6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Fytr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Picked up my first EM about awhile back, a Williams Argosy. I've cleaned it up, fixed a missing bonus stepper coil stop, and rebuilt the chime box. Game is generally playing great but I've noticed the 500 and 5000 switches are not scoring properly.

Seems like they both behave similarily, where one time they might score 3 or 4 x (so 300 or 3000) and the next none or 1x.

I found a similar thread here (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/500-point-scoring-not-always-happening) and checked the schematics and noted that 500 pt relay is ended (I think) by the 4th reel on the score motor assembly, top switch. I went ahead and tried to clean all the switch contacts on the assembly with a emery board and also tighened down their mounting screws.

After that the 500 and 5000 went from scoring one or twice (100, 200) to 3 or 4 times, but still not consistent.

The 500 relay itself seems to engage fully and release correctly. I also cleaned the contacts there.

Not quite sure where to look next, any advice is appreciated.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check the hold on each, which is the "A" sw. on both, for floating contacts. Crimp.

Sorry, first EM, not sure which switch you are referring to. Can you expand on your suggestion?

Thx

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

Also check Cam 5 on the motor - labeled 5 plays $25, outhole relock, no. 4 re. lock, 500 and 5000 re lock.
On the Schematic its Around C19 (5 IMP.-D) This should pulses 5 times through the 500, 5K relays.

That disc only has 2 divots in it, the motor turns 1/2 rotation each time the 500 or 5000 relay is closed. I don’t understand how it can pulse 5 times with only 1 divot per 1/2 rotation. It seems to function in terms of releasing the 500 relay.

There are two discs that do have 5 divots, forward impulse and impulse. Would it be switches on one of those?

#6 6 years ago

UPDATE:

I cleaned the sw stacks on the two impulse cams and adjusted the top switch on the impulse cam (was a bit too much of a gap) and both 500 and 5000 are working perfectly now!

That was instantly gratifying.

Thanks again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/argosy-500-and-5000-scoring-issues?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.