7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by thedarkknight77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GCDM.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Been trying to grand champ DM for months. I've got tons better and I feel like I finally know how to play it. I've got some decent scores (for my amateur abilities anyway)... just haven't got the GC yet.

Soo... I'm on my last ball and I notice my score is just within a few mil of GC. I get nervous... make a ridiculous shot. I get a bad bounce off my dumb shot and know it's going to drain down the center. As I watch it drain I get mad and shove the machine like a crazy person (which was pointless because there was no saving this drain). Of course my violent outburst TILTS the machine. Worst part is... I would have got an epic bonus for that last ball and finally got the GC score. But, because of the Tilt I get no bonus and I'm shy only a million or so. Arg!

#2 7 years ago

angry tilts cost you man! that blows, keep me in mind if you Grand champ the DH and wanna trade it!

#3 7 years ago

That sucks man. It just makes you want to try and try again.

#4 7 years ago

Sorry, but LOL - Great Story!
    You will get GC - Don't worry

#5 7 years ago

Oh, no. Your subject line means just the opposite!

#6 7 years ago

Oh, no. Your subject line means just the opposite!

Oops. Good catch. I was angry at the time. Changed "caused" to be "cost".

Guess what? I just did it!! Finally got the GC!!

I know this pic opens me up for ridicule since a lot of you could set this score with your eyes closed... but for me a proud moment nonetheless.

GCDM.JPG

#7 7 years ago

There it is! congrats Rascal, no tilting required!

#8 7 years ago

Man.... you would cry like a baby if I told you what my high was before I sold it

#9 7 years ago

Man.... you would cry like a baby if I told you what my high was before I sold it

Easy "Wizman Jr."...

Congrats Rascal!

#10 7 years ago

Wow, I wish the GC score on my DM was in that range. Mine is at 3.6 billion!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Man.... you would cry like a baby if I told you what my high was before I sold it []

Quoted from rwalters21:

Wow, I wish the GC score on my DM was in that range. Mine is at 3.6 billion!

I know, I know. I'll get there someday. I promise (or hope).

My GC was the default factory GC... haha.

Now I want to knock off the default Demolition Time score of 500m. I usually never play for Demolition Time... just for lock freezes.

#12 7 years ago

Glad I am not the only player with an attitude!

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Glad I am not the only player with an attitude!

Don't you mean "RAD-itude!" TG???

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

thread crashing and bashing. whatever man. congrats on your GC score rascal!

#15 7 years ago

The funny thing is Wesley Snipes was in prison in that movie and now he really is. Congrats on the GC.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

what was your score? that's like saying you had sex with the tri-delta's hottest sister, but not which one...cuz we all now there's a fat bitch in the mix somewhere

#17 7 years ago

Congrats on getting the GC. I pretty much did the same thing a few weeks ago on TSPP and then got the GC score a couple of days later. I'm glad I'm not the only one who occasionally lets the temper get the best of me. But it deserved it after that last ball!

#18 7 years ago

Concrats on your gc. On my afm Just about to rule the universe yesterday. It was all set up an I missed the shot hit the last martian next to the stroke of luck instead, and went into multiball where eventually the two balls bounced off each other, both went out and I was still one shot short. Was never this close before , quess this is what keeps you coming back though. Did have my high score of 15 billion plus though.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from justonemore:

Congrats on your gc.

+1 DM is on my wish list. It's a great wide body pin.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

what was your score? that's like saying you had sex with the tri-delta's hottest sister, but not which one...cuz we all now there's a fat bitch in the mix somewhere

9.3B. I've heard of some crazy double digit scores as well, but that was the best I could do in the 1.5 years I owned it, so I'm sure pascal will destroy his CG score many more times.

I wasn't meaning to thread crash. I seriously won't be surpirsed once he posts well over mine.

Once you get a really good game going, the bonus really builds, to the point where I was getting close to a billiion on the last couple ball bonuses alone, with the multiplier fully stacked.

3 weeks later
    #21 7 years ago

I love this thread as I just bought a DM and thought I was king $hit when I broke 1 Billion..........That is until I heard of people getting 8 billion. Don't worry Rascal, one rookie to another...........You are "the man" in my book.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 219.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside