Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by woody76
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

If so do you have a separate policy and where do you come up with a replacement price?

Thanks Jeff

#2 3 years ago

I did for a while with State Farm but their exclusions increased almost
    as fast as the price so dropped them. So if our house burns, 52 machines
    up in smoke.

#3 3 years ago

Doesn’t your homeowners insurance cover them?

#4 3 years ago

I increased my homeowners insurance contents coverage. I have pictures of each machine showing condition.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes, homeowners policies typically have a set figure
    that covers "personal belongings."
    However, it is wise to be diligent and have your
    valuable belongings well documented with
    pics, current market value and appraisals.

#6 3 years ago

I called my agent a few years ago on this topic. A rep there said pinball was a sport and they can not cover them under a separate policy.

I hope my replacement value coverage will cover them. I have pictures and receipts. Hope to never need it.

#7 3 years ago

I've been trying to find out a solution to this myself for over a month with no real progress no matter what agency I call:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/experience-with-collect-insure-insuring-your-collection

#8 3 years ago

I guess the question should be has anyone had to claim a loss on their home owners policy and what was the outcome.

#9 3 years ago

https://collectinsure.com/

Just be sure to keep a record of your games/items, serial numbers, and photos for yourself in a safe place.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

I guess the question should be has anyone had to claim a loss on their home owners policy and what was the outcome.

That is a good question since prices are a little bit erratic and insurers would like the lowest number.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

I never had to claim anything, but when I talked to my agent he basically flat out told me unless I had an appraisal, there would be no way I would be able to get replacement cost back on them and would probably be arguing with them about value for months. Points for transparency I guess...

Quoted from ForceFlow:

https://collectinsure.com/
    Just be sure to keep a record of your games/items, serial numbers, and photos for yourself in a safe place.

Do you use them? I actually talked to a guy from there and was sort of put off. It sounds like (but I am not 100% clear here), that it functions like a gap insurance, where they would actually pay you the difference between the value and what your regular homeowners paid.

They also said they didn't need pictures or appraisals, they just took the stated value. This also seemed odd to me...what's to stop me from just insuring my collection for double the value?

I haven't really found anyone that's actually used this place so I'd love more info on them if it's legit.

#12 3 years ago

This is a simple process IMO...I took a video of my whole house interior for contents, (as suggested by my rep) supposed to keep a copy off site or virtual. My home owners covers all contents, I even asked if I need to claim expensive items such as guns and collectables, and pins. They are happy with the video as it is. I just needed to have insured FULL replacement contents as a whole to what I paying for. different tiers. (total value of contents)

Thinking it depends on your ins company...I always believe you get what you pay for..I don't mind paying a little more for a no hassle situation if it ever comes up.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes, as long as they are personal use (not a business) just up your personal contents the amount of the games. I have replacement cost on my home and personal contents. I have been through this with several different insurance companies and also was involved in a major tornado claim.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

yes, was paid what I told them they was worth. Especially after they looked around on the internet and saw my prices where lower than advertised prices they gladly paid what I wanted.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-your-pinball-machines-insured- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.