• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Syco54645
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello,

I have an Argosy that I thought I had all fixed up (the player unit was not working correctly and would get stuck on player 3) but now it is having another issue.
In the game there are drop targets. You complete the drop targets once you get 10k. That works fine. The second time you complete them you get 30k, that is where it goes crazy. It just gets stuck and keeps scoring points. I have the schematic but am not sure what I should be looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was trying to have the game ready for saturday but when this crept up I started shopping my Congo instead...

Thanks in advance

#2 9 years ago

I'm sure there's some kind of feature advance relay or something like that (I don't think the drop target sequences use a stepper unit but I could be wrong).

I'd pay careful attention to those relays, especially any "30,000 bonus" lit relay or something like that.

It's probably not the drops themselves as they work for the 10,000.

These relays would likely be hanging underneath the playfield, not on the bottom of the cab.

Also, what do mean it's "scoring like crazy?" Is it ringing up hundreds...thousands...10,000s?

#3 9 years ago

I believe it is ringing up 10k endlessly. I would have to check later specifically which reel.

#4 9 years ago

It might help if you're able to post the schematic here.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I believe it is ringing up 10k endlessly. I would have to check later specifically which reel.

Did you check the associated relays as I suggested?

Also check the 10,000 point relay in the back of the head. The drop targets down ring up 10,000 points faster than anything else in the (besides that it's always one at a time instead of 3 or 5 in quick succession). Might want to clean/adjust that relay.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did you check the associated relays as I suggested?
Also check the 10,000 point relay in the back of the head. The drop targets down ring up 10,000 points faster than anything else in the (besides that it's always one at a time instead of 3 or 5 in quick succession). Might want to clean/adjust that relay.

I did not get in until around 10pm and decided to test my Congo and ran into issues there. Will try to get to Argosy tonight. Congo is a much bigger draw for the party than Argosy so depends how fast I can fix Congo's issue...

#7 9 years ago

Congo sucks and your party would be way better off with Argosy running.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Congo sucks and your party would be way better off with Argosy running.

Haha. Well hopefully Congo is an easy fix and I can get to Argosy. After the time I spent on fixing the other issues I got disgusted and just walked away from it. Ready to try and fix it again, just need time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/argosy-wont-stop-scoring-after-completing-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.