1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by InfiniteLives
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Are/were they collectors , casual owners. Do they help you currently say with cleaning a game, moving, or if your operating games help round up locations. Or happily give you advice?

#2 1 year ago

I play pinball with my dad. He also helps me move my machines whenever I buy or sell. He’s a great guy that will do anything for family.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I play pinball with my dad. He also helps me move my machines whenever I buy or sell. He’s a great guy that will do anything for family.

You are Lucky man. My dad thinks they are fun but not for the price. So we don't talk about them much.

#4 1 year ago

My dad loves pinball and was fully onboard with me asking to put a pin, which at one point turned into 5, when I still lived at home. I bought my first pin at 21 and moved out at 25. He joked around that I should of left a pin at his house for rent, lol. We now play pinball whenever he comes over.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

You are Lucky man. My dad thinks they are fun but not for the price. So we don't talk about them much.

Don’t talk about price, my dad thinks $1000 is too much for a machine. If he only knew how much my Medieval Madness was

#6 1 year ago

My dad makes pinball ramps.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#7 1 year ago

My father is pretty much the only reason I'm into pinball, and it's dope.

#8 1 year ago

My Mom is 81 and plays my Sopranos and DE Star Wars all the time. She'll curses at the Sopranos as she plays (what do you expect most of the time the machine curses first).

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

So we don't talk about them much.

at least you guys talk...

my dad used to collect vintage amusement devices. that is where i got my kewpie doll pin and seeburg jukebox. he still has a bunch of old candy machines and a coke machine but is more interested in corvette than anything else any more. When we do talk he is glad that I have the collection but could really care less.

My mom on the other hand comes over all the time and LOVES to play the machines.

Should note they are divorced for reasons alluded to above.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Don’t talk about price, my dad thinks $1000 is too much for a machine. If he only knew how much my Medieval Madness was

Yes that was my first mistake

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

My dad makes pinball ramps.
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

That's awesome sounds like you dads a awesome dude. Not saying mines not just his opinion on this topic

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

My Mom is 81 and plays my Sopranos and DE Star Wars all the time. She'll curses at the Sopranos as she plays (what do you expect most of the time the machine curses first).

That's sweet

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

at least you guys talk...
    my dad used to collect vintage amusement devices. that is where i got my kewpie doll pin and seeburg jukebox. he still has a bunch of old candy machines and a coke machine but is more interested in corvette than anything else any more.
    My mom on the other hand comes over all the time and LOVES to play the machines.
    Should note they are divorced for reasons alluded to above.

My dad also loved his corvette well his car collection. He doesn't think that a waste of cash. But each to there own. And ya we talk life to short to care about shit. And they support all my choices and trust me we all made a lot of bad ones.
    As life happens.

#14 1 year ago

Yes, but not in the way you are probably asking.
    My parents are in their 80's.
    But it was my dad that bought us our first pinball back in 1977.
    Since that time he has let us keep our 18+ permanent games in his very large gameroom and host numerous tournaments at his house.
    Not only that but they cook giant meals for all the attendees, which is usually about 20+ people.
    We have also restored close to 200 games at their place as well.
    So yes. They are involved.

#15 1 year ago

I told my father when I got into this hobby that I was collecting pinball machines. He told me to "be careful, your aunt lost a lot of money gambling on slot machines in Atlantic City".

I didn't know then what one had to do with the other and I still don't.

#16 1 year ago

I love to play with my dad. Great guy.

#17 1 year ago

I keep a game at my parents house and they battle each other and have a marker board next to the game to keep track of their high scores (since they cant beat the ones I have on the games hah) They talk trash to each other, its pretty awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 0.35
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 94.00
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 199.99
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 218.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 209.99
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside