around replacing the ballast/bulb/starter game.

I’m all for replacing with an led instead of dicking around with it lol. I’ve bought from Marco for pin parts but do you know where I could purchase what I need? Thank you for your replies!

#5 5 years ago

I usually just replace em with a cheap $5 under cabinet light from walmart. Unless you have a valuable game you want to keep og it doesnt make sense replacing starters, ballasts, and bulbs.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

I’ve bought from Marco for pin parts but do you know where I could purchase what I need?

Home Depot.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks guys!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arkanoid-attraction-bulb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.