Topic poll

“Which Foo Fighters did you purchase?”

• Foo Fighters Pro 51 votes
    28%
  • Foo Fighters Prem/LE 94 votes
    53%
  • I voted but do not own one yet. 34 votes
    19%

(Multiple choice - 179 votes by 160 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (8).gif
_111256397_060306797-1 (resized).jpg
20230508_155811 (resized).jpg
giphy (6).gif
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pro's are fun but premiums are always better, doesn't matter the game. The old "Pro's player faster" argument is a bit worn out, of course pro's play faster as there's less interactive items on them...

Guardians of the Galaxy will beg to differ.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Premium, not close.

You forgot to say, "and that's that."

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I have been debating to either get a pro or premium. This would be my first Stern.

Buy the one you can afford and think you will be happiest with. Both versions are great.

#54 1 year ago

Welcome to the Pepsi v. Coke challenge! Lol

#55 1 year ago

Now having owned a few games with upper playfields, I would never go down that route again. They're a gimmick and ruin the fun for me.

Having a playfield the size of a Tea Cup Plate to bash a ball around on is kinda silly for me.

Pro all the way with this title - Flow flow flow. Again it's personal choice!

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You forgot to say, "and that's that."

Premium, and it’s very close and that’s these. We’ll unless you don’t want to (or can’t) spend the extra money, then definitely the pro. That is, unless you like upper pfs, then go with the premium.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Pro all the way

I’ve always wondered what this phrase meant. I mean, of course “all the way” - you can’t go Pro part of the way.

I ordered a Premium, but I agree that one-flipper playfields are weird. I love the upper playfield GOT, that’s the right way to do it.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve always wondered what this phrase meant. I mean, of course “all the way” - you can’t go Pro part of the way.
I ordered a Premium, but I agree that one-flipper playfields are weird. I love the upper playfield GOT, that’s the right way to do it.

Yeah WOZ GnR CE was weird.. All that real estate and time wasted trying to bash a ball on such a small area. I want fast fun pinball..

This is my first NIB purchase of a pro. Always gone down the LE route but i feel I've made the right decision on FF.

#59 1 year ago

No dog in the FF "fight" as I have no real desire or plans to buy the game.

That said, I prefer full featured games. FF is no exception - I'd buy a Premium/LE for home enjoyment and leave Pros to operators for putting on route.

#60 1 year ago

If the playfields were exactly the same I'd probably still go for a premium simply to get the vacuum molded toys as opposed to a flat piece of plastic with a picture on it.

#61 1 year ago

I don't usually like upper playfields but I like this one a lot. It actually takes skill to get the shots and doing it during multiball is nuts.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Welcome to the Pepsi v. Coke challenge! Lol

More Coke and Coke Zero

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

More Coke and Coke Zero

Which is funny because I know people who prefer the taste of Coke Zero. To each their own!

#64 1 year ago

I ordered a pro, and I'm not planning on doing anything to make it like the premium. I'm not a big fan of upper playfields and sculpts mean almost zero to me.

At MGC I played the pro about a dozen times and never even tried the premium.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I ordered a pro, and I'm not planning on doing anything to make it like the premium

See, this here makes sense. I never got the whole “promium” thing, never wanted a projector for my STH or spinners for Metallica. Let the Pro be a Pro!

#66 1 year ago

I almost always prefer Pros, but the one "promium" thing I'd do is replace flat standups with real figures or objects. Like the Thanos gauntlet or Mechagodzilla. I'm not sure if Foo Fighters has anything like that.

#67 1 year ago

Ordered a pro because screw magnets
I want. The shiniest balls on the block.

#68 1 year ago

Pro baby!
Best art package by far.
Every upper playfield gets boring after a few dozen games.
Magnet and sculpts are useless.
Only real missing is the deadsave post.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Which is funny because I know people who prefer the taste of Coke Zero. To each their own!

Have you guys tried Pepsi Zero? They reformulated it and I think it tastes really good now!

#70 1 year ago
giphy (8).gifgiphy (8).gif
#71 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Guardians of the Galaxy will beg to differ.

Well damn, you got me there lol. Can’t argue with how terrible those Groot arms are.

#72 1 year ago

FF Pro or Premium?-How about neither

Can't get myself to like hipster dadrock so I went with a proven-Iron Maiden Pro from last production run

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Can't get myself to like hipster dadrock so I went with a proven-Iron Maiden Pro from last production run

Great game choice!

Should have got a Premium though.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So you went hipster dadmetal instead? Cool.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

So you went hipster dadmetal instead? Cool.

Yes I prefer classic grandpa rock over soccer mom heavy metal

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I prefer classic grandpa rock over soccer mom heavy metal

lol! Love it! You took that in the spirit it was intended .

The pro is the way to go on IMDN imo, loved my premium, but if I had it back I'd go pro in a heartbeat, the sarcophagus lock and lift ramp slow down an amazing game too much for my liking.

#77 1 year ago

I have two pros that I went with because the premium just wasn't worth it. GOTG and TMNT. First-I love the themes. Second- The art was better JMHO. Third- Gameplay was mostly the exact same.

Pros definitely have their place. However, when the Premiums are the original design from the designer + gameplay is different, I have to fork out the money if I can afford it. I.e. Foo Fighters, SW, Mando, JP, Deadpool. etc.

#78 1 year ago

I think there were a few Stern games - Avatar and Rolling Stones? - where the LE included a PowerBall. That would be a cool feature to bring back.

2 weeks later
#79 1 year ago

Prem hit the top 100 this week I guess. Took FF from 12 to 2. The gap between Pro and Prem is almost as big as GZ... Did not expect that! for sure it could change...just making an observation

#80 1 year ago

The Deadpost brings a grin to my face every time I get to use it. Such a simple mech that really adds fun to this game. The upper PF looks like it should be easier than it is, but it is fairly hard to string together a bunch of consecutive loops with that little flipper. This is my only premium game so far.

#81 1 year ago

Agreed. Stern should patten the dead post and put it in every premium from now on. Mine works perfect.

2 months later
#82 10 months ago

the up post has been around for fifty years , and it was better in the middle

#83 10 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Can't wait for band callouts.

I hear they are never coming? I would love to know for sure.

#84 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Every upper playfield gets boring after a few dozen games

I dunno, Shadow's is pretty dope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lincoln, NE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La Crescent, MN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/argue-here-ff-pro-vs-prem/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.