• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
E7FC144E-8ECA-43B8-A005-2FE21AD09D32 (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

The spinner is supposed to alternate between 100 and 1,000 points as certain playfield features are activated. I think it is should switch back and fourth as the ball hits the slingshots, but may include other contacts. Currently the the value of the spinner only scores 100 points and the insert never lights for 1,000 points. Does anyone have any ideas on what to check?

I have cleaned and adjusted the "spinner lite" contact on the Change Relay, but it didn't make a difference.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

E7FC144E-8ECA-43B8-A005-2FE21AD09D32 (resized).pngE7FC144E-8ECA-43B8-A005-2FE21AD09D32 (resized).png
#2 5 years ago

Well, is the spinner alternating relay actually switching positions on a 10 point hits?

If you manually close the relay with your finger, does the spinner lite?

Lots more to check out here before we can help.

#3 5 years ago

Check M/B sw. C here. And do you have a high quality scan of the schematic you can post (not phone pix)?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check M/B sw. C here. And do you have a high quality scan of the schematic you can post (not phone pix)?
[quoted image]

I have cleaned and adjusted all the contacts on the Change Relay. I will take a look at them again and work on getting the schematics.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, is the spinner alternating relay actually switching positions on a 10 point hits?

I will give it a try this evening and report back.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Change Relay(spinner alternating relay) does not switch positions on 10 point hits, but the spinner does lite when I manually close the relay.

#7 5 years ago

There is a small switch on the match unit that activates the change relay. You need to check that. I have the same switch on my Aztec, (it alternates the pops). I have to adjust it about once a year.

#8 5 years ago

PROBLEM SOLVED

The match unit was not functioning properly. The tab on the relay that moved the contact wheel needed to be adjusted. Thanks to all that helped.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/argosy-spinner-not-alternating-point-value?hl=sodacrack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.