Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Nexyss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

If you have pins in a separate building, or carport, do you keep the heat/air on 24/7?

#2 9 years ago

Wow Pinbell not even I enjoy that luxury. So my take is water absorbing crystals to suck the humidity and that's it. I admit though I do not live in an extreme climate zone.

#3 9 years ago

All in the house....but I don't have 21 machines either

#4 9 years ago

Basement with a dehumidifier

#5 9 years ago

300+ in storage, no climate control,
    mostly hot and dry most of the year,
    better than freezing cold or humid.
    No real problems noticed thus far,
    but would if i could
    store 'em all in climate control conditions.

#6 9 years ago

Basement with dehumidifier for me too.

#7 9 years ago

Mine are in the basement. I have a dehumidifier, and the basement does have AC / Heat vents if needed. Without using the vents, the ambient temperature is usually right around 65 - 70.

If I had then in a separate building I would want something to keep it a constant temperature, definitely.

Chris

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Mine are in the basement. I have a dehumidifier, and the basement does have AC / Heat vents if needed. Without using the vents, the ambient temperature is usually right around 65 - 70.
    If I had then in a separate building I would want something to keep it a constant temperature, definitely.
    Chris

This is the same for mine.

#9 9 years ago

I have four machines in the "great room" (bar) which is climate controlled and then 2 more in the finished basement with a humidifier.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

300+ in storage

You need a hobby!!!

#10 9 years ago

Yes. Mine are in the garage, but I installed a mini split unit to keep it cool and lower the humidity.

#11 9 years ago

Ours are inside the house and have the same temp as the rest of the house: they never get cold or too hot. I am at home 24/7, so the house temp stays the same, even at night.

#12 9 years ago

Yes. 30' x 60' insulated pole barn behind the house. It has a 90+ gas furnace and air conditioning. I think the temperature and humidity are better out there than in my house.

#13 9 years ago

Im looking to put mine in the garage to expand. Is a mini split system the way to go for a barcade style setup?

#14 9 years ago

Basement and loft, ac/heat 24/7

#15 9 years ago

All of mine are in a bottom floor gameroom. I think of it as a "basement" but it's not really, it's really just a first floor all above ground in a split level house. So, they are all climate controlled through the year. My garage which has no climate control occasionally gets an overflow pin or two, but they usually are ones that are re-sold quickly or brought into the gameroom within 4-6 weeks.

#16 9 years ago

Mine are in the garage, and I am currently heating/ cooling with portable units. They do a decent job, but I am going to put in a mini split system next year. I don't think my fiance really understands why I am cooling the garage when I am not playing, so I get regular updates on the projected power bill. lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-your-pins-climate-controlled-247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.