Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RRR3side (resized).jpg
    RRR3 Main (resized).jpg
    2017 Red River Replay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

If this title got your attention than please say hello. We are based in Shreveport/Bossier and have been meeting for about 6 months. We started with a few old friends and have now added several new friends. Our goals are small. A monthly get together/game night usually around the first Friday of each month. Family/kids are welcome to our game nights. If you have no pins or dozens, you are welcome if you love pinball.

Chris

#5 12 years ago

Thanks for the kind replies. I'm looking forward to finding new pinball friends. I see on the map that we have several local pinsiders.

#10 12 years ago

I have been to some of the DFW activities. Good stuff!

5 years later
    #11 6 years ago

Bump! (and update) December 17, 2017

To save redundant posting, most of the local activities have been folded into the Gulf Coast Pinball Club thread. I’ll post a link for the north LA area types that don’t follow that thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana

Pinball has taken a small foothold here in Noth LA over the last six years. There are several collectors in the Shreveport bossier area and one Operator, Charlie’s amusements. I’ve hosted a tournament, Red River Reply for the last two years in September. Two Shreveport competitors have qualified for the 2017 LA State Championship in January. This is part of the IFPA championship series.

For 2018, I plan to host a Winter tournament in Feb and the Red River Replay in September. In addition, I plan to start a league. All are welcome and I’m prepared to have modest beninnings. It would be great to have events in the surrounding areas. If you are not interested competition, feel welcome to come to a tournament and meet other players and enjoy Pinball.

There will be a new thread for the League with an accompanying Facebook page.
    ArkLaTex Pinball League
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arklatex-pinball-league#post-4128201

1 month later
    #13 6 years ago

Red River Replay 3 will be Feb 24, 2018 at my house in Shreveport.

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I just submitted the two tournaments to IFPA Calendar for Red River Replay III for Sat Feb 24, 2018 at Nevus's place in Shreveport, LA.
    Main tournament will be Single Elimination bracket with best of 5 game matches.
    Side tournament = Pin-Golf format, with 9-holes initial round + top 4 players in a 3-hole play-offs round + top 2 then in a 3-hole finals round.
    Event w/ basic descript for RRR3 has been created on Pinside in the Events section.
    Tournament descrips will be in more detail on IFPA Calendar once they get reviewed/approved by IFPA.
    Thanks Nevus for hosting another pinball party and tournaments.

Here is a pic taken from the Sep 2017 RRR event held at Nevus's.

2017 Red River Replay (resized).jpg2017 Red River Replay (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #14 6 years ago

One week to tournament!

3 months later
    #17 5 years ago

Howdy!

We have several threads that overlap. Our more prolific friends in South Louisiana are the Gulf Coast Pinball Club and to the West is the DFW Pinball community.

I try to keep this thread open to welcome new players to the area.

1 month later
    #18 5 years ago

Red River Replay 4 will be Saturday Sept 1, 2018 at my home in Shreveport.

One main and one side tournament.
    IFPA sanctioned event
    Tournament details coming soon from Mike V. It will be posted on the Pinside Calendar, the IFPA calendar and the ArkLaTex Pinball Club Facebook page.

I will provide brisket on the smoker, some snacks, water and sodas. Any other food is pot luck and always appreciated.
    BYOB

My main emphasis is fun! Please come and meet other players from our area and enjoy our hospitality. Beginners are welcome.

Duplicate post in the gulf coast pinball club thread.

RRR3 Main (resized).jpgRRR3 Main (resized).jpgRRR3side (resized).jpgRRR3side (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #19 5 years ago

Reminder

Tournament this weekend. Sat Sept 1st

Start time is 1:00 but the game room will be open by 11:00 for practice and socializing.

Trophies to be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as 1st place for the Pin golf.

I’m expecting a good time for all as usual.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ark-la-tex-pinball-club?tu=Nevus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.